PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Going to the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its crazy man! I was watching ticket prices for the last days and was optimistic to get one for around 2500 friday evening. It was almost there when I boarded my flight from frankfurt to atlanta today. After I arrived and was through this ridiculous pass control line at the airport, prices went way up again :( I probably lost about 3-400$ while being on the flight.

But hey - I got mine today. Upper sideline for about 3500$. Im going to the super bowl!!! Cant believe it...
I bought at stubhub. You can select, that the prices are shown including fees, so imo its quite transparent. And I made good experiences with stubhub at the playoffs.
What I dont like is I have to pick up my ticket on sunday. Initially I wanted to get it saturday.
Where do I get a lanyard and a clear case for the ticket? Dont want to fold it.

Don't forget StubHub has a free tailgate event. May also have free autograph/photo sessions with a few football players

First, that must have been an amazing experience during the comeback etc..

Second, I would personally like to thank you for booing the shyt out of Roger Gotohell.

I still talk about booing him whenever it comes up. It’s the loudest and most consistent boo I’ve ever heard followed immediately by a huge cheer when he handed the trophy over to Kraft. It was such a crazy experience because until they tied it at 28 I thought it was a loss then like 20 minutes later we have the trophy.

Ticket prices are up this morning for anyone still waiting to buy.

What's the best way to park for the SB, if coming from the North?

Just come into the city and pray? Or park in a town a few miles out of the city and take an uber/shuttle?

I bought a super bowl ticket 15 minutes before kick off. $100 over face and face was $900.

Online tickets land on the street rather than the vendor stuck with them. Probably around the stadium is a good spot to network.

I'm waiting it out too.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info buddy. I’ll try this.

OK guys I'm getting sort of nervous. The online tickets have spiked there is no way I can do that now I should have bought on Thursday. :( If I just go and buy tickets tomorrow, should I bring cash (I'm pretty scared to walk around with that much cash in Atlanta), or will there be places there that will have cheaper tickets tomorrow that will take my credit card? Please advise, my Patriot gurus.

I've just rented a car, as my car is literally worth less than the ticket and probably wont' make it both ways.

OK guys I'm getting sort of nervous. The online tickets have spiked there is no way I can do that now I should have bought on Thursday. :( If I just go and buy tickets tomorrow, should I bring cash (I'm pretty scared to walk around with that much cash in Atlanta), or will there be places there that will have cheaper tickets tomorrow that will take my credit card? Please advise, my Patriot gurus.

I've just rented a car, as my car is literally worth less than the ticket and probably wont' make it both ways.
You should to still be able to pay online and pick up the ticket near the stadium.

The price will come down.

You should to still be able to pay online and pick up the ticket near the stadium.

Hi-

Thanks to your guidance, I am about to follow your exact strategy.

Will be with my girlfriend and my best buddy (from Ireland, long time Pats fan since our days in Boston who decided yesterday to join us). And thanks to this great site, will certainly meet a fan from Europe (so will be looking out for 4 tix) and most likely mgcolby from VA and his brother. Cool!!

Since I will be @ the stadium later tonight and tom, would like to thank you in person for the helpful tips so far and if time permits, get you a drink. :)

Let me know if you are up for it.

thanks!

Just booked a hotel.

For those, like me, waiting until the last minute to get a ticket, you might want to call your credit card company and let them there will be unusual activity on your card, so they can make a travel allowance on your account and they don't block it. I just called mine and they told me there was a 3k limit on my card for single purchases, and they lifted it, and put a note that I will be traveling. IOW, I'm glad I called my CC company to tell them I'll be doing some weird stuff the next couple of days.

Last edited:

So basically I should be able to go to the same typical online outlets (stubhub, ticketsmash, ticketshankflusterblastscraperdoglicker) tomorrow and buy there and pick up somewhere near the stadium?

I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll just watch at an Atlanta bar. :)

So basically I should be able to go to the same typical online outlets (stubhub, ticketsmash, ticketshankflusterblastscraperdoglicker) tomorrow and buy there and pick up somewhere near the stadium?

I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll just watch at an Atlanta bar. :)

Correct! That's my strategy too, although I hope to meet Triumph and see if his luck rubs off on us. :)

Off to the airport to catch the 2.30 flight.

Hope all us going there have a fantastic time and get to celerbate on Sunday night.

GO PATS!!

Correct! That's my strategy too, although I hope to meet Triumph and see if his luck rubs off on us. :)

Off to the airport to catch the 2.30 flight.

Hope all us going there have a fantastic time and get to celerbate on Sunday night.

GO PATS!!

GO PATS! I'm staying a few miles away near Athens GA tonight, as I drive in from Durham, NC. Using USAA I was able to get a good discount. So far, I'm not breaking the bank.

So far, I don't have a ticket. If I can get one for 2500 I'll be very happy, but at this point I'm expecting to pay around 3k.

Screw it, it's only money. Not like you can take it with you.

dropped 3200 for nosebleed section.

The kicker was "The Bucket List" was on last night.

I told my wife it was a sign.

Screw it, it's only money. Not like you can take it with you.

dropped 3200 for nosebleed section.

The kicker was "The Bucket List" was on last night.

I told my wife it was a sign.

Awesome, I did the bucket list SB a few years ago in Houston.

I booked a hotel and flight, but the prices are too high for tickets. The same seats I bought in SB 51 are 2K higher this time around. I lost 1K on the hotel and flight. :(

GO PATS! I'm staying a few miles away near Athens GA tonight, as I drive in from Durham, NC. Using USAA I was able to get a good discount. So far, I'm not breaking the bank.

So far, I don't have a ticket. If I can get one for 2500 I'll be very happy, but at this point I'm expecting to pay around 3k.

Cool dude! All the best. Drive safe.

Looks like i might be meeting a few other members on our site either tonight or tom at the stadium. Pls reach out if you want to join us.

A mutiny is going on in my group btw :D. My girlfriend and my best buddy are now citing this ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ angle and want to buy the tix ahead. I resisted amd pointed out that the plan was to try to meet Triumph if possible as he has a lot of experience buying it at the last minute and hence better to act as per his guidance. So, good chance i will be marooned and left alone. Lol.

Sitting in the Newark airpor waiting to board. Spotted a handful in Pats gear including us, although i am wearing a ‘Do Your Job’ hoodie with the Pats logo.

Just talked to a guy from ticketbash and he is quoting me around 3600 for a single ticket. AAAARRRRRRGH. He gave me his number and basically said to call him: he said the usual trend of tickets dropping is not happening, that they are spiking right now.

I'm starting to lose my nerve, feel like I'm in a game of chicken right now.

Look, anybody with a pulse that is NOT a SCUMBAGDELL knows it should be a three city rotation for the Super Bowl....Nawlins, Miami, LA. Give Turdell a chance and he'll have it in the friggin' Phillipines by 2025.

Hmmm...the Philippines, you say?

I would have to make it a point of attending if the SB were held there and the Pats are in it. I would then take a jeepney from Manila to Olongapo to see if there are still any mama-sans from the 1980s plying their trade at the rock 'n roll bars on Magsaysay Drive.

Just talked to a guy from ticketbash and he is quoting me around 3600 for a single ticket. AAAARRRRRRGH. He gave me his number and basically said to call him: he said the usual trend of tickets dropping is not happening, that they are spiking right now.

I'm starting to lose my nerve, feel like I'm in a game of chicken right now.

As I type this, there is a ticket for 3100 available on TickPick.

More than you want to pay, i get it.

My stress level dropped immediately (well, 30 minutes later) after buying and just knowing it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes