PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell on Mike & Mike Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, another bunch of half-facts about Spygate on ESPN. Good grief.

Is anyone else watching this crap? The NFL is continuing to use ESPN to smear the Pats. The OSTL piece is a rehash of Spygate, with absolutely no new news. Just rehashing an old story to make the Pats look bad. I'm seriously considering moving to a cable plan that doesn't have ESPN.

Nauseating to listen to. So Deflategate was really nothing so we have to go back to Spygate to smear the Patriots anyway.

Talking about stealing playsheets in opponents locker room ...

Pre Spygate .... geez ... what's next Babe Parilli juiced the ball???

Shorthand: Deflategate was a "makeup call."

I don't know how that could be. That's like if I did a year in prison for shoplifting and then seven years after I got out got thrown in prison for five years for speeding (when the cop was lying about how fast I was going) because it's a makeup call because I wasn't punished enough for stealing.

Quick notes, may clean up

Calling it an investigative piece
Make-up call of CameraPlacementGateas they are saying that Goodell felt he went too light.

Goodell ordered tapes to be destroyed
Following of February saying it was a handful of games
BB saying they had been doing it for some time
All 3 SBs were under this timeframe

Goodell destroying tapes, made some owners up. Bringing up Alren Specter saying ti went all the way up to Washington and calling for a congressional investigation that never happened

Owners upset and Goodell made promise if they were caught again it would be dealt with more harshly (played some video of Jerry Jones)

Really seems liek a fluff piece that is squarely trying to get people all riles up and get them to chant the Patriots as cheater.

significant things the investigators found
  • Why is Brady being smeared because of a little air (interviewed 90 people) and it all goes back to CameraPlacementGateas and not saying how many games and the impact on games an the league not going deeper (investigation done in days)
  • punishment handed out too quickly
  • Public outrage made league go back after punishment
  • Physically stomped on tapes and Patriot lawyer left to pick up pieces
One owner felt it was a make-up call, but how many owners feel that way (response, it's alot).
  • League not being transparent (my words) offended lots of teams (I call BS on this as teams knew they were being taped).
  • Greeny tried to say if it was Kraft's friendly relationship with Goodell that caused it to go that way, but reporter basically said it was the speed with how it came out.
  • Goodell over eager with defamegate because of the repeat occurrence.
  • Lots of NFL people think Patriots are cheaters, but nothing substantial.
  • CC shocked that they didn't go after BB. Response about Wells saying BB wasn't a part of it

why cris carter is still employed? what a joke

I'll sum it up as Fluff piece with no new information and making no attempt to try to answer peviously unanswered questions. Just trying to keep the innuendo running. As i predicted a smear piece.

Golic asking decent question. Saying Rams walk through not taped. response, nobody will remember defamegate in 20 years.

Where's the investigation into the anti-Patriot bias in the NFL offices????

unreal...
no new info. obviously smearing us even more.

At some point today I am going to cave in and read this Wickersham piece..

Another NFL instructed ESPN hit job on the Patriots? If ANYONE at the organisation ever talks to that network again they're idiots.

We should all tweet Bill Simmons and get him to do an HBO special on what cameraplacementgate really was.

Wait, I just thought of something. Goodell's going to have to defend his Spygate investigation, and say that he knew the extent of the taping and punished them accordingly, otherwise he looks bad once more.

This puts him on the defensive again.

The minions are in panic mode to clean up the mess that is Goodell.

wickersham piece was not an oh ... BTW ... it was part of the operation.

I'm guessing ESPN failed to mention the Patriots were guilty of the camera placement, not the actual filming?

Also that during the time frame they mentioned, it was 100% legal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back