PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Got my appointment with Roger Goodell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can we get a report from someone who attended the intimate gathering with the Com

Here's the Herald recap...seems like no Spygate was allowed...

Roger Goodell guarded in his optimism - BostonHerald.com

Goodell also mentions that the league is "looking into" the Westhoff flap and a decision will come down in a few days...don't hold your breath

Last edited:
What did Ommish say at the Patriot 75 meeting???...and did you see Ed Hochuli gagged and chained to Ommish's belt loop?

I think you have a valid perspective here. There is a flip side to this view, though.

If Patriots fans have a chance to speak with the Commissioner and don't bring up spygate, the news will be that Patriots fans accept the way the league handled the situation.

It happened years ago. Time to move on.

If the fans of the 31 other teams meet with Goodell and don't complain about the Spygate is the news they are accept the way the league handled the situation or is non-news story that they moved on? Keep in mind fans in most other fan bases wanted BB suspended.

We complain about everyone keep bringing up spygate. But well over half the time its the Patriots fans who keep reopening the discussion.

Re: Can we get a report from someone who attended the intimate gathering with the Com

Possibly true. But I am not sure where you got that jump. It was a too short of an article to list every Q in a 45 min Q&A. Maybe the reporter just decided not to report on lame ass stupid questions about something that happened 3 years ago in which Goodells didn't say anything new.

If so, I commend the Herald for showing restraint.

Possibly true. But I am not sure where you got that jump. It was a too short of an article to list every Q in a 45 min Q&A. Maybe the reporter just decided not to report on lame ass stupid questions about something that happened 3 years ago in which Goodells didn't say anything new.

Would guess it was not written by Callahan, Felger or Borges...

If the fans of the 31 other teams meet with Goodell and don't complain about the Spygate is the news they are accept the way the league handled the situation or is non-news story that they moved on? Keep in mind fans in most other fan bases wanted BB suspended.

We complain about everyone keep bringing up spygate. But well over half the time its the Patriots fans who keep reopening the discussion.

Fine, but where do you get your stats from?

Appeasement rarely works.

Appeasement rarely works.

True, and the reason Goodell will not legitimate the concerns of the fan base of 1 team by saying he mishandled the investigation or levied a fine that was too harsh when there are 31 teams with inferior performances during Belichick's tenure with the Pats.

This guy is about revenue. If that is his end game, why would he ever make a statement that would potentially tick off the fans of 31 other teams, regardless of whether his decision on the incident was just? The Pats did, in fact, violate the rules. The rest is PR.

Herald? Restraint? Was Tomase there?

Where's Tune? Do you think he got out of hand and they had the State Police haul him off! ;)

Where's Tune? Do you think he got out of hand and they had the State Police haul him off! ;)

Guantanamo as an "enemy combatant."

Roger Goodell guarded in his optimism - BostonHerald.com

Goodell also mentions that the league is "looking into" the Westhoff flap and a decision will come down in a few days...don't hold your breath

They're probably combining it with the Favre investigation to save time and resources. That way, they only have to write one memo stating no violations of league rules were identified.

I watched Goodell's interview with Costas last night. Goodell is a arse. Plan and simple. He lies, he thinks he's Gawd and he's all about the money.

18 game seasons do not show your concern for the players. Sorry. That's a lie. You say it's about "listening" to the fans and "hearing" that they do not want to pay for a pre-season game. Fine. Then why not start the season earlier? Why does it have to be extended - with the regular season going through January? Is that caring about the fans? Really? Dome fans, maybe. Warm weather fans, maybe. But please do not tell me with a straight face that it's because you care. It's a money grab.

Meanwhile, you emphasis helmet to helmet hits, concussions are a concern - yet the regular season will be expanded.....so vets and alike have a higher chance of injury. Hypocritical much?

Last edited:
I watched Goodell's interview with Costas last night. Goodell is a arse. Plan and simple. He lies, he thinks he's Gawd and he's all about the money.

18 game seasons do not show your concern for the players. Sorry. That's a lie. You say it's about "listening" to the fans and "hearing" that they do not want to pay for a pre-season game. Fine. Then why not start the season earlier? Why does it have to be extended - with the regular season going through January? Is that caring about the fans? Really? Dome fans, maybe. Warm weather fans, maybe. But please do not tell me with a straight face that it's because you care. It's a money grab.

Meanwhile, you emphasis helmet to helmet hits, concussions are a concern - yet the regular season will be expanded.....so vets and alike have a higher chance of injury. Hypocritical much?
I was around for Rozzell and Tagliaboo i thought they did a good honest job. Goodell is abysmal, i still don't understand why his contract was renewed.

I don't remember Rozzel or Tags being so involved on a weekly basis in trying to shape the game like Goodell.

Last edited:
I assume Goodell is being retained so the owners can dump him after a potential lockout. If there's a lockout, Goodell takes the heat, gets scapegoated, and gets tossed once the new CBA is ratified.

JMHO.

Sorry, but your claim that it's Pats fans who keep re-opening the discussion is pretty much BS. 99% of the time it's Pats fans reacting to the MEDIA bringing up the Camera incident. Even recently, it was the media (Easterbrook/King) who brought it up and we reacted.

Just a point of clarification.
Goodell did not say that the season would run through January. That was Costas. Goodell said nothing was decided. IMHO, If the season was extended to 18 games, the season probably would start at the end of August vs. the 2nd week of September.

Sorry, but your claim that it's Pats fans who keep re-opening the discussion is pretty much BS. 99% of the time it's Pats fans reacting to the MEDIA bringing up the Camera incident. Even recently, it was the media (Easterbrook/King) who brought it up and we reacted.

Even if it were Patsfans who reopen the discussion, who cares? I don't care. It's only sports, not life or death. I wouldn't miss the chance to let Gooddell know he's a hypocritical jerk.

Just a point of clarification.
Goodell did not say that the season would run through January. That was Costas. Goodell said nothing was decided. IMHO, If the season was extended to 18 games, the season probably would start at the end of August vs. the 2nd week of September.

He did not refute that the extension would be on the backside...and imho, it will be on the backside. August = summer vacations and the heart of the regular baseball season. Winter = more of those "football weather games" people round here wax poetic about. Plus, it's winter. Days are shorter, people are indoors, and they watch TV. It's ALL about the money. I swear it has more to do with TV revenue than it does with attendance proceeds....do people really think Goodell cares about the season ticket holders? C'mon....

Last edited:
He did not refute that the extension would be on the backside...and imho, it will be on the backside. August = summer vacations and the heart of the regular baseball season. Winter = more of those "football weather games" people round here wax poetic about. Plus, it's winter. Days are shorter, people are indoors, and they watch TV. It's ALL about the money. I swear it has more to do with TV revenue than it does with attendance proceeds....do people really think Goodell cares about the season ticket holders? C'mon....

Outside of a few regions, such as the Boston area, baseball isn't a very big deal anymore. I don't think the NFL will worry more about baseball than it would the NCAA or NBA basketball.

I think they's shorten the preseason and put these games on the last weekend of August and Labor day weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes