PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell institutes "Fan Code of Conduct"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Goodell finally does something right.

I guess it had to happen sooner or later.

This man has lost his damn mind. Um Hello, Mr. Commissioner we "FANS" pay to come see your product. Now you want to Govern how "WE" act. This is absurd, IMO. If I want to boo and tell a guy he SUCKS, when he does SUCK, as a paying Customer, I should be allowed to do it in peace. This is Ridiculous. :mad:

I don't think anyone will stop you from commenting on someone's suckitude. But buying a ticket doesn't give us license to do whatever we please. You can't buy a ticket to see a movie and start pissing on the seats or punch people. Well, maybe some kind of movies you can, but not most.

But I think, as other have mentioned, that Gillette already has enough rules in place and that they're enforced well.

no mention by Jet-Rat-dell of the constant swearing on the field by players....or players on the sidelines raising their arms and inciting the crowd...or taking off their helmets to spit and blow their noses in front of all those poor mothers and their precious little Johnnies and Janes....or the grabbing of their crotches in full view of entire families...he didn't DO enough!!!

When he does, then maybe the United States Attorney General will investigate HIM for the unbelievably reprehensible, disgusting and CRIMINAL acts he perpetrated against a flagship franchise he supposedly was sworn in as commissioner to protect from slander and libel, like the other 31 franchises in the league.

I don't think anyone will stop you from commenting on someone's suckitude. But buying a ticket doesn't give us license to do whatever we please. You can't buy a ticket to see a movie and start pissing on the seats or punch people. Well, maybe some kind of movies you can, but not most.

But I think, as other have mentioned, that Gillette already has enough rules in place and that they're enforced well.

I agree. The only time I saw it get out of hand at Gillette(in an amusing way) was the Dolphins "throw the snow in the air game". There was nobody there to enforce the rules and the crowd knew it. Guys were smoking cigarettes right in their seats. I saw guys who snuck in whole six packs under their coats. People above us in the club seats( I know it's hard to beleive) were dropping boulders of snow down on the few Dolphins fans that did show up. A very fun day indeed.:)

I agree. The only time I saw it get out of hand at Gillette(in an amusing way) was the Dolphins "throw the snow in the air game". There was nobody there to enforce the rules and the crowd knew it. Guys were smoking cigarettes right in their seats. I saw guys who snuck in whole six packs under their coats. People above us in the club seats( I know it's hard to beleive) were dropping boulders of snow down on the few Dolphins fans that did show up. A very fun day indeed.:)

That entire game was a lawsuit-waiting-to-happen. I remember repelling down to my seats because the "stairs" were covered with a flat layer of slick now. It was refreshingly chaotic.

Re: Doofus Goodell institutes "Fan Code of Conduct"

Don't forget the borderline criminal price they charge for parking.

Borderline? They're already there.

They crossed that border years ago.

Re: Doofus Goodell institutes "Fan Code of Conduct"

I have mixed feelings here. Goody's move is for the right reasons but like everything else he touches it's not a well thought out approach. Put me down as a long time fan who appreciates the Gillette fan environment of today vs the Schaffer Stadium drunken wildness of the 70s. Fun experiences but then again it wasn't easy taking The Daughter to games.

This guy is such an empty suit for the position he now holds. Note to owners, next time select a commish who has had demonstrable executive experience and not just a pretty face who can sling the BS in interviews.

OK, I'm no fan of Roger's, and I think he is seriously in need of a Commissioner's Code of Conduct.

That said, what is the problem here? These are all sensible rules! Anyone who can't abide by these guidleines I think needs to take a long long look at themself. If this happened on a regular basis, then such guidelines wouldn't be necessary.

Particularly the idiot who says the stadium isn't any place to bring your children. I'm sorry, but YOU should not be brought to the stadium if that's your attitude.

OK, I'm no fan of Roger's, and I think he is seriously in need of a Commissioner's Code of Conduct.

That said, what is the problem here? These are all sensible rules! Anyone who can't abide by these guidleines I think needs to take a long long look at themself. If this happened on a regular basis, then such guidelines wouldn't be necessary.

Particularly the idiot who says the stadium isn't any place to bring your children. I'm sorry, but YOU should not be brought to the stadium if that's your attitude.

There are some events that are more adult than others. Taking the kids to the ballet is one thing, taking them to watch extraordinarily large men beating the hell out of each other is another.

