PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell's letter response to the NFLPA...6/2/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if Brady and his lawyers come with new evidence proving his innocence and yet they not only uphold the four game suspension but add on a few more games to it. The more damage they do to Brady the more he can recoup.

I hope they are smart enough to not try and prove Brady's innocence to Goodell. There is no evidence of his guilt!

The last thing we need is to have Goodell vacate Brady's suspension.

Go to court!

My fault. I meant to say to further prove innocence which is absurd because there was no guilt to begin with but when idiots are biased and arrogant they would believe water don't make them wet.

If Goodell has no knowledge of any of the events, then how did he speak to Vincent about punishment for the Pats and Brady? What did they confer about?

It would be great if Brady and his lawyers come with new evidence *edit .. To further* proving his innocence and yet they not only uphold the four game suspension but add on a few more games to it. The more damage they do to Brady the more he can recoup.
They're not allowed to increase the suspension.

Very gracious of Goodell to allow Brady to prove he didn't do something. He should offer Goodell an opportunity to prove he doesn't cheat on his wife while they are at it.

I want Brady to do what Kraft didn't have the stomach for, tear that league office to pieces.

There's no way Brady wins his appeal. And after careful consultation with Kraft, he will not go to court and accept his punishment.

If Goodell has no knowledge of any of the events, then how did he speak to Vincent about punishment for the Pats and Brady? What did they confer about?

He's referring to the sting.

I knew I'd regret overusing that "ultimate facepalm" pic.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...roger-goodell-to-nflpa-regarding-brady-appeal

This is just amazing....the arrogance

"I do not have any first-hand knowledge of any of the events at issue. (That fact makes this matter very different from theRice appeal, in which there was a fundamental dispute over what Mr. Rice told me in a meeting at the league office.) Nor did I play a role in the investigation that led to Mr. Brady's discipline. Furthermore, there is no reasonable basis for dispute -- or for any testimony -- about authority for the discipline reflected in the letter signed by Mr. Vincent. The letter itself is clear on this point. And there is no basis for my testifying about prior instances in which discipline was considered or imposed for similar conduct; if that were the case, the NFLPA could seek my recusal in every conduct detrimental proceeding, directly contrary to our agreement that I have the "discretion" to hear "any" appeal."

Translation: "I do whatever the hell I please, say whatever I want and you can go pound sand"...signed, Your Ruler

Not for nothing Goodell has already stated that he sat in on some of the meetings Vincent and his group had when they were discussing if any infractions had occurred and what the punishment would be. I believe it was in a news report from MMQB but am not sure about that. So if he did not participate in the investigation or the discipline what the hell was he doing in the meetings.

Yep, Curran is spot on. I think Goody is losing it. Flipping out.

Maybe Kraft is not the only ****less wonder who freaks out at the slightest pressure.

Wells and Goodell have both shown that they have very thin skins. This is their weakness. Silver Spoon Rodger marmalard_greg.jpg

Read the letter during some downtime on my vacation a bit ago, what a load of bull. Agree with Curran, it's basically a really long, articulately worded pile of nothing. He may as well have simply said "you can't make me! Smell you later!"

At least Goodell is screwed but will go the distance ... what else can he do as he is the manchurian commish.

Unlike Kraft who was screwed and went into the fetal position .... he could have at least appealed.

Goodell has great way of getting under my skin, everytime something new is said in this mess.

I am not saying someone should do this, as it is illegal, but damn it would be nice if h@-ck/ed emails from Goodell and Kensil, and any one else at the NFL, got out.

and his line
"As I have said publicly, I very much look forward to hearing from Mr. Brady and to considering any new information or evidence that he may bring to my attention" means he is allowing a way out so that this doesnt go to court.

Goodell will look like a fool if he goes that route (To be fair, I'm firmly already in the "Goodell is a fool" camp.)

What new evidence or information could Brady provide that the 100+ day, $5 million dollar investigation did not? They spent 5 hours interviewing Brady. What question did they forget to ask?

If it's Brady's phone, I don't think he's going to hand that over to Goodell. And if he does, what's Goodell going to do, scroll through his texts and say "No texts to McNally. No mention of PSI or deflation. Suspension lifted!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back