PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk On the Verge of another setback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Gronk Suffers another setback

4 surgeries on 1 arm is very concerning

This all started with a bone-headed decision to field Gronk on an extra point play at the end of the game. Go Pats.:rocker:

This all started with a bone-headed decision to field Gronk on an extra point play at the end of the game. Go Pats.:rocker:

You're a moron

I know you can't say when you're wrong i get it...you have always been like this

Your comment displays a stark and vivid lack of knowledge about how and why extra point units are assembled and employed in the NFL. Try analyzing professional rodeo...

4 surgeries on 1 arm is very concerning

Thank you, doctor.

Well, in a way he's right. You can't fault someone for pointing out facts.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it's written in stone that he'll miss time, but since the initial report from Borges we've had other multiple outlets close to the team reporting the same exact thing, including the much respected Mike Reiss.

4 surgeries on a broken forearm and questions about his health and ability to play 10 months after breaking his arm could definitely be viewed by some as "concerning," especially when that player has such obvious importance to the team.

The best educated speculation :

More Surgery Necessary For Rob Gronkowski? « Second Opinion

Bottom line :

It’s still possible that Gronkowski’s hardware won’t need to be exchanged and he’ll be able to return to workouts this summer. But if it’s decided that the bone will not heal properly without removing the hardware, Gronkowski could be looking at another six weeks of antibiotics before the hardware can be replaced and his rehab can start over once again.

This worst case would have the infection cleared by then end of May. Which would still have him ready by mid August (11 weeks) or certainly by September 1 (13 weeks).

So for him to miss Week 1 he would need this worst case and then another setback after that.

(I assumed a week from now for them to figure out where to go from here which I'm sure has already been discussed).

Bottom line :

This worst case would have the infection cleared by then end of May. Which would still have him ready by mid August (11 weeks) or certainly by September 1 (13 weeks).

So for him to miss Week 1 he would need this worst case and then another setback after that.

(I assumed a week from now for them to figure out where to go from here which I'm sure has already been discussed).

I would believe that drafting/signing a good WR is even more important, now, should Gronk require a 4th surgery, pushing him into mid-season availability...

Can someone explain why he even needs the plate ? I've never broken a bone but I thought they were usually put in a cast then healed (without a plate or screws) in 6-8 weeks. Is it because it's a smaller bone with less blood flow ?

I would believe that drafting/signing a good WR is even more important, now, should Gronk require a 4th surgery, pushing him into mid-season availability...
The surgery would likely mean he would miss PRESEASON not the first half of the regular season.

Bottom line :

We are something like 21 or 22 weeks away from the start of the season. So even with six more weeks of antibiotics and 10 weeks of recovery, Gronk should be back in time for the preseason.

You can't replace Gronk but Bill must have had a premonition in grabbing Ballard away from the Giants.

Suddenly Ballard could become an important player on offense,if Gronk is shelved for awhile.

You can't replace Gronk but Bill must have had a premonition in grabbing Ballard away from the Giants.

Suddenly Ballard could become an important player on offense,if Gronk is shelved for awhile.

Problem is you can't count on Gronk year in and year out. He had an injury history in college and it has continued in the pros. What, this is going to get better as he gets older??
My fear is the Patriots will continue to wrap their offense around Gronk.

Problem is you can't count on Gronk year in and year out. He had an injury history in college and it has continued in the pros. What, this is going to get better as he gets older??

One injury was a freak injury and the other happened on an unfortunate tackle where he had already carried the guy 5+ yards around his hips. Prior to the latter injury, he had just enjoyed the greatest season by a TE ever. Let's cut the guy some slack.

I had the worst dream that gronk died last night due to the infection.

I think im taking the roger ebert death and projecting it out on people with injuries.

Gronk has never missed a game in the Pros until last year (his third season in the Pros). Yes, Gronk's playing style opens him up to more injuries, but it took a broken bone to knock him out of the line up. Gronk has been pretty reliable in terms of being able to play and play well. He missed 5 out of a possible 48 regular season games in career. That isn't injury prone.

I am not all that worried about him missing a lot of time early in his career because he is tough SOB who can play through injuries and play well through injuries. My bigger fear for him is he will have a shorter career than usual and start to break down around 30.

If Gronk is an injury concern, I think it is more of a long term thing than a year in and year out thing. Gronk is a pretty reliable piece in the starting line up.

i had the worst dream that gronk died last night due to the infection.

I think im taking the roger ebert death and projecting it out on people with injuries.

newsflash

rob gronkowski dies of infection

more at 6

FYI, Drew Rosenhaus is denying much of Borges' story:

"Right now we’ve got plenty of time until the season starts, whether he needs another operation, what that operation will entail, that’s very preliminary," he continued. "That type of speculation is way off, no determinations have been made, there’s no surgery scheduled and we’re not even sure if he’s gonna need one."

Gronk's agent on possible surgery - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

newsflash

rob gronkowski dies of infection

more at 6

seriously that's what the nightmare was like "Patritos rob gronkoski dies due to complications of infection on forearm, more at 11"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes