PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk: historically great yards per catch for his size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen anything like him. Inline, Slot, Wide. Hands, Catch radius & yac.

So versatile & clutch.

GOAT

It's amazing that his speed continues to catch corners and safeties by surprise. He does not look that fast on film at all, but then he's galloping past you and the only thing you can do is commit illegal contact or pass interference.

He was doing 20 yards per catch last season before he was IR'ed.

We older Pats fans have the benefit of seeing Russ Francis, the TE Howard Cosell called "All-World".

Francis was 6-6, 240, tremendous blocker, and a galloper just like Gronk. I remember thinking, why don't the Pats pass to this guy more often? He was incredible. 3x Pro Bowler in his first four years. He lit up the screen when he had the ball.

And Gronk may be twice the player Francis was. That says much less about Francis... than it does about Gronk. :)

It's amazing that his speed continues to catch corners and safeties by surprise. He does not look that fast on film at all, but then he's galloping past you and the only thing you can do is commit illegal contact or pass interference.

He's the definition of "natural separation" bc of his physicality.

You're even with him, he'll almost lull you to sleep, take off for 2-3 strides & he has 5 yards of space bc he's a long strider.

It's easy to tall abt defending on your couch. Then on the field you have this 6'6/265 monster that can just move.

He's one of my all time favorites. Just a freak.

We older Pats fans have the benefit of seeing Russ Francis, the TE Howard Cosell called "All-World".

Francis was 6-6, 240, tremendous blocker, and a galloper just like Gronk. I remember thinking, why don't the Pats pass to this guy more often? He was incredible. 3x Pro Bowler in his first four years. He lit up the screen when he had the ball.

And Gronk may be twice the player Francis was. That says much less about Francis... than it does about Gronk. :)
Right. If RF played today he'd be Travis Kelce with class and a brain.

Ridiculously long strides. Just like Randy.

Apparently, Gronk leads all NFL players in YPC since 2015.

I was a huge Francis fan. I even have a 1976 throwback Russ Francis jersey. He was a great talent. But Gronk is a different animal. Greatest Pat’s TE, hands down. Top 5 alltime in the NFL.

Would love for this new restacked D to score a couple of times so we can limit Gronk on the Field Sunday.

Mark Bavaro's 1986 season was the most dominant season I've seen from a TE as far as combo of blocking, catching, and being just a coverage/tackling nightmare. Then Gronk came along and pretty much every healthy season he's had is '86 Bavaro.

Regards,
Chris

Never understood the grief re: his health. Despite the fact that Gronk has indeed missed significant time due to injury in his career, he is SO ridiculously talented and valuable. He is the greatest TE ever.

People in the media won't admit it and he doesn't have the numbers YET but Gronk is quite clearly the greatest TE ever. Ignore the injuries and just WATCH his play, he's the GOAT.

Mark Bavaro's 1986 season was the most dominant season I've seen from a TE as far as combo of blocking, catching, and being just a coverage/tackling nightmare. Then Gronk came along and pretty much every healthy season he's had is '86 Bavaro.

Regards,
Chris
Yep- Rambo is my standard for a TE as well. Rambo was a legit MVP candidate that year

That won’t get called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft