PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants HC Ben McAdoo afraid of Beckham. Risking career?

I think he has much bigger concerns if we're thinking about what's going to ultimately get him fired. When he goes, it'll be because he's a terrible coach who has no idea how to run an offense... which is the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

Also because he's the spitting image of PC Principal

I think he has much bigger concerns if we're thinking about what's going to ultimately get him fired. When he goes, it'll be because he's a terrible coach who has no idea how to run an offense... which is the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

Also because he's the spitting image of PC Principal

I've seen coaches who are bad get second chances. I think it's hard to overcome your top player disrespecting you in public. It only gets worse. Beckham is a virtual 3 year old.

0-3 is well on the way to getting fired. But lack of discipline and losing go hand in hand.

Agreed. 0-3 can still make the playoffs or be respectable, if the team has character IMO

I've seen coaches who are bad get second chances. I think it's hard to overcome your top player disrespecting you in public. It only gets worse. Beckham is a virtual 3 year old.

Jim Caldwell, Mike Mularkey, Rex Ryan and Norv Turner all got multiple chances, and it's hard to lose a locker room more emphatically than those guys did. McAdoo may or may not get a second chance, but I don't think failing to address Beckham's penalty will be a significant factor in that decision.

Mcdaniels would trade Beckham who by the way the Giants may be a possible landing spot for Josh but I don't see him wanting to work with Eli.
But who knows.
I think Mcdaniels and Jim Bob Cooter should be hot names as HCs

I cannot for the life of me understand why the Giants do not address his behavior - it is simply stupid beyond belief. There is nothing funny about it - it is weird in a clinical way. The man is a great WR talent, but he will be out of the league in 3-4 years with this downward spiral.

They should trade him for an embarrassment of riches.

Ex-Elite lineman, TE, RB

I cannot for the life of me understand why the Giants do not address his behavior - it is simply stupid beyond belief. There is nothing funny about it - it is weird in a clinical way. The man is a great WR talent, but he will be out of the league in 3-4 years with this downward spiral.
They won't cut a K for abusing his wife.

What OBJ did was gross and classless.

Mara won't do anything.

Last edited:
Hot take: had Coughlin been coaching that team last year, we might have saw them in Houston.

That tells you all you need to know about McAdoo's discipline skills.

yeah because Diva Wide receivers have never been a thing in the NFL

yeah because Diva Wide receivers have never been a thing in the NFL
This is OBJ's 4th year - 3-4 years hence is 7, maybe 8 years. I don't see him as a 10 year pro. I don't think he works hard enough to survive late in his career - he is getting by on his prodigious talent. Also I don't know whether he needs discipline or help.

This is OBJ's 4th year - 3-4 years hence is 7, maybe 8 years. I don't see him as a 10 year pro. I don't think he works hard enough to survive late in his career - he is getting by on his prodigious talent. Also I don't know whether he needs discipline or help.
You could be right but people said the same thing about every other diva wide receiver and that talent keeps them going much longer than you would think. OBJ is a douche but dont doubt his work ethic because of that

he's a complete and utter moron...of course our society elevates the idiots infesting the media as paradigms to emulate for the hard working, intelligent hundreds of millions of people in our country who actually MAKE this the land of opportunity....for d!ckheads like Ohell Not-again. Sick of these grinning jacka$$es preening like peacocks on acid.

The odds do not support your opinion. Three percent of the 168 teams that have started 0-3 since 1980 rallied to make the playoffs, according to Odds Shark, and no team has done it since the Bills in 1998. I'm betting more than a few of those 163 teams that ended up missing the playoffs had character. The Giants, character issues aside, are a bad football team.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back