PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gostkowski named AFC ST Player of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space Ghost is the better nickname. And yeah when you are a kicker and you have a 62, 50 and 40 yard field goals (one of which was a big deal in pushing the lead) you deserve it. He got over whatever was hampering him last year.

Well deserved. One of the pillars of BBs situational chess play..

download_image

Boom!!!

Imagine how far he'd have kicked it if he'd had some competition in training camp. :)

Last edited:
As Romo said, too bad the ball wasn't a few yards farther back. The kick would have been good from 65+ yards and he'd have set a record for the ages...or until the next time a K with a big leg plays in Mexico City.

And, from things I've read in the past, he does not like being called "Ghost."

whenever he struggles, he should just think he’s in mexico

Ya, that would have been so cool if he set the record with that kick.

Patriots are down 2 and Ghost is going for a 45 yard SB winning kick with ten seconds left. Do you have faith in him?

Patriots are down 2 and Ghost is going for a 45 yard SB winning kick with ten seconds left. Do you have faith in him?

If it's not 4th down, and there are 10 seconds, and we have a timeout, I'd like to try and let TB12 get us closer first up the middle to Gronk or Edelman/Amendola. Even without timeout, I'd like to try a sideline route to Cooks/Hogan/Mitchell to get us closer.

Yes.

He's going to try the fg regardless. I'm just curious if others would feel as confident compared to if it was # 4.

God can we stop with this Vinateri circlejerk and remember that he also missed some important kicks but got bailed out because the end result still worked out. He was a great kicker but lets not pretend like he was on a different level than Ghost.

Yes.

God can we stop with this Vinateri circlejerk and remember that he also missed some important kicks but got bailed out because the end result still worked out. He was a great kicker but lets not pretend like he was on a different level than Ghost.
The AV lovers on here are never going to admit Ghost is a better kicker. They just cant do it. Its actually kinda pathetic.

The AV lovers on here are never going to admit Ghost is a better kicker. They just cant do it. Its actually kinda pathetic.

That said, the difference isn't spacious.

I dont think there is a significant difference between what both are capable of. Both had a couple of bad days as well as amazingly clutch days. It is a wash for me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back