PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does hurt.

I’m sad and I’m sad that I’m sad. I try to rationalize my emotions about these things but I just can’t do it fully in this case.

I have a lot of experience dealing with troubled people, unfortunately. Some want to do well and some have an innate meanness and/or cruelty to them. Gordon does not strike me as a mean person. I think he WANTS to do well, which so many people do not.

I have rachmanes for him, which I rarely do for athletes. He is such a talented young man and seems like a decent person too... this ****ing sucks. I wish we could have found a place for him.

I wish him the best.
Who knows what’s up with Josh. If it is substance abuse, sounds like you understand that compassion and tough love is what’s needed. But even that only works if you want to get well more than anything else.

I believe Josh got that here and probably in Cleveland as well.

I just hope he’s not struggling with addiction again

Last edited:
Thing is Sanu can't replace what Gordon could do. Harry? We have no clue what he can do going up against NFL CBs. We have to hope McDaniels will game plan Sanu to succeed with Brady. Thank god for the GOAT.

Clearly too many mistakes being made on the WR position.
Harry goes up against the best squad of CBs in the NFL every day in practice.

I posted that as a joke. That’s why the tongue out emoji.

What’s even funnier is that 2 members disagreed!!:cool:
I got the joke. I just disagreed about you not being a ****.

OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!

Regards,
Chris

I was serious.

The Pats are fortifying the WRs but leaving the TEs status quo.

Gronk will be back to join the 19 - 0 party boat. It makes the most logical sense since he already knows the offense.
I’m hoping you’re right!

I got the joke. I just disagreed about you not being a ****.

OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!

Regards,
Chris
“I’m not being a ****...” is a phrase Comedian Bill Burr uses a lot. I love his comedy

And I never said I’m not a ****. I said I wasn’t being one in that post!:)

Thanks. Is there any scenario where they wouldn’t agree to an injury settlement, and where it might make sense to absorb the remaining cap hit to avoid seeing him go to a competitor?

If he files an injury grievance, they'd probably be forced to settle regardless, and if he'll actually be healthy in a few weeks then he'll have a justified grievance. Gordon can (probably) force the Patriots to release him, but they can't release him without him wanting it.

“I’m not being a ****...” is a phrase Comedian Bill Burr uses a lot. I love his comedy

And I never said I’m not a ****. I said I wasn’t being one in that post!:)
Sorry, but that softball was too fat to take.

Regards,
Chris

I had this dream that the Pats had Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas on the team this year. Crazy.
Weird dream. And then what ... when you woke up, they cut or traded all of them? Get a grip.
;)

Now Gordon is saying his finger was hurt.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

His head and heart were't there, he lost more than a step and the Patriots have Harry waiting in the wings who they clearly think will be a stud.

5 receivers is more than enough.

His head and heart were't there, he lost more than a step and the Patriots have Harry waiting in the wings who they clearly think will be a stud.

Harry never had that step to lose!

Just frustrating with injuries and it’s a shame Gordon is now being released.

We spent money on these guys only for us to release them..
I’m not a fan of all these cutting/signing guys, eventually things will catch up and ruin the chemistry.

If Meyers keeps getting better along with the additions of Sanu and Harry we should be good.

No team in this era can have studs at every position. There are trade-offs in building a team. The Pats have been very successful not having a “stud” WR. And yet people continue to pine for one. Give me a stud CB any day - we often win when we have one of those.

Edelman can't be the every down reciever. Hell, he already looks exhausted as it is. Maybe age is catching up to him since he's constantly getting clobbered or double teamed.

BB could sign another WR before the clock strikes 4:00 pm.

Edelman can't be the every down reciever. Hell, he already looks exhausted as it is. Maybe age is catching up to him since he's constantly getting clobbered or double teamed.

We're fine. We will have 4 WR's active each game plus Gunner. Either Harry or Meyers will be inactive, or the most dinged up of the receivers. We will rarely run 4 WR sets. Even when we do, White is likely to be one of the wideouts, or Watson.

No one WR needs to be play every down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes