PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good Pre-Order Deal for New Super Bowl 51 Champs Blu Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi try a Roku they stream HD pretty effortlessly and aren't to expensive.

Thanks! We have three Rokus and love them. I think it's our Internet connection which hinders the streaming, that, and usually four members of the family are streaming something differently at the same time.

Cool story. My TV is among the highest rated by professional reviewers who "truly know about display panels."

But by all means, enjoy your 3rd world TV.

No doubt it was made in a third world factory :) . I'm glad that you enjoy your television and 4K. No question there is no downside to 4K against 1080p. I am just bitter that plasma went away because of marketing hype. The truth is, our eyes adjust to our television sets when they are in our home anyway, and almost all sets today look awesome with HD technology...it's not like you are watching at home, like at a store, with your television compared against 20 others.

Sorry to turn this into a negative argument and wasn't trying to offend. Whether we watch it on VHS, DVD, 1080p, or 4K, I think we will all be able to somehow make out the shapes and colors that display the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history :)

Thanks! We have three Rokus and love them. I think it's our Internet connection which hinders the streaming, that, and usually four members of the family are streaming something differently at the same time.

I LOVE my Rokus...just bought two about a month ago after streaming through my old 2011 Blu Ray player and constantly being frustrated that it didn't include subtitles and took forever to load. Roku is absolutely awesome in every way, and I'm mad it took me so long to make a relatively small investment to access every streaming channel available.

I find with ALL of my devices, if possible, use a hard-wire internet connection. I got the Roku 2, simply for that reason (and the IR remote option for a universal remote), as some of them are now Wi-Fi only. I realize it isn't always possible to have a hard-wire connection; in my house, we home-runned an ethernet cord all over the house to a central location and have all of our A/V devices hard wired through a switch. You could buy an Ethernet over Power switch which runs your internet hard-wired over your power lines. It isn't perfect but you may get some improvement...that or upping your bandwidth or getting a new A/C router or a new wi-fi extender.

At a friend of mine's house when they first got a VHS player back in 1980.

His mom: "I want to tape that show"

His Dad: "We can't the VHS tape is full with your other shows."

His Mom: "You Idiot.....Flip the F'ing tape over and use the other side".

Hahahahaha. It took his Dad about an hour to explain it to her. haha

Your crazy no offense if you think that can't tell the difference between watching a 1080p video and a 4K, huge difference makes you not want to watch 1080p anymore sd/hd difference pretty much imo

I wouldn't call it a huge difference but I certainly see the difference (yes, I'm a quality nut).

What's on the blu ray? just the game? or is there anything exclusive that's good on it?

Actually, not even the game......it's a highlight reel that shows the key plays from ALL of the games but includes some sideline soundbites.

As for the extras, I can't wait to see what's on there. Hopefully some good stuff.

I LOVE my Rokus...just bought two about a month ago after streaming through my old 2011 Blu Ray player and constantly being frustrated that it didn't include subtitles and took forever to load. Roku is absolutely awesome in every way, and I'm mad it took me so long to make a relatively small investment to access every streaming channel available.

I find with ALL of my devices, if possible, use a hard-wire internet connection. I got the Roku 2, simply for that reason (and the IR remote option for a universal remote), as some of them are now Wi-Fi only. I realize it isn't always possible to have a hard-wire connection; in my house, we home-runned an ethernet cord all over the house to a central location and have all of our A/V devices hard wired through a switch. You could buy an Ethernet over Power switch which runs your internet hard-wired over your power lines. It isn't perfect but you may get some improvement...that or upping your bandwidth or getting a new A/C router or a new wi-fi extender.

An alternative to Roku is an Android TV Box. It does just about everything a Roku does and then much more. It's basically the Android OS for the TV. Anything you can install on your Android phone, you can install on the Box. The Android TV Box can also play MP4,MP3,MKV, AVI, etc. files which gives it a big advantage over the Roku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes