PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he seems a little strange to me, as well. Trenni Kusnierek on CCSNE just now called him, aptly I think, a helicopter parent. I have no problem with Gronk advocating for himself, particularly the way his arm injury was handled by Gill, but having Daddy still publicly involved at a Gronk's age is a little lame, at least to me.

There is no evidence to support that Gordie is publicly or intimately involved in his son's affairs.

Seems that Trenni doesn't know what a helicopter parent really is.

In theory, helicopter parents impede their children's ability to deal with pressure, operate independently, manage stress and do not develop emotionally on their own.

Based on what I have read, Gordie and Diane have raised their children to live their lives and be themselves.

There is no evidence to support that Gordie is publicly or intimately involved in his son's affairs.

Seems that Trenni doesn't know what a helicopter parent really is.

In theory, helicopter parents impede their children's ability to deal with pressure, operate independently, manage stress and do not develop emotionally on their own.

Based on what I have read, Gordie and Diane have raised their children to live their lives and be themselves.
We disagree only on your first 2 points.

They wont win the SB without the bye

What makes you say that? We are pretty much guaranteed a bye. You don't think we can beat the Bengals in Cincy? That's assuming the Bengals make it past their first round.

We disagree only on your first 2 points.

OK. Besides the mouthing off before the SB 46 on Gronk's ankle, what has Gordie done?

If hes done more then I am unaware of it.

OK. Besides the mouthing off before the SB 46 on Gronk's ankle, what has Gordie done?

If hes done more then I am unaware of it.
Look, I enjoy your posts and I don't intend on engaging in a back and forth on this issue principally because it isn't a big deal. I'll just say this: I think it's revealing that the Patriots described the statement on Gronk's condition as a joint statement from the team and "the Gronkowski family", not the team and Rob.

Can we see how long he's off before we judge? Didn't we go through this already in 2013? A pretty solid amount of us are not professional athletes...I trust Gronk's judgement on his body alot more than I trust my concept of how healthy I think he (or Hightower, or Collins, or Edelman) should be.
Couldn't agree more. There are few things I find more idiotic than fans speculating on athletes' injuries and when they should be ready to return. And I'm one of the idiots who's been guilty of it.

Look, I enjoy your posts and I don't intend on engaging in a back and forth on this issue principally because it isn't a big deal. I'll just say this: I think it's revealing that the Patriots described the statement on Gronk's condition as a joint statement from the team and "the Gronkowski family", not the team and Rob.

I enjoy your thoughtful posts as well. :)

I'll close the discussion out with this for you to consider - I think the "family" are the 3 older brothers and not Gordie. With the exception of Goose who is at Kansas, they are all either sitting at home or working for selling exercise equipment for Gordie and living the NFL life vicariously through their younger brother.

Gord kinda gives me the creeps - dresses & acts like he's 21... Strikes me as the kind of guy who hit on his kids 17 year old high school girlfriends....:confused:

Somebody responded with an article about Gronk's dad.

I didn't know the Gronkowski's owned G & G Fitness.

They have stores in Western NY, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincy.

I actually own a couple of pieces of fitness equipment from G & G.

The quality and service from G & G is beyond first rate. Anyone interested should really check them out.

I would only buy fitness equipment from G & G. The guy knows how to run a fitness equipment business.

Somebody responded with an article about Gronk's dad.

I didn't know the Gronkowski's owned G & G Fitness.

They have stores in Western NY, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cincy.

I actually own a couple of pieces of fitness equipment from G & G.

The quality and service from G & G is beyond first rate. Anyone interested should really check them out.

I would only buy fitness equipment from G & G. The guy knows how to run a fitness equipment business.
Yea that was me. It was an article from Esquire Magazine from about a year ago.

It was a good read. The guy is a self-made millionaire. Gotta give him credit.

QQ
Yea that was me. It was an article from Esquire Magazine from about a year ago.

It was a good read. The guy is a self-made millionaire. Gotta give him credit.

I would encourage everyone interested in this thread to read the article.

Also, I would point out that whatever anyone thinks about the subject.....it should be kept in mind that Gronk's father isn't just some weight lifting meathead.

He's obviously a very successful businessman that founded and runs a great company.

Thread title has me looking for an investment opportunity, interesting they have a fitness store business, I'll be waiting for the IPO.

Thread title has me looking for an investment opportunity, interesting they have a fitness store business, I'll be waiting for the IPO.
How about a franchise outlet at Patriot Place

With a purchase above a certain amount.....Gronk is on the install team.!!!!

They wont win the SB without the bye

It'll be hard to not get the bye, at this point.

The bengals and the broncos play each other. So even if they win out, one of them will have 3 losses.

The patriots essentially have a 2 game cushion over the bengals and a 1 game cushion over the broncos because of the head to head tiebreaker.

I don't see the pats losing 3 more games, which means that they are the #2 at the very least. If the broncos drop another outside of the bengals game, and then the bengals drop a gimmie, the pats might even lock up #1 without gronk or edlemen needing to come back sooner then needed.

Reading those articles, and the posts about Gronk's dad being a successful businessman and a self-made millionaire, got me thinking about the claims that Gronk has not touched any of his NFL salary, instead living off his endorsement income. Those claims are used to show Gronk as being savvy and financially smart, but now I'm wondering if they're more reflective of a lack of financial sophistication. Seems to me that he might be better off structuring the endorsement deals to use deferred payments and tax-sheltered vehicles while living off his Patriots paychecks, which are fully taxed already. Not a big deal, but it puts Gronk Inc into a slightly more realistic light as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder what the Board at Gronk Inc. is thinking upon his return and whether it will vote on his status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back