PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Got my appointment with Roger Goodell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally pay money to hear him answer this question honestly.

And how much are you going to whine, when his answer is different than the one you want, and it is republished in every newspaper in the country?

How about this question?

"The media reported sanctions imposed by the New York Jets on Sal Alosi stemming from the tripping incident that was shown and commented on by the announcers in the recent Miami Dolphins - New York Jets game last Sunday. I have never heard of a team being allowed to investigate and punish itself for an incident of breaking league rules. Was this option available to the Patriots when they were accused of illegal taping and if it wasn't, why not? What is the criteria that is used to determine when a team is allowed to investigate and discipline themselves and when that option is not available to a team?"

Love his question and it's phrasing. This and the question about him being an ex jet and shouldn't he get someone else to handle jet matters

Speaking of investigations, you might want to ask him who leaked the confidential Pats tapes in his possession to Fox TV. LOL

Last edited:
Question for all of you who want Goodell grilled with questions regarding spygate, etc:

Are you going to be happy when the 25 newspapers/blogs run a story on how NEP fans are a bunch of whinny brats and repeated publication defending why a 1st round pick and a large fine was justified. Because that will be the end result of such a question.

Ask him about spygate. And the news story will be spygate.

Ask him about thieghgate and the news story will be pats fans whining.

Ask him the question I suggested about his start and the news story will be that he was a Jet.

Please don't embarass the fan base.

Excellent point and I agree that it's best to take the Pats out of this. There's momentum that could facilitate this turning into a story about whatshisname and the Jets. Beyond that, have a great time. If nothing else it should be interesting.

I think these are pretty easily sidestepped. For the first he simply says "No, the videotaping of defensive from anywhere is prohibited." and then to your follow up question he'll say. "I just did, next question." He is not going to be able to cite chapter and verse from the rule book and technical questions are just going to get a general response.

This is actually incorrect. The NFL has never said that it's prohibited. When the Jets did it, he said the Jets had permission.

As was pointed out repeatedly earlier in this thread, we shouldn't expect anything but staid answers to any question. You might as well let it rip with the expressions of anger, but respectfully, by obeying the rules of order for this meeting (phrase it as a question and be only slightly indirect about your point).

Right, this is exactly what was said in the second or third post of the thread. He's a lawyer for heaven's sake.

"Why, after the Jets victory over the Matt Cassel-lead Patriots in 2008, was Ray Anderson in front of the Jets locker room after the game where he was congratulating the Jets jovially and was quoted (by the B Globe) as saying, "I told you so..."

I am dreading what this board will look like on Tuesday after every hack in the universe uses dumbass questions asked by Patriot fans to dredge up spygate again after we opened the door to allow them to do that and on top of it call us a bunch of whiners.

Question for all of you who want Goodell grilled with questions regarding spygate, etc:

Are you going to be happy when the 25 newspapers/blogs run a story on how NEP fans are a bunch of whinny brats and repeated publication defending why a 1st round pick and a large fine was justified. Because that will be the end result of such a question.

Ask him the question I suggested about his start and the news story will be that he was a Jet.

1.) Spygate is brought up frequently anyway.

2.) Your question is easily answered and moved on from, with no lingering issues. It's a wasted opportunity.

3.) The story would be spygate (no on-field impact) v. thighgate (on-field impact).

Last edited:
This is actually incorrect. The NFL has never said that it's prohibited. When the Jets did it, he said the Jets had permission.

I never said it was correct. But I can gurantee you that won't matter. You can't argue the finer points of rules interpretations in such a setting. You have to talk to him about process not rules.

I can see where you're coming from. But on the other hand if nobody in that audience brings those topics up, doesn't that send a message to Goodell that fans of the Patriots are okay with the way he handled/is handling those two cases?

They should be really. I don't understand the reason for bringing up spygate or complaining about the Jets tripping incident, it seems elementary. I think most fans would stop looking for little things and enjoy the SB run awaiting.

He's not going to answer any uncomfortable questions and the expectation that he will is inane.

I don't think Mr. Kraft is bringing him here to be embarrassed, I think anyone who tries is showing disrespect to Mr. kraft and the Patriots organization - it's not the proper forum for such a thing.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Speaking of investigations, you might want to ask him who leaked the confidential Pats tapes in his possession to Fox TV. LOL

You mean where his wife worked?

Correct. I guess punishment for the breach of confidentiality doesn't apply to the Commissioner. LOL
I expect that another whitewash is taking place for his favorite team in Tripgaye right now.

Last edited:
I'd suggest congratulating Commissioner Clouseau on his new 2nd decade of the 21st century policy of handling specific team infractions such as the Jets sexual harassment and the Jets tripping the ST player by issuing league wide mandates and 'punishing' all teams.

I think you have a valid perspective here. There is a flip side to this view, though.

If Patriots fans have a chance to speak with the Commissioner and don't bring up spygate, the news will be that Patriots fans accept the way the league handled the situation.

I think whatever happens on this subject (short of injecting Goodell with sodium pentathol prior to the Q &A), it will be spun as a negative towards the Patriots .

Water boarding might work too. Just a suggestion.

Can we get a report from someone who attended the intimate gathering with the Comish?

I'm sure it was a lovely affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back