PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk was on a (short lived) funny clip show my kids watched a year or 2 back and was just awful and all he had to do was queue up a few videos and feed or be fed silly comic stuff from a few other hosts. Now can he a big a glug in stallones expendables 15 sure but outside of that I dont see much acting in his future. I think he will be around another year or 2. As someoen else mentioned is contract is the biggest factor.

I am getting the feeling Gronk is coming back and he will not be taking a pay cut to do it. Further more if he chooses to come back and not take a pay cut they should absolutely keep him. While you'd like a guy you pay about 12M to play all 19 games at a high level Gronk just doesn't have 19 games in him.

He has maybe 7 or 8 good games left. But I think those 7 or 8 good games are worth 12 Million IF you get to pick and choose when you have them which I think they will. If they manage Gronk correctly then he will hopefully be ready to go for the most impactful games and the playoffs. That is really all we care about right now.

As long as he can torch the top AFC teams and block like a beast the rest of the time it doesn't matter if he only has 500 yards in the regular season total. If he is healthy come playoff time and we have a bye that is all that matters.

Simply put I don't think this team can win without Gronk at this point. They won't find anyone else who can have as big of an impact and certainly no one else that will be able to build that trust level with Brady.

I don't mind over paying for Gronk this year. Structure deals so that you can keep guys in 2019. In 2020 a lot of money comes off the books and Hightower becomes easy to renegotiate with. You won't have any bad contracts for over priced players in 2020 and then they'll have the freedom to rebuild their roster more so then they do this year.

A 60% version of peak Gronk is still a pretty good tight end, yes? Or as a fan, is it too disappointing to see him out there just doing Kyle Brady's type of job? (for the right money)

A 60% version of peak Gronk is still a pretty good tight end, yes? Or as a fan, is it too disappointing to see him out there just doing Kyle Brady's type of job? (for the right money)
I hope we draft a tight end with one of our first two picks. Gronk can mentor whoever that is.

I think he will retire but if he does want to play, let him try. I also agree that 60% of gronk is better than most if you add in his abilities in the running game. It goes in noticed a lot but he is a key factor on many run plays. These back injuries will wind up forcing him to retire.

Taking into consideration rumors about his retirement, film industry,wrestling, his health issues or whatever you want I assume his career is coming to the end sooner than later. Even if Gronk is gonna stay one season more we need another TE to know the system. I would adress one via the high draft pick.

I think he will retire but if he does want to play, let him try. I also agree that 60% of gronk is better than most if you add in his abilities in the running game. It goes in noticed a lot but he is a key factor on many run plays. These back injuries will wind up forcing him to retire.

Post 69

Nice

It's pretty ridiculous how good Gronk is when people say hesh hardly what he used to be, but are still willing to pay 12M for the guy. Just a unique perspective on how insanely valuable and well rounded of a player he is.

6 x 9 + 6 + 9 = definitely maybe

Pats have the Ammo to get one of the Top 2 TE's I would get either Hoch or Fant. I think Gronk would be happy too with that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft