woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just got on stage.
"Confident we will do what is expected of us."

yes, like give the patriots, kraft, bb and brady the apology they deserve

I think it's safe to say that Goodell has passed David Stern and Bud Silig on the "most incompetent commissioner of all time" list. This press conference will accomplish nothing outside of the ability to watch a man talk out of both sides of his mouth of however long the presser goes on for.

Earlier I broached the subject that deflategate wasn't really about the balls, but perhaps about driving a wedge between Goodell and one of his most stauch supporters, in Kraft.

I don't think it takes too much ingenuity to imagine someone or a group realizing an opportunity to create separation by leaking something to Kravitz, especially after a tough loss- knowing that Kravitz is a known Pats-hater. Add a few more talking heads being cued, and before you know it, there's a feeding frenzy.

It's beyond question that this thing was staged, especially when it was revealed that the balls were never measured with a device, only given the good old squeeze prior to the game; so the "1-2 PSI under legal pressure" information is completely false.

Nobody cares at this point.

And at the same time, this same group or person would advise Goodell to keep a low profile and say nothing, exactly the opposite of what he should be doing. This serves a twofold purpose- one in that Kraft would perceive it as a complete lack of support, and question of his character, and two, it would add more fuel to the fire that Goodell's leadership is lacking.

Without knowing the specifics of Goodell's contract, I still would imagine that he can only be removed by majority vote from the executive committee which is composed of a representative from each team.

We now know which side Kraft is on now.

As much as I hate Goodell and his hate for BB, I am not sure I want him to go. I like that he keeps a seemingly tight reign on things. See I dont think the Pats need any competitve advantage to win, whereas I dont trust the other teams not to cheat. Tampering, tripping, cap etc.
Nah get rid of him.
ps Isnt there someone qualified for the job at 5mil? Than they could pay the refs and have Official ball boys.

It's beyond question that this thing was staged, especially when it was revealed that the balls were never measured with a device
??? No such thing has been revealed.

As a long time sports fan, I'm sure I've never had a feeling like this; that being in the title game after a glorious season and decade long run was almost secondary to some sort of mysterious political agenda the ownership and management will be forced to navigate, regardless of the out come of the game.

Seems like what it must be like to live in one of those corrupt countries where winning the support of the people is not enough and you still need to watch for ballot stuffing, election trickery or being assassinated.

When has professional sports ever been like this?

I'm confident this team can win it on the field because they are mentally tough and battle hardened to ignore the noise.

I guess the next "game" is removing the tin pot dictator and reforming the ownership of the league so that we can get back to one where the players and coaches only need to prepare to actually play the game, under somewhat clear and consistent rules.

I guess baseball went through this around the beginning of the last century, though those situations were bottom up scandals rather than top down incompetence and political corruption.

I cannot help myself, everyone...I apologize BUT...I TOLD you all this mutt had 10 million fleas. Everything I ever printed about this little rich kid punk is true. Today the true disconnect with the normal, everyday Joe fan, whether he be a lawyer, doctor, teacher, cop or ditch digger was brilliantly on display . This clown is EXACTLY who I said he was/is all along, a rich, entitled son of an aristocratic American. The dumb jock offspring bereft of the rest of his family's genetic blessings...

"His story is well-known. A jock who attended Washington & Jefferson College, he joined the NFL in 1982 as an administrative intern and worked his way to the top.
But few are aware that he comes from a family that includes a maverick U.S. senator, the chief operating officer of a major hedge fund firm and the general counsel of a Fortune 100 company."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101366081#.

A dumb jock that couldn't play college sports because he ripped himself up in high school, so daddy ships him off Who The What College in Podunkerville PA. His brother Bill,received a B.A. in Political Economics (Cum Laude) from Williams College and a J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) from Washington & Lee University’s School of Law, where he was also a member of Order of the Coif and Omicron Delta Kappa honor societies and served as Special Projects Editor of the Washington & Lee Law Review. Tim Goodell is allso a lawyer of some repute for the Hess Corporation with outstanding educational credentials. Then there is the 2nd youngest brother Mike, a Pilates instructor who lives with his boyfriend Jack Kenney, a Hollywood writer and producer. Even the youngest of the Goodell's is smart, a teacher, who now lives quietly with his family in Maine.

Here WE are, though, with the big dummy middle son of an otherwise Patrician family, playing out on the national stage a story of over the top incompetance coupled with the grossest example of hubris any of us have ever seen in the sports world since WE were born. This "Tommy Boy" clone really does not have any CLUE who WE are, what WE stand for, what OUR values are and what WE demand as a matter of course in our daily lives from others we deal with. He has NO UNDERSTANDING of us, the millions and millions of us, He truly believes the world is exactly that world he was brought up in, the world of "say anything, Daddy's rich and powerful, you are above the truth little Roger.."

He lied blatantly today. He lied obliviously today. He lied and didn't even realize he was doing it and certainly didn't realize the WHOLE WORLD saw it. This dumb little kid in a grown man's meat suit MUST be removed if this league hopes to maintain any credibility going forward. THAT is obvious to EVERYONE...everyone that is except Blunderboydell.

Last edited:
The ESPN NFL page lead story is headlined "Roger Goodell held to lower standard" as Ian O'Connor says he should be cut.

Meanwhile, the CNN front page story is headlined "CNN anchor calls out Goodell at press conference" over conflict of interest issues.

And Greg Bedard's story on MMQB is headlined "Refuse to Defuse" and starts out "With one last chance to show some transparency in the Deflategate investigation and return a sense of normalcy to Super Bowl XLIX, Roger Goodell once again chose the cloak-and-dagger route that has defined his tenure..."

Sharks. Scent of blood in the water. Not a good performance for Roger.

Couldn't watch the press conference, even fast forwarding. He makes me sick, so I appreciate descriptions of what he said regarding our team.

Imagine you lived in a country where you were arrested while doing your job. You asked what the charges were and the reply was, we aren't sure if anything happened, and if it did, we have no evidence you did anything, but somebody at another company said something happened, so we're going to put you in jail while we investigate and are going to decide what your sentence will be now, in case we find that anything happened and decide to pin it on you.

Unbelievable. As much as he makes me sick, there's going to be a lot more that needs to be done after he's fired to clean up the stink of losing teams thinking they can legislate retroactively to compensate their short comings on the field.

Some of the owners will need to crackdown on the weasel owners, then find some sort of super management hatchet man to infuse discipline back in the league.

The stench of Goodell's weak and corrupt regime will out last him, but the sooner he's ejected the better.

"We don't know enough in this case to know who is responsible or if there was an infraction," he added.

Whether the Patriots gained a competitive advantage is "secondary," Goodell said, to whether a rule was broken.

That's a combination of double secret probation and Kim Jong-il pressing charges against his uncle.

We don't know if there was even an infraction, we don't care if there was any competitive advantage, the game in question was a total blowout and the team being persecuted and maybe prosecuted, is being put at a competitive disadvantage because its preparation is being disturbed.

I think it's safe to say that Goodell has passed David Stern and Bud Silig on the "most incompetent commissioner of all time" list. This press conference will accomplish nothing outside of the ability to watch a man talk out of both sides of his mouth of however long the presser goes on for.

Yeah, but no Commissioner could go deep quite like Bud Selig.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Listened to part of this and am amazed at the lack of depth of questioning, reframing the same question over and over with no creativity...

Why didn't someone ask:

Why should we trust the NFL as they have been releasing snippets of information to select mediots in the middle of the night??? Can't you control your own message??

Mr. Kraft did what he wanted to do, not what he was supposed to do.. the next owners meetings may be contentious..

Also couldnt stand to listen to him, ....did anyone ask him about the LEAKS?

