PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk Reportedly Still Undecided On Playing Next Year:

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the offer they made to Amendola was laughable and disrespectful , I think the era of players playing here at a discount is close to an end.

I’m sure the offer was laughable compared to 6 mil per Miami gave. No need to pay 6 mil as the #2 slot wr on the team. And I’m a Danny fan

Jordan Matthews
Jeremy Hill
Marquis Flowers
Patrick Chung say hi

I will like to see him finish his career here. Come on gronk!!!! Maybe we can give him some incentives on his contract.

Belichick already said he knows who and who isn’t attending the OTAs.

Think people need to clam down. Gronk isn’t retiring. As long as Brady is still playing here, Gronk will be too.

Agreed. As long as there is communication no need to worry yet. Even before this news I believe we have TE as a high priority in the draft. Sorry to burst the bubble of all those in favor of 4 straight defensive picks.

Agreed. As long as there is communication no need to worry yet. Even before this news I believe we have TE as a high priority in the draft. Sorry to burst the bubble of all those in favor of 4 straight defensive picks.
Not to mention Kraft said he isn’t worried about the situation with Gronk.

If the owner of the team isn’t worried, why should I be?

Not to mention Kraft said he isn’t worried about the situation with Gronk.

If the owner of the team isn’t worried, why should I be?

It's about money - just looked at his contract, and that 6-year deal looks crappy on his end right now (I almost think players should sign contracts based on yearly % of salary cap, rather than absolute dollars).

I mean, he's making $4 million this year...

EDIT: Duh, it's 8 million this year. Still underpaid. I think it's about money, 100%. Pats should be able to fix it, and if not, some other team should get the appropriate guarantees from Gronk so that the Pats can get appropriate trade value.

I hope they get it done.

Last edited:
It's about money - just looked at his contract, and that 6-year deal looks crappy on his end right now (I almost think players should sign contracts based on yearly % of salary cap, rather than absolute dollars).

Underpaid yet it’s still the contract he signed. Wonder how much he was paid the years we lost him to injury?

Everything I've seen says he is making $8 million this year. Underpaid? Sure. But big difference between $4M and $8M.

I don't give a crap what he does. BB will take care of whatever needs to be done.

A dozen different sources have been reporting for months that there has been serious smoke if not outright fire behind the scenes in Patriot land but I’m sure they’re all just liars looking to set an anti-Pats agenda because that makes me feel better.

If he wants more money not sure hes going about it the right way, unless his agent already approached the team about a new deal and was rebuffed. If they did that I can understand why hes doing this but in the end I think he loves football too much to quit now.

Everything I've seen says he is making $8 million this year. Underpaid? Sure. But big difference between $4M and $8M.

You're right - for some reason, I keep thinking it's 2017...

I'm sorry but if football is not fun anymore or he is afraid of injury then he might as well retire.

If he is not happy here and there is no way to resolve the issue then he needs to be traded.

If $ is the problem then maybe the Pats throw a couple of bucks at him and see what he does. If he still *****es then open up the phone lines.

Is he trying to be Fred Lynn 2.0?

Gronk pay history:

gronk pay.JPG

If you’re going to dismiss all of the negative news with a grain of salt, don’t just treat good rumors as fact either. Felt like people made too quick of assumptions that he will play next year.

At this point, I don't care if he plays or not. I'm so sick of this soap opera ********. Trade his ass.

If they had won the super bowl does anyone think gronk's mindset would be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes