PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk now has more yards than any Patriot receiver

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After Sunday's 100+ yard outing from Gronk, the Buccaneers TE passes Patriots leading WR, Damiere Byrd, in receiving yards for the 2020 campaign.

Gronk has a QB who can throw the ball. If Gronk was here, he would still have Cam Newton throwing him the ball.

Gronk has 505 yards and 4 TDs through 12 games. Those are good not great starting TE numbers. They are horrible numbers compared to Gronk in his prime.

His team can't beat good teams

Good for Gronk, but his 100 yards still didn't get his team a win AT HOME. Stats are for losers, as many have said.

Considering the state of the Buc offense versus the state of the Pats offense, the only surprise is that it took this long for Gronk to surpass any Patriot WR.

BuT cAn hE RUsh thE pAsSer !?!?!?
The 2020 version of "Can he rush the passer?" is "can he throw a football?"

Last edited:
We can overcome that with superior coaching and game planning.

For a little more context to how meaningless this factoid is, let's start with Gronk's rookie season.

2010: A tight end (Jason Witten) has more receiving yards than the top WR on 17 other teams.

2011: Gronk has more receiving yards than the top WR on 27 other teams.
He also has more receiving touchdowns than anyone on all 31 other teams.

2012: Despite playing in only 11 games, Gronk has more receiving touchdowns than anyone on 26 other teams.

2013: injured

2014: Gronk has more receiving yards than any receiver on 18 other teams.
He also has as many or more receiving touchdowns than anyone on 28 other teams.

2015: Gronk has more receiving yards than any receiver on 20 other teams.
He also has as many or more receiving touchdowns than anyone on 26 other teams.

There's plenty to criticize in regards to the Patriot offense, but this information is the equivalent of

f76.png

I have to admit Gronk has looked a lot better than I expected. Thought he was completely finished after 2018.

I assume this also means Gronk has more receiving yards than all the Patriots TEs in the last 2 seasons... :oops:

Which I think means BB trying to trade Gronk after the 2017 season is the worst decision of his career as a GM...(yes worse than picking Jordan Richards in the 2nd round)

Would have cost us the SB in 2018.

And even 3 years later broken down Gronk is still miles better than anything he has brought in as a replacement o_O

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back