PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk defending that play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was responsible for covering a potential lateral back into the open field? That player is going to look like an idiot on film, even though their job is very specifically not to run toward the ballcarrier.

That's exactly what Jackson did trailed the runner instead of taking the easier overland route.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did any body watch Jag CB #27 JC Jackson on that play?? All Jackson had to do after he missed the Tackle the First time is run Along the Sidelines he would have been able to prevent the score. Gronk and others had outside contain Jackson Trailed the Runner instead through the rubble. When he could have easily been waiting for him a the 1 yard line. Jackson would have made it there well before him. :rolleyes:

BB should bench Jackson for a couple games for poor awareness teach him a lesson.:mad:

Jackson was the primary culprit going for the INT/PBU instead of the sure fire tackle.

Two horrendous decisions by the GOAT coach and GOAT QB cost us the game. I hope next year they play at Miami in September and get that loss out of the way early.

Jackson was the primary culprit going for the INT/PBU instead of the sure fire tackle.

Let's see, Clayborne going 2.5 yards past the QB. A few blocks in the back during the lateral-fest didn't help. Jackson also looked like he was jogging rather than pursuing the ball-carrier.

Not kicking out of the end zone and making them go 75 yards = somewhat big. Maybe the extra six yards affords them to make the GD tackle at the 2 yard line.
No way. I'll take the opponent having to go 69 yards in 7 seconds for a TD over having to go 75 yards in 16 seconds all the time. One play to the sideline and they're way closer than 69 yards with time for one final play.

No way. I'll take the opponent having to go 69 yards in 7 seconds for a TD over having to go 75 yards in 16 seconds all the time. One play to the sideline and they're way closer than 69 yards with time for one final play.
They still would've had to make two plays. Meh. Splitting hairs at this point. Bring on the Stillers.

Let's see, Clayborne going 2.5 yards past the QB. A few blocks in the back during the lateral-fest didn't help. Jackson also looked like he was jogging rather than pursuing the ball-carrier.

Clayborne going 2.5 yards past the QB??:eek: That's an improvement over his usual 6.5 yards beyond the QB leaving a gaping hole in the process.:rolleyes:

I have zero blame against Gronk.

Guy is banged up playing in open space trying to make a game saving touchdown tackle.

Plus there were 10 other guys wearing red, white and blue who could've tackled somebody on that play.

That play was so ridiculous, I haven't even gotten mad about it. Belichick completely phoned it in.

For shame!

Its a shame that we didn't have our fastest player and best tackler on the field for that final play... why do you not have Dmac in there?

...So McDaniels is this alleged moron you're desperate to get rid of, yet you assume they would have scored a TD if they had gone for it on 4th down. In your mind you might think you can have it both ways, but in the real world that doesn't happen.

Not to mention it's better to be up 5 with 7 seconds left than up 2 with 16.
Depends on the location of the football.

If the Pats had gone for the TD on 4th down and failed, chances are very good that the ball would've been spotted somewhere inside the 3-yard line. Miami would've then had to travel approximately 60 yards, beginning from the very large shadow of its end zone. They might be compelled to run a different kind of attack, for which I hope our defense would've been better prepared.

Captain Stone tell me why you rated my post disagree. There's a shot in the replay with 6 DB's (including Gronk who was a DB on that play). The 7th is off camera somewhere. The 3 lineman and one linebacker give it away and it's obvious there in a quarter defense.

Captain Stone tell me why you rated my post disagree. There's a shot in the replay with 6 DB's (including Gronk who was a DB on that play). The 7th is off camera somewhere. The 3 lineman and one linebacker give it away and it's obvious there in a quarter defense.
I'm not counting Gronk as a DB, and neither should anyone else; I'm counting him as...Gronk.

4 rushers (which in and of itself was a Mistake, because there was no need for Any of them)...

...plus Gronk...

...leaves room on the field for Only 6 Real DBs, and that was obviously not enough.

Its a shame that we didn't have our fastest player and best tackler on the field for that final play... why do you not have Dmac in there?

That’s the thing that bugs me about the entire thing. That play had me remembering another equally strange thing.

Why the hell do you guys keep going back and forth about this damn play?!?! It’s pretty apparent that Gronk willingly gave up that TD strictly because it was 69 yards. 69 yards!!! That’s it! End of discussion. He didn’t accidentally trip over his own feet. He knew exactly what he was doing. It cannot be merely a coincidence that this keeps happening. It’s like a bizarre personal incentive for Gronk. He wanted this to be attached to his name forever!

Unfortunately (for us); but fortunately (for him), it will be....

Dolphins shock Patriots with miracle 69-yard touchdown on final play to pull off upset win

:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill