PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Good news for Jewish New York Jets fans re: Yom Kippur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Population of US: 303,000,000
Football Fans: 180,000,000
Jews in US: 6,000,000
Jewish Football Fans: 1,800,000

Why make adjustment to schedule for what amounts to 1% of the fan base???

Guess you & he are on good terms then. Being a resident Jew, it looked pretty effed up but hey, maybe it's just an inside thing between the 2 of you.

I really dont see how the statement could be construed as anything other than truly effed up.

Can't say I blame the Jets for wanting the move, their fanbase must have had such a large percentage of jewish fans to ask for and justify the move.

Can't say I blame the league for giving into the move, they were in a lose-lose situation from a PR point of view.

Both come out on top in the agreement, rare but a good outcome for a potential time bomb.

Jewish or not screw those jest fans and their new bust qb dirty sanchez!

Actually, it doesn't satisfy any kind of common sense test. Is your claim that attendance to these games would be cut in half? Or that the season ticket holders that happen to be jewish can't sell their tix? I don't get it.

Actually, it does satisfy common sense tests. The fact that you don't grasp it is not a reflection upon the data, history and ease of developing a solution.

Last edited:
Please explain.

It's a move that's been historically done. It's for the city with more Jews residing there than almost anywhere in the world, including all but the largest city in Israel. It's a matter of shifting a game from the late game to the early game, nothing more. The league already did the same thing (by request) for the Giants.

Now, have a good day.

Last edited:
This still has nothing to do with the Patriots, any Boston sports team, or even Boston itself.

Have a nice day, this thread belongs in the practice squad or visiting teams forum. Maybe we can make a special Jewish forum for things like this, so they don't stay on the main forum all day.

Seems the only real losers are the TV networks, showing Gints and Jets at the same time splits the NYC viewership.

This still has nothing to do with the Patriots, any Boston sports team, or even Boston itself.

Have a nice day, this thread belongs in the practice squad or visiting teams forum. Maybe we can make a special Jewish forum for things like this, so they don't stay on the main forum all day.

Maybe you could stop reading the thread.....

It's a move that's been historically done. It's for the city with more Jews residing there than almost anywhere in the world, including all but the largest city in Israel. It's a matter of shifting a game from the late game to the early game, nothing more. The league already did the same thing (by request) for the Giants.

Now, have a good day.

Listen, I can understand moving games to make money. Or playing a game overseas for money (however much this sucks for season ticket holders). But mixing religion with the decision making process seems absurd. Especially considering that the VAST MAJORITY of the participants (Players) are NOT jewish.

I really did not want on click on this thread for fear that I'd find what I actually found.

So, I'm going to close it and send it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back