PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gordon to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve noticed this as well. He puts so much of his body into securing a catch, he’s not able to turn quickly to run for more yards.
I'd rather Dorsett make the catch (like he does) than get yac. If you drop the ball both receiving and yac are zero.

Bring AB back! And get another tight end for God's sake

Just get 10 players deep at every position!!! Why is this hard?! Belichick doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm sure this has been said many times already in this thread... but Pats will be fine. I'm mostly just concerned about Josh here.

I'm sure this has been said many times already in this thread... but Pats will be fine. I'm mostly just concerned about Josh here.

I love Josh. It was impossible for me not to root for him. This has been a tough season but he gutted through some injuries and did some good stuff for us. The big play stuff just wasn't there as much as it felt like it was last season like that amazing catch against Indy.

I think there's a strong potential that what we're going to get out of Sanu this season is better than what we would have gotten out of Gordon but I can't shake the feeling that we're stronger with Gordon on the roster as a 2nd/3rd option than him catching passes in Green Bay.

I wish I better understood what was going on. I'm on a default 'I trust BB' mode 24x7 and will be until he quits coaching. He's not perfect but he might be slightly better at running the team than me.

But this one hurts.

I wonder if Gordon will catch on after this year with someone else.

In any cause seeing as how he is no longer part of their future plans it shows how important it was for them to get a reliable #2 WR like Sanu. Hopefully Harry can contribute this year and be an impact guy by playoff time.
Thing is Sanu can't replace what Gordon could do. Harry? We have no clue what he can do going up against NFL CBs. We have to hope McDaniels will game plan Sanu to succeed with Brady. Thank god for the GOAT.

Clearly too many mistakes being made on the WR position.

Josh Gordon will sign with the 9ers. Book it. They wanted him when the Pats wanted him.

Thing is Sanu can't replace what Gordon could do.
Gordon hasn’t been great this season. Most of his “big” catches were from broken down plays. And against the Jets.

Even with Sanu's arrival and Harry incoming, I don't think releasing a WR was inevitable or even necessary. This is a strong message about something, whether that's how optimistic they are about Sanu and the rookies, or a less flattering statement about Gordon.

Why do you believe that there is a "strong message about something"?
The young man is hurt and is not available to contribute so his much
needed roster spot will be given to someone that can contribute.

Thing is Sanu can't replace what Gordon could do. Harry? We have no clue what he can do going up against NFL CBs. We have to hope McDaniels will game plan Sanu to succeed with Brady. Thank god for the GOAT.

Clearly too many mistakes being made on the WR position.

Gordon was given an opportunity and did not produce.

(If he is hurt, it is not his fault)

Sanu will suit up and play.

I had this dream that the Pats had Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon and Demaryius Thomas on the team this year. Crazy.

I love Josh. It was impossible for me not to root for him. This has been a tough season but he gutted through some injuries and did some good stuff for us. The big play stuff just wasn't there as much as it felt like it was last season like that amazing catch against Indy.

I think there's a strong potential that what we're going to get out of Sanu this season is better than what we would have gotten out of Gordon but I can't shake the feeling that we're stronger with Gordon on the roster as a 2nd/3rd option than him catching passes in Green Bay.

I wish I better understood what was going on. I'm on a default 'I trust BB' mode 24x7 and will be until he quits coaching. He's not perfect but he might be slightly better at running the team than me.

But this one hurts.
It really does hurt.

I’m sad and I’m sad that I’m sad. I try to rationalize my emotions about these things but I just can’t do it fully in this case.

I have a lot of experience dealing with troubled people, unfortunately. Some want to do well and some have an innate meanness and/or cruelty to them. Gordon does not strike me as a mean person. I think he WANTS to do well, which so many people do not.

I have rachmanes for him, which I rarely do for athletes. He is such a talented young man and seems like a decent person too... this ****ing sucks. I wish we could have found a place for him.

I wish him the best.

He was not beating his CBs. Unless he heals up, I think average CBs could do a good job covering him. The offense tried so hard to design plays for him, at times employing illegal pick plays to get him open. Gorden is not a threat this year and BB has seen it on film. I suspect BB and McD have concluded that he was part of the offensive woes the team was experiencing.
What are the rules of this type of IR? Can the Pats resign him if he clears waivers if he is released with an injury settlement? I am assuming he completely heals up. Or are there rules against that?

We have bingo.

I believe Brady also gave his blessing to let the axe fall on Gordon. Brady was instrumental in Brandon Cooks leaving. Forboro.

No, youre tuned in to whats going on.
I posted that as a joke. That’s why the tongue out emoji.

What’s even funnier is that 2 members disagreed!!:cool:

Stories so far say Pats are going to release Gordon once he is off IR. What would be the benefits of the release? Why release him and not just keep him on IR and wait for next year?

No, its time to cut the cord.

Why do you believe that there is a "strong message about something"?
The young man is hurt and is not available to contribute so his much
needed roster spot will be given to someone that can contribute.

Because by all accounts his injuries aren't that severe by NFL standards. Another week or two, tops.

Last edited:
I posted that as a joke. That’s why the tongue out emoji.

What’s even funnier is that 2 members disagreed!!:cool:

I was serious.

The Pats are fortifying the WRs but leaving the TEs status quo.

Gronk will be back to join the 19 - 0 party boat. It makes the most logical sense since he already knows the offense.

I was rooting for Josh, I think many of us were. I admit I’m not the most sympathetic person but in this case I wanted to see the kid turn it around.

I think in the end it came down to performance and a Belichick is always a year ahead of the rest of us.

I love Dorsett and Meyers and am optimistic about Harry so I don’t think this hurts us much. Just perplexing and a little disappointing.

#1 lesson as a Pats fan: be careful whose jersey you buy!

Is Maurice Harris still on the street?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back