PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it's not that deep...

I also haven't seen anybody wish any ill-will against Tom. The poster in question was wishing the Bucs lose every game. That is fan behavior (look up the definition of fan), whether you agree with the sentiment or not. Fans say things based on emotion. Does not make him any less loyal than you or anybody else.

For argument sake, I'd say the loyalty is a two-way street. Yeah, some fans might be a little more spiteful to a player who they feel were no longer loyal to the franchise. You, nor anybody on this forum, truly knows how Brady's departure was handled behind the scenes. If you're a diehard fan of the TEAM and you feel upset and become spiteful that a player left through his own will, that's quite literally the behavior of a fan. You might say things that are a bit over the top (i hope the greener pasture he left for ends up being crap and they lose every game). I haven't seen anybody say anything truly nasty about Brady or not being appreciative of the past 20 years.

Someone in this very thread literally said that he believes Brady threw last season and tanked it. Others are saying they hope he loses every game. People have called him a diva and a primadonna on here for the last two seasons since he first started skipping OTAs. That's not loyalty. That's trashing someone. Now, if you want to do that, feel free. It's a free country and people are entitled to say what they believe. But let's not act like that's loyalty. But you're already walking that back with your next point in this post, so I expect you know that your original take was a brain dead one, as per usual.

But your comment about fans not being loyal bc they hope Tom's new team loses is short-sighted.

Not short-sighted at all. The dude won us 6 Super Bowls and took less money than he was entitled to in order to help Bill build the team. He's now on a different team. The Patriots aren't playing the Bucs this year. As such, I wish him nothing but the best and hope he wins as much as possible to further improve his legacy unless the two teams play one another in the Super Bowl, which probably isn't happening this year. That's actually being oriented toward transcendence, as a fan. You're not there. That's understandable. But don't say you're loyal to a player who achieved a ton of success for this franchise while, in the very next sentence, say you're spiteful toward him. Those two things cannot coexist with one another.

Yes, Kontra, the entirety of Pats nation is coming out in droves bashing Brady at every turn. I think I even saw a poster recently call the TB12 method "lacking in science." These people are sick, fickle, ungrateful bastards.

You're on a roll.

Not the entirety, but a significant portion of the fan base, as the Guerrero threads in 2017, every OTA thread since 2018, every thread that has dealt with a rumor of him leaving or selling his house, and now this thread will show you. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. A lot of people, in general, are mouth-breathing idiots. What shouldn't that apply to this fan base as well? But nice attempt at a straw man there, bud.

You go to Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia and say “let’s cut out the crap here, you know you’re trading #67 overall for Joe Thuney on Friday, so let’s do it on Tuesday instead”.

What does that solve? Gronk says thanks but no thanks. Either way Gronk is not walking through that door folks. Why not get a draft pick for a player that will not put your uniform on again?

Just for spite?

Allen sucks huge ass. Defensive game and we have the better QB.

Miami is the threat.

Mono boy is done.

jesus, Allen goes to the playoffs nearly beats Houston but somehow Stidham is better cause he played good in preseason smh.

Buffalo owns the division and Miami is coming up they looked good as is end of the year

How can the Bills own the division when they haven't been in 1st place since 1995?

Buffalo owns the division and Miami is coming up they looked good as is end of the year

That was last year. Stid-O-Matic might have something to say about this year.

jesus, Allen goes to the playoffs nearly beats Houston but somehow Stidham is better cause he played good in preseason smh.

Jesus, Allen sucks scrotum sacks. What a world beater he turned out to be.

5BRBLPXMZN74ZZHQO6BUJSVX3A.jpg

Not really, I’m not gonna proof read this **** while typing fast at work, if he gets that worked up over it that’s on him haha

Man, their offense is going to be crazy good. Compensation isnt bad for a player that was retired.

TB needs firepower with NO in the division. Those two games are gonna be smokin.

How can the Bills own the division when they haven't been in 1st place since 1995?

May bad I meant will own obviously we have owned the division

Miami Dolphins starting QB: Ryan FitzPickSix

He’ll have his 4 magical games than Tua will come in but there defense will be good and they have a lot of picks

Honestly I think this may end up being the best outcome for both sides. Pats with Brady and Gronk still have major personnel issues and it’s hard to see them winning it all, nor would that give them much of a pathway to getting better given salary cap situation. This way Brady (and Gronk) upgrade their near-term odds for winning while BB can begin the necessary rebuild without losing face.

I hope TB wins it all and TB12 has an amazing year to cap off his legacy, and I hope the Pats have a couple of amazing drafts to set this team up to contend for the next 5-10 years.

Not really, I’m not gonna proof read this **** while typing fast at work, if he gets that worked up over it that’s on him haha

Proofread your unreadable dogshit? It was literally unreadable. I do this on a phone, too, dummy.

Wait, Shelton is a star? I’m just going by your words. You said stars are leaving in packs which is simply not true. McCourty is arguably a star and he re-signed for two years.
The best QB of all time manipulated his contract to ensure he could leave and the best TE of all time sat out a season and forced a trade to play elsewhere. Shelton I pointed out because of money being the reason players have left, and that’s really not true, they leave because they want to play someplace else. McCourty staying put to play with his brother doesn’t shock me.

We are going to see how good Belichick is as a coach when he doesn’t have a top 5 QB in the NFL, and if anyone thinks Belichick is the same coach as he was early in Brady’s career they’re not seeing the world through the right lens, because BB is closer to the life expectancy for a male in the US than he is to coaching Matt Cassel to an 11-5 record.

Honestly I think this may end up being the best outcome for both sides. Pats with Brady and Gronk still have major personnel issues and it’s hard to see them winning it all, nor would that give them much of a pathway to getting better given salary cap situation. This way Brady (and Gronk) upgrade their near-term odds for winning while BB can begin the necessary rebuild without losing face.

I hope TB wins it all and TB12 has an amazing year to cap off his legacy, and I hope the Pats have a couple of amazing drafts to set this team up to contend for the next 5-10 years.

We aren't rebuilding.

No. Brady built it. BB rode the GOAT to legend status. You're about to find out.
Without Belichick, Brady may never even had had an NFL career. Belichick drafted him in the sixth round. Belichick kept him as the fourth quarterback on the roster, something he has never done before or since. Belichick promoted Brady to Bledsoe's backup in Brady's second year. When Bledsoe recovered from his injury, Belichick stayed with Brady, despite Bledsoe's huge contract and Kraft's partiality to Drew. Belichick resolved the quarterback controversy at the conclusion of the season by trading Bledsoe. If Belichick had not drafted Brady, he would have been a free agent and training camp fodder for some other team, whose head coach almost certainly would allocate playing time by draft position and contract size.
But forget all that. Just trash Belichick.

Would be funny if the Bucs signed Gostowski next

Lol couldn't even get 117. Jesus. Bucs had the Pats over the barrel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back