PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gillette Stadium undergoing renovations for 5th Super Bowl Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man what a pain in the ass it is to have to redesign your stadium in order to make enough room to display your Superbowl banners ;)
I dunno if it was really worth it. Like the old saying goes, "don't win championships for banners you don't have room for."

Consider yourself fortunate, @JetFan79 ..!! These are the problems you will never need to concern yourself with.

You have no idea how difficult it is to win 5 Super Bowls.
Not that I want it to happen, but what if the Giants won more SBs. The stadium may need construction for an issue that doesn't even affect them or brought on the Jets having success.

Consider yourself fortunate, @JetFan79 ..!! These are the problems you will never need to concern yourself with.

You have no idea how difficult it is to win 5 Super Bowls.

20d704c1419b92f2b8b8c3810671b82c832b844cf7641ac73a92455096213081.jpg

Maybe Kraft can strike a deal with Irsay in which he sends him a Mack truck full of Vicodin so the banners can be hung at Lucas Oil.

I think the banners are going in the gray area

You might be right. Here's a recent pic. The area where it says Gillette stadium could get raised up above. The gray area would go between the column that the banners are currently on. And the 4 banners move to the gray area with the fifth one. Spaced enough to hold a 6th of course!

Also note the new "hangout" structure to the right of the banners replacing the seats that used to be there.

DD2Rm-yWAAAgDgf.jpg-large.jpeg

No but seriously.... you will never know the pain we suffer.... try to imagine what a pain in the ass it is to spend $299 on a really nice framed wall display which has tickets and Game Programs from all 4 Patriots Super Bowl victories and then boom, 2 years later that framed display is outdated because now we have 5 victories!!

This is hysterical.....

Gillette Stadium GM: "Mr Kraft, we have a problem"
Krafty: "What?"
GM: "We don't have room for the 5th banner. We've tried every configuration possible."
K: "OK. Make room for it where the Gillette sign is"
GM: "OK, we can add room on the side for #5."
K: "No. Move the whole sign and plan for #6, #7 and #8. That way i'll be balanced."

No but seriously.... you will never know the pain we suffer.... try to imagine what a pain in the ass it is to spend $299 on a really nice framed wall display which has tickets and Game Programs from all 4 Patriots Super Bowl victories and then boom, 2 years later that framed display is outdated because now we have 5 victories!!

hahaha

In all seriousness I was gonna get the 5 ticket one this summer at the pro shop and decided not to because I'd be angry if they win again this year

To each their own, but I'm not one for collectibles and swooning over men's worn clothing n stuff like that.

Now I do have some momentos from some memorable games/tailgates with family n friends, but I'm not into that whole collectible market thing. If I was, I'd be in great shape as a Jet/Yankee/Devil fan though.

Maybe when I do over the basement into a bar and need some wall things, but not 'til then.

Obviously if I'm at a Yankee game and Judge smacks a home run, I'm diving for that damn thing. I'm not dumb. But that's not some marketing gimmick.

To each their own, but I'm not one for collectibles and swooning over men's worn clothing n stuff like that.

Now I do have some momentos from some memorable games/tailgates with family n friends, but I'm not into that whole collectible market thing. If I was, I'd be in great shape as a Jet/Yankee/Devil fan though.

Maybe when I do over the basement into a bar and need some wall things, but not 'til then.

Obviously if I'm at a Yankee game and Judge smacks a home run, I'm diving for that damn thing. I'm not dumb. But that's not some marketing gimmick.

Wait, you didn't save your paperbag?

Paperbag.jpg

No but seriously.... you will never know the pain we suffer...
I have a hard time matching up all of the 3 games to glory discs with their proper jewel cases. One of the 3 games to glory 5 discs went into the 3 games to glory 3 case, and vice versa.

Brutal.

Jetes fans don't have such problems! ;)

I have a hard time matching up all of the 3 games to glory discs with their proper jewel cases. One of the 3 games to glory 5 discs went into the 3 games to glory 3 case, and vice versa.

Brutal.

Jetes fans don't have such problems! ;)

You think that's brutal?

Try running and maintaining one of these for your SBIII tape.

0a5728cded482e1047b79cac22f3b149--home-movies-movies-at.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back