PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Go get him Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Zach Ertz saying he wants to remain a Eagle.
However talks are going south so he doesn’t feel wanted.

Zach Erts would be the new Olsen for Cam! Make it happen, Bill! Lol

Nah, the Eagles' asking price would likely be much more than BB would want to give up, and rightfully so. I like Ertz a lot and he'd likely be great in NE, but I'm more in inclined to say let's see what we've got in the young pups.

I’d rather have their other te Goedert, less mileage with a high ceiling.

Either one would solve the black hole that’s there now though. Hopefully the young guys step up soon And we don’t have to worry so much about it. 2 years seems like an eternity after having Coates, Gronk and Hernandez over the years.

Either one would solve the black hole that’s there now though. Hopefully the young guys step up soon And we don’t have to worry so much about it. 2 years seems like an eternity after having Coates, Gronk and Hernandez over the years.
Don't forget Ben Watson and Daniel Graham sprinkled in there.

Zach Erts would be the new Olsen for Cam! Make it happen, Bill! Lol

Nah, the Eagles' asking price would likely be much more than BB would want to give up, and rightfully so. I like Ertz a lot and he'd likely be great in NE, but I'm more in inclined to say let's see what we've got in the young pups.
Bill gave a 2nd rounder pick for Sanu. Do you think it will be more than 2nd round for Ertz ?

That's the kind of move I would only want to see my team make if they were 1-2 pieces away from being a serious contender. I think we need like 10 more pieces. My outlook could be different after seeing the team in action though.

Bill gave a 2nd rounder pick for Sanu. Do you think it will be more than 2nd round for Ertz ?
I have no idea what it would be, but I'm sure the Eagles will want a lot. Ertz is better and more valuable to them than Sanu was to the Falcons. Ertz is one of their best players on offense.

So BB just drafted 2 TE's with 3rd round picks and now he's going to give up a high pick and big money for another TE (though a very good one)? I don't see it happening unless BB knows Asiasi and Keene aren't that great. Even then it's not really his m.o.

Either one would solve the black hole that’s there now though. Hopefully the young guys step up soon And we don’t have to worry so much about it. 2 years seems like an eternity after having Coates, Gronk and Hernandez over the years...
...Plus Wiggie from Eastie, Daniel Grahambo, Fauria, Watson, even David Thomas...

We should have drafted him. He'd cost more than Ertz now. He'll be the guy going forward there. We saw first-hand at times last year when we played them. He'd be great here though. Complete player that likes to work, get physical.

So BB just drafted 2 TE's with 3rd round picks and now he's going to give up a high pick and big money for another TE (though a very good one)? I don't see it happening unless BB knows Asiasi and Keene aren't that great. Even then it's not really his m.o.

We're really going to try going with the premise that 3rd round TEs are automatic hits, then?

The Eagles will never let Ertz go unless they get a Kings ransom in return.

GM Howie Roseman is one of the best in the NFL at managing a franchise.

I'd be happy seeing a 2001 level Jermaine Wiggins on the roster

Nah, the Eagles' asking price would likely be much more than BB would want to give up, and rightfully so.
Throw in Julie and I would pay that price. (She can be our kicker)

Uncle Ben Watson may get the itch for a comeback.

grady.jpg

Would have been a good trade for the Pats last year. Not this year.

I would not be opposed to a move like this... Wouldn't hurt to make a phone call

We're really going to try going with the premise that 3rd round TEs are automatic hits, then?
I'm going to leave it to BB to make that distinction..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes