PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillislee and Burkhead vs. Blount: the analytics factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, somewhat unrelated, I think we almost have too many weapons on offense.

WR: Cooks, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Amendola
TE: Gronkowski, Allen
RB: Gillislee, White, Lewis, Berkhead

That is 11 solid skill position players. I love the depth trust me but only 5 can play at a time so having 11 seems a little over kill. And this is before factoring in any rookies or second year guys like DJ Foster, Devin Lucien, etc that could come along.

Because of this I view Hogan and especially Lewis as potential trade pieces. While I dont want to trade Butler, a package deal of Butler + Lewis to the Saints would make a lot of sense for both sides. Maybe we could get #11 in return, although I would prefer #32 and #42. Those picks would allow us to fill some holes on defense (DE, LB, Etc.) with young rookies on cheap long term contracts while only losing a couple players at positions we are already deep at. RB would be more than fine with Gillislee, White and Berkhead. And CB should hold up fine with Gilmore, Rowe, and whoever wins the slot job (probably Cyrus). We could pick up Jason McCourty or Darelle Revis if need be as well.

Every year we watch them ride through injuries. Last year it was Gronk and Bennett played through injuries but provided enough.

This year this offense is freaking loaded and I'm excited about that not only because it could be another 2007 type season but it has so much depth that it could carry a team in so many ways. Injured D? Run the ball and burn the clock. Injured WR? Depth. Injured RB? Throw the ball to anywhere on the field. And BTW the D looks like it could be loaded too. Wow.

It looks like it's going to be another fun year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back