Earlier I broached the subject that deflategate wasn't really about the balls, but perhaps about driving a wedge between Goodell and one of his most stauch supporters, in Kraft.

I don't think it takes too much ingenuity to imagine someone or a group realizing an opportunity to create separation by leaking something to Kravitz, especially after a tough loss- knowing that Kravitz is a known Pats-hater. Add a few more talking heads being cued, and before you know it, there's a feeding frenzy.

It's beyond question that this thing was staged, especially when it was revealed that the balls were never measured with a device, only given the good old squeeze prior to the game; so the "1-2 PSI under legal pressure" information is completely false.

Nobody cares at this point.

And at the same time, this same group or person would advise Goodell to keep a low profile and say nothing, exactly the opposite of what he should be doing. This serves a twofold purpose- one in that Kraft would perceive it as a complete lack of support, and question of his character, and two, it would add more fuel to the fire that Goodell's leadership is lacking.

Without knowing the specifics of Goodell's contract, I still would imagine that he can only be removed by majority vote from the executive committee which is composed of a representative from each team.

We now know which side Kraft is on now.
Respect your opinion PP2 but this seems a little to tin-foil hat for me. I think you're giving Roger way too much credit for being that calculated and intelligent.

I think he truly is a bumbling buffoonish idiot and a nice suit, a bunch of scripted non-answers and a $44 million dollar paycheck hasn't swayed my opinion.

The guy is genuinely stupid and unqualified for his position. The league will do just fine without him. How do you think Rams fans think about him right about now? They might be the only fan base that hates him more than us right now.

I cannot help myself, everyone...I apologize BUT...I TOLD you all this mutt had 10 million fleas. Everything I ever printed about this little rich kid punk is true. Today the true disconnect with the normal, everyday Joe fan, whether he be a lawyer, doctor, teacher, cop or ditch digger was brilliantly on display . This clown is EXACTLY who I said he was/is all along, a rich, entitled son of an aristocratic American. The dumb jock offspring bereft of the rest of his family's genetic blessings...

"His story is well-known. A jock who attended Washington & Jefferson College, he joined the NFL in 1982 as an administrative intern and worked his way to the top.
But few are aware that he comes from a family that includes a maverick U.S. senator, the chief operating officer of a major hedge fund firm and the general counsel of a Fortune 100 company."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101366081#.

A dumb jock that couldn't play college sports because he ripped himself up in high school, so daddy ships him off Who The What College in Podunkerville PA. His brother Bill,received a B.A. in Political Economics (Cum Laude) from Williams College and a J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) from Washington & Lee University’s School of Law, where he was also a member of Order of the Coif and Omicron Delta Kappa honor societies and served as Special Projects Editor of the Washington & Lee Law Review. Tim Goodell is allso a lawyer of some repute for the Hess Corporation with outstanding educational credentials. Then there is the 2nd youngest brother Mike, a Pilates instructor who lives with his boyfriend Jack Kenney, a Hollywood writer and producer. Even the youngest of the Goodell's is smart, a teacher, who now lives quietly with his family in Maine.

Here WE are, though, with the big dummy middle son of an otherwise Patrician family, playing out on the national stage a story of over the top incompetance coupled with the grossest example of hubris any of us have ever seen in the sports world since WE were born. This "Tommy Boy" clone really does not have any CLUE who WE are, what WE stand for, what OUR values are and what WE demand as a matter of course in our daily lives from others we deal with. He has NO UNDERSTANDING of us, the millions and millions of us, He truly believes the world is exactly that world he was brought up in, the world of "say anything, Daddy's rich and powerful, you are above the truth little Roger.."

He lied blatantly today. He lied obliviously today. He lied and didn't even realize he was doing it and certainly didn't realize the WHOLE WORLD saw it. This dumb little kid in a grown man's meat suit MUST be removed if this league hopes to maintain any credibility going forward. THAT is obvious to EVERYONE...everyone that is except Blunderboydell.
That's gospel Joker. We got the kid from Silver Spoons running the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots