PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

good news on Wise: out only a week w concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall him having much of a history with concussions but if you are not careful they tend to lead to other concussions which lead to bigger problems.

We don't want him turning into a Brandon Stokely or Wes Welker where we gets to the point a hard wind will give him a concussion.

I don't recall him having much of a history with concussions but if you are not careful they tend to lead to other concussions which lead to bigger problems.

We don't want him turning into a Brandon Stokely or Wes Welker where we gets to the point a hard wind will give him a concussion.
Or a Mike Wright type situation.

Man I hope we take the safe approach here. Reps are important but not more than his health.
agreed. I'd prefer to see him sit the remaining three pre-season games and get the IR red-shirt for the year rather than rushing him back. Unfortunately he is at a position of need so there will be pressure to get him back quickly, but that increases the risk of future problems.

The story about Alfonso Jackson in that Bleacher Report story on Gronk (It's Time for the NFL to Remember What It Means to Get Gronked) was really an eye-opener about how a single serious concussion can have very long lasting effects. "This single hit on Sept. 29, 2007, doomed Jackson's career."

A single concussion is a serious matter. Hope to see Wise get all the time he needs to recover completely.

agreed. I'd prefer to see him sit the remaining three pre-season games and get the IR red-shirt for the year rather than rushing him back. Unfortunately he is at a position of need so there will be pressure to get him back quickly, but that increases the risk of future problems.

The story about Alfonso Jackson in that Bleacher Report story on Gronk (It's Time for the NFL to Remember What It Means to Get Gronked) was really an eye-opener about how a single serious concussion can have very long lasting effects. "This single hit on Sept. 29, 2007, doomed Jackson's career."

A single concussion is a serious matter. Hope to see Wise get all the time he needs to recover completely.

Absolutely. It's extremely serious and life changing.
Really hope we get some good news soon regarding Wise.

I would feel better about this news if I felt more confident about our current level of knowledge regarding concussions. I'm not at all convinced at this point that team doctors can accurately determine a time table for when he'll recover, nor even be able to recognize WHEN he is fully recovered. What may look normal may still have some symptoms lurking beneath the surface, I just don't think we know enough yet to ever feel comfortable when a player is concussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes