PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk following TB's regimen . EDIT: Hightower works w Guerrero too

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
In May, Gronkowski started working with Brady’s body coach and personal guru, Alex Guerrero.

This is actually great news. If it works half as well as with Tommy this could be huge. Of course Gronk's injury history esp. back is much more difficult task . still great to hear

I wonder if this decision is somehow connected w Gronk's recent extension..

Great article here:
Guregian: Rob Gronkowski adopting training program of Tom Brady and his guru

quote:

Gronkowski always has marvelled at how well Tom Brady, who turns 40 Thursday, has persevered. So 12 weeks ago, still feeling a little rough and ragged, Gronk took some advice from the five-time Super Bowl winner. Hoping to extend his NFL shelf life, the all-world tight end agreed to commit to working with Brady’s body coach and business partner, Alex Guerrero, who runs TB12 Sports Therapy Center at Patriot Place.

“Just looking at Tom, seeing what he does every day, what he eats, talking to him, personally one-on-one, just learning about the body with him, just seeing how flexible he is, how pliable he is, how loose he is all the time, every day and ready to go, I just felt like it was the time in my career where I needed to devote myself at all levels,” Gronkowski told the Herald Friday, shortly before a session at TB12.

The best news is Gronkowski has looked terrific during the first few days of workouts, and even better, he said he feels great — better than he has in a long time.

“I haven’t lost a single pound. But my body is working more efficiently. Everyone thinks I’m skinnier,” Gronk said with a smile. “I feel looser. I feel my mobility has increased a lot. I feel way more pliable.”

Avocado ice cream?

“I’m not to that level, no. Maybe one day I’ll get to that level,” he said. “One step at a time (laughing).”

Last edited:
I think it will help cause many things Alex Guerrero preaches make sense to me. Some are silly and some are downright refutable. Some of his past comments particularly concussion preventing water boarder on insane at best and snake oil salesman at worst.

However on the whole i think Guerrero has the right idea about a lot of things and it would be interesting to have studies done to isolate what really seems to work and what doesn't.

I do think that Brady's regimen contributes to his health and injury prevention/recovery to some degree. However, it also helps a great deal that he plays a position that is protected more in today's NFL. I imagine between being tackled and blocking, Gronk is taking a lot more punishment than Brady on average.

I think it will help cause many things Alex Guerrero preaches make sense to me. Some are silly and some are downright refutable. Some of his past comments particularly concussion preventing water boarder on insane at best and snake oil salesman at worst.

However on the whole i think Guerrero has the right idea about a lot of things and it would be interesting to have studies done to isolate what really seems to work and what doesn't.

Some of his methods are a bit dubious, to be sure, but when it comes to mobility work, body mechanics, and functional strength/movement, I think he's right on the money. To be fair, I am biased, since that was the main focus of my performance company and my gym, back when I still taught movement skills at a professional level, but I've seen first hand how much of a difference the right training regimen can truly make. I'd love to see a more scientific review of different methods, with control groups, to determine which of his ideas actually seem effective.

I thought this was already well known. I'll link the article I first read about this back in early May, when Men's Journal did a piece on the TB12 Sports Therapy Centre.

The Secrets of Tom Brady's Personal Trainer

They talk about finding Giselle, Edelman and Gronkowski doing sessions at the centre while their journalist was doing his own sessions and doing his rehab. Here's an excerpt from the article.

"Three times a week, I drove to TB12 to work with Guerrero and his team. Each session was two hours long, and I would often see Patriots like Brady, Julian Edelman, and Rob Gronkowski whisked away into one of the private treatment rooms. If they trusted Guerrero, I thought, why shouldn't I?"

So Gronk's been doing this all year it seems.

Never hurts to be more flexible and improve your nutrition. I'll start praying that it works and Gronk is healthy for the playoffs when we need him most.

Pretty sure that alcohol is frowned upon in this diet plan.

Poor Gronk.

The rule is to drink 3x the water for the amount of alcohol, soda, coffee etc that you consume. The water must be infused with TB12 electrolytes of course, which cost $15 per 50ml or $300 per litre.

TB12™ Electrolytes – TB12store

or you can buy the same ionic trace minerals from Amazon at a quarter the price without the TB12 logo.

Last edited:
Meh. Part of me thinks what TB12 does is legit the other part is voodoo.

If Gronk plays every single game or missed a game that is not major injury related I might start to believe.

Last edited:
Some of his past comments particularly concussion preventing water boarder on insane at best and snake oil salesman at worst.

I misinterpreted this at first.

That would be quite an interesting method.

So he's somewhere between "Yo soy Fiesta" and "Yo
como helado de avacado".

anything that keeps Gronk healthy and on the field is good.

Well this is pretty much the ultimate test for the whole Brady regimen. If it can keep Gronk on the field, that's the ultimate win.

The rule is to drink 3x the water for the amount of alcohol, soda, coffee etc that you consume. The water must be infused with TB12 electrolytes of course, which cost $15 per 50ml or $300 per litre.

TB12™ Electrolytes – TB12store

or you can buy the same ionic trace minerals from Amazon at a quarter the price without the TB12 logo.

3 X the water for the amount of alcohol? Do they sell it in Silos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down