PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk??

Status
Not open for further replies.
He literally says in this Jimmy Fallon interview from last night that "we're getting good practicing for next season" in regards to dodging beer cans at the parade.

He's coming back.

I hope he retires. He isn’t the Gronk of old anymore. And he deserves to retire before he’s hobbled for life.

A strong showing in the SB doesn’t change the fact that he’s just not that guy anymore

Losing makes you think about life choices like last year but winning is a miracle drug. Gronk is having the time of his life now. He is going to want to get more of this drug and he’s coming back. People were too harsh on him this year. He played hurt for most of it but still managed a full season. He should be the healthiest he’s ever been this upcoming year, and considering how BB thinks outside the box he may be more lenient in regards to Gronks health.

I think he's done. It's a question of economics. Once the Pats want to reduce his $$, then it's Hollywood vs Foxboro. Even if Foxboro is more $$ now, long term, he's going to get to the point where Hollywood will far outweigh what he can earn in the NFL.

Let's say they want to bring him back for like 17m for 2 years. Then retire. He can go to Hollywood and earn, what, maybe half or a third of that in two years? But then it's year 3-5 where he can cash in. Plus health concerns. I think he's going to follow The Rock's playbook and make himself into a bonafide box office draw. He needs to go lay (pun intended) the ground work now and then cash in when he's in his late 30's and early 40's. It's a long term plan IMO.

That doesn't even weigh the social scene for him, and we have no idea what kind of pressure his GF is applying on him, one way or the other.

The wild card is Tom. If Tom can talk him into a couple years, and Bill gives him a schedule like Bavaro had, then maybe he stays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always seen Gronk as a guy who most importantly "opens up multiple options in RZ offense". I don't think it's true any longer, not to 2011-2017 extent.

I love the guy and think he'd be a major positive for this team when in good health... but nowadays you never know if it's IR or just day-to-day. It's not good enough for ~$11M cap hit.

He literally says in this Jimmy Fallon interview from last night that "we're getting good practicing for next season" in regards to dodging beer cans at the parade.

He's coming back.

I caught that too, and that's encouraging. I also heard on Talk radio that in Brady's IG after the SB with he and Gronk, that one could take it as Gronk coming back. I hope so.

Maybe get married in the offseason, then come back strong for 1 more.

He's coming back and still every bit the monster that we know he is. I actually expect an injury free bounce back season with fairly solid numbers!

as long as he can block and catch he'll have a place. i hope he comes back because he was pretty great all around in the superbowl.

He be the best ever, but you have to weight that by his estimated availability as well as how good he'll be going forward.

I think that's always the issue with Gronk unfortunately. Even with nagging injuries he came through this year.

That's "Gronky" now.

Will he take 5 million a year plus incentives? Because that’s all the Pats will offer.

How about Gronk coupled with Rookie TE's Noah Fant - TJ Hockenson and Irv Smith. Put me down for one of those TE's whether Gronk stays or not. Those Guys are listed as TE's but they run like WR's match-up nightmares.:eek:

Does he go out with Brady and Edelman?? Or does he call it a career?? Part of me want him to go the other selfish side of me wants him to stay.

Thoughts...
you should make it a poll. I think he is done. he is beat up and has nothing else to prove IMO

I don't know what he's going to decide, but I'm pretty sure that he's gonna say that he will come back as Honorary Captain for SB LXIX.

Comments:

- If Rob is counting for 11M vs. the cap (Can't see Miguel's #'s anymore without subscribing to BSP or whatever it is called), that is only 7% of our ~160M cap.

- Gronk can still block and is probably one of the top 5 blocking TE's in the league.

- His production while DOWN this year wasn't that bad when compared to all other TE's in the league. He was still in the top 10-15.

- He still draws double coverage when a LB is on him, IMO. He still must be accounted for. And he can still catch balls on a CB in the shallow zone at least.

- I think he still has a lot left in the tank and only needs to be injury free to kick ass.....yes..IOW I think his down year was because of injuries....not age.

My feeling is he’ll retire. He’s 29 and he’s gone through multiple injuries to his back, arms, legs, concussions ...... I think he’s at the point where he doesn’t want to put his body through it anymore.

Listening to the radio last week I believe it was Florio who said his family really wanted him to retire last year as they were concerned about the concussions he’s had. He just won his 3rd SB, he’s saved all his contract money, he’s marketable and can make money outside of playing, now is the time to walk away.

Comments:

- If Rob is counting for 11M vs. the cap (Can't see Miguel's #'s anymore without subscribing to BSP or whatever it is called), that is only 7% of our ~160M cap.

- Gronk can still block and is probably one of the top 5 blocking TE's in the league.

- His production while DOWN this year wasn't that bad when compared to all other TE's in the league. He was still in the top 10-15.

- He still draws double coverage when a LB is on him, IMO. He still must be accounted for. And he can still catch balls on a CB in the shallow zone at least.

- I think he still has a lot left in the tank and only needs to be injury free to kick ass.....yes..IOW I think his down year was because of injuries....not age

I disagree you can plainly see that Gronk has lost a step a lot of his initial quickness off the LOS that made him Great is gone. Yes the Defense must respect him but he's definitely on the decline but I think he could still be Great coupled with a young TE not named Jacob Hollister:rolleyes: who can block and catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back