PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Giants HC Ben McAdoo afraid of Beckham. Risking career?

I think he has much bigger concerns if we're thinking about what's going to ultimately get him fired. When he goes, it'll be because he's a terrible coach who has no idea how to run an offense... which is the one thing he was supposed to be good at.

Also because he's the spitting image of PC Principal
I think it was Brady Quinn I heard on the radio that Mcadoo runs the same formation on every play which makes figuring out the Giants offense really easy for opposing defenses. He said it is basically always a 3 wr set which isn't great to run out of and when you have a terrible offensive line isn't great to throw out of either.

Beckham is an absolute clown and lockeroom cancer.

His career highlights of catches all come in games the Giants lost. Three seasons played and 0 playoff wins with him.

Coughlin couldn't control him (that meltdown against the Panthers in Coughlin's last season) and McAdoo can't either.

The odds do not support your opinion. Three percent of the 168 teams that have started 0-3 since 1980 rallied to make the playoffs, according to Odds Shark, and no team has done it since the Bills in 1998. I'm betting more than a few of those 163 teams that ended up missing the playoffs had character. The Giants, character issues aside, are a bad football team.

Are you trying to tell me that it's not good to start 0-3?

Ohell Not-again

As an ardent Joe Kerr fan and supporter of his zest for nicknames, I must admit that this one is disappointing. Joe can do much better than Not-Again.

I cannot for the life of me understand why the Giants do not address his behavior - it is simply stupid beyond belief. There is nothing funny about it - it is weird in a clinical way. The man is a great WR talent, but he will be out of the league in 3-4 years with this downward spiral.

He's a goofball, but there's a whole lot of pearl clutching going on in here.

Doug Baldwin took a dump in the end zone during the Super Bowl. Randy Moss mooned the Packer crowd, turning Joe Buck into the Church Lady on national television. Terrell Owens did friggin pushups in his driveway instead of help his team win games. His previous team traded him after trying unsuccessfully to see a therapist, and then played for 5 more seasons. Joe Horn took the time to tape his cellular device behind an end zone pillar so that he could pretend to talk on the phone. Then there's the Not Even Good types, bums like Freddie Mitchell who strut around in flashy hats and talk up their greatness while dropping the ball and not making plays.

Again, Beckham is a goofball and currently very immature. But he clearly is a tremendous talent, and guys like that keep getting chances. The Giants are better off firing McAdoo and bringing in a better coach, while hoping/assuming that Beckham grows up just a little bit, than getting rid of Odell and keeping a guy who seems to have zero clue what he's doing.

yeah because Diva Wide receivers have never been a thing in the NFL

According to nfl arrest.com the NFL player position most prone to arrest is, you guessed it, WR.

He needs to get rid of that Gordon Bombay haircut if he wants to be taken seriously as a head coach, IMO.

The Giants will make a change at head coach or trade Beckham.
I think thats what I would do his value is at a all time high you could trade him for multiple picks use that to build up your offensive line.
However I think Mcdaniels Patricia and Jim Bob Cooter should be in the Giants crosshairs.
McAdoo seems like a joke.
The Giants are very talented on defensive line but his GM did him no favors on the o line.

Hot take: had Coughlin been coaching that team last year, we might have saw them in Houston.

That tells you all you need to know about McAdoo's discipline skills.
A hypothetical tells us all we need to know?
I'm not sawing that

He's a goofball, but there's a whole lot of pearl clutching going on in here.

Doug Baldwin took a dump in the end zone during the Super Bowl. Randy Moss mooned the Packer crowd, turning Joe Buck into the Church Lady on national television. Terrell Owens did friggin pushups in his driveway instead of help his team win games. His previous team traded him after trying unsuccessfully to see a therapist, and then played for 5 more seasons. Joe Horn took the time to tape his cellular device behind an end zone pillar so that he could pretend to talk on the phone. Then there's the Not Even Good types, bums like Freddie Mitchell who strut around in flashy hats and talk up their greatness while dropping the ball and not making plays.
And Ahern went on a killing spree....but he was a TE

What he was saying was, "we're pizzin our season away again at 0-3"

McAdoo does’t appear to be Vince Lombardi, but I’ve noticed that there are certain quarterbacks whose reputations exceed their actual skill level. Usually that is due to some postseason luck. Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are two quarterbacks who meet that criteria. Similar to the Raven, I expect the Giants to go through five million coaches and coordinators and blame them for the offense’s shortcomings, rather than just acknowledge the obvious, that he $20M face of the franchise is a disappointment unless the entire roster is blowing up with talent.

I haven't seen that much greasy hair gel since razor ramon. It's like an oil pit. Lol
What do you think his post game speech was after they **** the bed in Philly? "Hey yo?"

McAdoo does’t appear to be Vince Lombardi, but I’ve noticed that there are certain quarterbacks whose reputations exceed their actual skill level. Usually that is due to some postseason luck. Joe Flacco and Eli Manning are two quarterbacks who meet that criteria. Similar to the Raven, I expect the Giants to go through five million coaches and coordinators and blame them for the offense’s shortcomings, rather than just acknowledge the obvious, that he $20M face of the franchise is a disappointment unless the entire roster is blowing up with talent.
It is rare to find a coach with the sack to bench a long time QB starter for a franchise when their skills decline. Belichick is the exception to the rule, having benched both Kosar and Bledsoe (and yes, I know Bledsoe was injured so when I say he was "benched" I mean that once he got healthy, he stayed on the bench which was, at the time, a controversial move).

Whether or not McAdoo stays has nothing to do with OBJ. He's been a terrible head coach. It is now obvious he isn't HC material or doesn't know how to handle his team.

On the other hand, OBJ is a nut case. He should stop doing stupid stuff on the field. Even Mara openly acknowledged that what OBJ did was unacceptable. OBJ should grow up and show maturity if we wants to keep playing for the Giants.

Whether or not McAdoo stays has nothing to do with OBJ. He's been a terrible head coach. It is now obvious he isn't HC material or doesn't know how to handle his team.

On the other hand, OBJ is a nut case. He should stop doing stupid stuff on the field. Even Mara openly acknowledged that what OBJ did was unacceptable. OBJ should grow up and show maturity if we wants to keep playing for the Giants.

I don't know if he's a terrible head coach or not. They did make the playoffs last season. The offense just finally scored over 20 points for the first time in like 10 games; I mean, think about that. The team is paying Eli Manning and his weapons a ton of money, and they literally cannot score 20 points in ten chances. Any team - including the Patriots - would struggle badly with that type of offensive output. Sure, you can point to the playcalling and schemes, but once again the blame is more likely on Eli. He is simply not a good quarterback. The worst situation in the NFL is to be a head coach with a maddeningly average, inconsistent quarterback whose reputation far exceeds his actual play. The coach always takes way too much blame.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back