PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great read: Brady tells the Story of SBLI Comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I didn't realize that McDaniels talks to Brady through the headset until the 15 second cutoff. I guess I knew he could but after he gets the playcall in, I didn't know he drops little hints that way.

"That's nothing we take it all the way down to 1 second!" -- New York Giants

Interesting stat on Solder, guess I didn't realize how bad he was in that game.

I am eight days late here, but holy crap, this stat line on New England left tackle Nate Solder versus Atlanta in Super Bowl 51 is stunning:

Sacks allowed: 1
QB hits allowed: 1
QB pressures allowed: 11

I wish Brady would do these long interviews with someone other than Peter King.
But then he couldn't name drop that Giselle took his picture!

True, but they also ran the most plays from scrimmage ever. These numbers work out to just over 10% of plays being an issue.

True, but they also ran the most plays from scrimmage ever. These numbers work out to just over 10% of plays being an issue.
Good point, how does that game compare to an average game would be good to know, maybe it's typical or slightly bad but not as bad as first glance.

Yes, it was a great read.

My favorite part was the Malcolm Mitchell stuff:
He had catches of 15, seven and 18 yards, and Brady said the reason McDaniels had him in the game, and Brady picked him on routes with multiple options, came down to one word: trust.

“I think he had earned that trust of everybody,” Brady said. “If it was Julian, Julian was going to get it. If it was Malcolm, Malcolm was going to get it. Malcolm happened to be in those spots. And everybody had confidence to have Malcolm in those spots if he got it. He proved everybody right because he came up with the plays.”
I'm pretty impressed if TB12 feels he can trust Mitchell as much as JE11.

An article by Peter Queen?

Sorry not sorry, ain't clicking it.
I guess TB12 has buried the hatchet with PK since he did invite him to his Montana hideaway. I won't torture you by posting the picture with the two of them, taken by Giesle.

Was that all Freeney's one-trick pony speed/spin moves or other rushers as well?

<Joe Montana joke placeholder>

If it makes you feel any better, Joe couldn't afford the place this conversation took place. Brady probably wouldn't be a homeowner there without Giselle money

If it makes you feel any better, Joe couldn't afford the place this conversation took place. Brady probably wouldn't be a homeowner there without Giselle money
Of course Brady could afford that place in Montana on his own. It's not that place for sale in LA at 250 mil. Google Tom's net worth and several articles have him at around $200 mil. You're talking Montana here.

Of course Brady could afford that place in Montana on his own. It's not that place for sale in LA at 250 mil. Google Tom's net worth and several articles have him at around $200 mil. You're talking Montana here.

Believe me, Tom is on the poor end of the clientele that frequent the area.

Great. The minute the season is over he jets to Montana. Gets the big money. Treats the NFL season like a job. No interest in putting in the extra work to improve. Needs to be hounded just to open up the playbook in May. Just because hes tall and has a strong arm he thinks he can get away with his talent alone....tall, strong arm...tall, strong arm....

He better be careful, hes an injury away from a skinny, no-name 6th round pick taking his job.

Robertweathers, February, 2001

Brady is a mooch. Hes be staying at Red Roof Inns without her dime.

Yes, it was a great read.

My favorite part was the Malcolm Mitchell stuff:

I'm pretty impressed if TB12 feels he can trust Mitchell as much as JE11.

I guess TB12 has buried the hatchet with PK since he did invite him to his Montana hideaway. I won't torture you by posting the picture with the two of them, taken by Giesle.
Interesting too that Mitchell was the first rookie he ever completed a pass to in the Super Bowl. Good stuff coming for that guy.

Great. The minute the season is over he jets to Montana. Gets the big money. Treats the NFL season like a job. No interest in putting in the extra work to improve. Needs to be hounded just to open up the playbook in May. Just because hes tall and has a strong arm he thinks he can get away with his talent alone....tall, strong arm...tall, strong arm....

He better be careful, hes an injury away from a skinny, no-name 6th round pick taking his job.

Robertweathers, February, 2001

EPIC!
POTY so far, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back