There are some events that are more adult than others. Taking the kids to the ballet is one thing, taking them to watch extraordinarily large men beating the hell out of each other is another.

You've got to be s******* me. If you want to know who the "Code of Conduct" is aimed at, it's dudes who think like you do.

When I'm at a game, I'm as loud as anyone else in that stadium, and I can do it while still being respectful to the people around me, including families who have every right to be there. Trying to rationalize obnoxious behavior doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

You've got to be s******* me. If you want to know who the "Code of Conduct" is aimed at, it's dudes who think like you do.

When I'm at a game, I'm as loud as anyone else in that stadium, and I can do it while still being respectful to the people around me, including families who have every right to be there. Trying to rationalize obnoxious behavior doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

I said nothing about rights, and thank you for proving my point. With the "You've got to be ****ting me" comment, you became one of those whom such codes of conduct are aimed at. You belong at the ballet, or at some competition free children events until you can act like an adult.

I said nothing about rights, and thank you for proving my point. With the "You've got to be ****ting me" comment, you became one of those whom such codes of conduct are aimed at. You belong at the ballet, or at some competition free children events until you can act like an adult.

This is one of the worst attempts at a logical argument that I've seen in a while. You stated that kids shouldn't go to football games. That's just stupidity. Again, the people on here trying to rationalize acting like a jerk because they paid for a ticket are exactly the people who'll get hemmed up under the policy. I'm exactly the kind of person who'll never have a problem, because I act like an adult at sporting events.

Last edited:
d%#*!@t, I had planned to get stinkin drunk and tell the Commish to go "F" himself, throw snowballs at him, have my 92 year old grandmother flash him, while her husband peed on him as 35 of their peers gave him the finger while they all peed themselves.

I'm never going to read the word "peer" the same way again.

This is one of the worst attempts at a logical argument that I've seen in a while. You stated that kids shouldn't go to football games. That's just stupidity. Again, the people on here trying to rationalize acting like a jerk because they paid for a ticket are exactly the people who'll get hemmed up under the policy. I'm exactly the kind of person who'll never have a problem, because I act like an adult at sporting events.

No, stupidity would be you claiming I said kids shouldn't go to football games when the quote is right here on the message board and I didn't say that.

That's stupidity.

(Here's a hint: "more adult" doesn't necessarily mean NC-17. Think of it like the movies. There's G, PG, PG-13, and R before you get that far.)

This adds to the lack of noise that we see a lot at newer stadiums. Yes the club seats are a part of it. But so are the "families of four". No offense intended to those who take their kids but 8 year old Joey and 6 year old Jessica don't make the same noise as your pals Bill, Dave and Mike from work.

Actually it has more to do with the acoustics of the newer stadiums, and not the fans at all. That big open back at Foxboro, for example, doesn't help with crowd noise. On the other hand, the dilapidated metal battleship that is Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo is super-loud because it's entirely enclosed.

No, stupidity would be you claiming I said kids shouldn't go to football games when the quote is right here on the message board and I didn't say that.

That's stupidity.

(Here's a hint: "more adult" doesn't necessarily mean NC-17. Think of it like the movies. There's G, PG, PG-13, and R before you get that far.)

That was your response to someone else who took issue with another poster saying that kids shouldn't go to the games. It doesn't take Norman Einstein to make the rather obvious connection.

That was your response to someone else who took issue with another poster saying that kids shouldn't go to the games. It doesn't take Norman Einstein to make the rather obvious connection.

Apparently it does because you completely missed it. You shouldn't take 4 year olds to boxing matches, rated R films and the like. Use the same so-called common sense for other sporting events.

Apparently it does because you completely missed it. You shouldn't take 4 year olds to boxing matches, rated R films and the like. Use the same so-called common sense for other sporting events.

We're not talking about boxing matches, R-films, or the like. We're talking about pro football. In the interest of clarity (because you refuse to come out and actually say anything) do you think that kids should go to football games, or do you think that it's solely the domain of adults?

We're not talking about boxing matches, R-films, or the like. We're talking about pro football. In the interest of clarity (because you refuse to come out and actually say anything) do you think that kids should go to football games, or do you think that it's solely the domain of adults?

I think that like most events in public, you should only bring people who are mature enough to handle themselves and the actions of others. Young children and 'sensitive' people don't belong at an NFL game, NHL games, NBA games, or the like, although such decisions are (and should be) up the the parents of the children and the 'sensitive' adults themselves. They are not appropriate venues for such people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference