PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants HC Ben McAdoo afraid of Beckham. Risking career?

I don't know if he's a terrible head coach or not. They did make the playoffs last season. The offense just finally scored over 20 points for the first time in like 10 games; I mean, think about that. The team is paying Eli Manning and his weapons a ton of money, and they literally cannot score 20 points in ten chances. Any team - including the Patriots - would struggle badly with that type of offensive output. Sure, you can point to the playcalling and schemes, but once again the blame is more likely on Eli. He is simply not a good quarterback. The worst situation in the NFL is to be a head coach with a maddeningly average, inconsistent quarterback whose reputation far exceeds his actual play. The coach always takes way too much blame.

He will get into the hall because of those two superbowls. It ticks me off but at least we have won two since then and have a good chance at a 3rd.

I don't know if he's a terrible head coach or not. They did make the playoffs last season. The offense just finally scored over 20 points for the first time in like 10 games; I mean, think about that. The team is paying Eli Manning and his weapons a ton of money, and they literally cannot score 20 points in ten chances. Any team - including the Patriots - would struggle badly with that type of offensive output. Sure, you can point to the playcalling and schemes, but once again the blame is more likely on Eli. He is simply not a good quarterback. The worst situation in the NFL is to be a head coach with a maddeningly average, inconsistent quarterback whose reputation far exceeds his actual play. The coach always takes way too much blame.

It seems to me he's always been inconsistent but on the upper side of things. He was a good QB, he used to be, even screwing up every once in a while.

It's not the case anymore. He stinks right now and is a bottom 10 QB. He's been declining in the past couple years but this year he simply has been that bad. I watched the game against Dallas and Lions. He can't read anything. I know it's tough with no offensive line and feeling the breath of Ziggy Ansahs of life in his neck but he can't read **** and the game is too fast for him right now. The arm is still there but you can't be a good QB if you are not cerebral and right now he is running a Pentium 233 when the league minimum requirements is a I3.

You can whine like a dog, but if that kid doesn't kick a 61 yard field goal O

He singlehandedly almost won that game. A special player. Off the field not so much. I think the front office is going to handle this after his end zone antics.

It seems to me he's always been inconsistent but on the upper side of things. He was a good QB, he used to be, even screwing up every once in a while.

It's not the case anymore. He stinks right now and is a bottom 10 QB. He's been declining in the past couple years but this year he simply has been that bad. I watched the game against Dallas and Lions. He can't read anything. I know it's tough with no offensive line and feeling the breath of Ziggy Ansahs of life in his neck but he can't read **** and the game is too fast for him right now. The arm is still there but you can't be a good QB if you are not cerebral and right now he is running a Pentium 233 when the league minimum requirements is a I3.

Eli has been sacked 8 times in 117 attempts.
Brady has been sacked 10 times in 110 attempts.

There’s always some reason (someone else’s fault) why precious Eli can’t perform at a high level.

He will get into the hall because of those two superbowls, his last name and because he played in NY. It ticks me off but at least we have won two since then and have a good chance at a 3rd.

Just fleshed out your point a bit.

Random thoughts.

I live in NYC and McAdoo-doo is beginning to lose the Tabloids. Usually, the first step to the Unemployment line.

Somebody should explain to OBJ that he's diminishing future paychecks when he pulls that kind of nonsense.

Also, OBJ = O-3 is not the kind of math that will add up to his being "the highest paid player in the NFL," as he says he wants to be.

Tough to make the Playoffs from 0--3. Almost impossible when your three Division Rivals are 2--1 and you also have to play Oakland and KC.

The bigger issue in New York is the front office's stubborn refusal to address the RB, OL and LB positions. The rest of the roster is Super Bowl quality.

Look at the decision to draft Evan Engram over Garrett Bolles, think they're regretting that one right now?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back