PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gerald Green Going to Siberia

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No ... not Siberia but he is going to Russia ... 24 years old and he's no better than when he was drafted.

Green Street Former Celtic Green to play in Russia
Green has signed a contract to play for the Russian team Lokomotiv Kuban until the end of this season, according to The Hoop. The deal was announced on the team’s official website.

Green, who turns 24 next month, most recently played with the Mavericks last season. He was also a member of the Celtics, Timberwolves, and Rockets in four NBA seasons. Green is best known for winning the 2007 Slam Dunk Contest, although he had been trying to shake the reputation of just being a dunker.

Last edited:
At least it's still pro basketball...better to take big money and play overseas than to actually have to go to college or get a real job.

He joins a growing trend among the has beens and never weres: playing in Europe. In his league along there is Lionel Chalmers, Fred Warrick, Ralph Biggs, former Celtic J.R. Bremer, Paul Niller, Brion Rush, James White, Levance Fields, Terrell Lyday, Keith Langford, Kelly McCarthy

At least it's still pro basketball...better to take big money and play overseas than to actually have to go to college or get a real job.

He joins a growing trend among the has beens and never weres: playing in Europe. In his league along there is Lionel Chalmers, Fred Warrick, Ralph Biggs, former Celtic J.R. Bremer, Paul Niller, Brion Rush, James White, Levance Fields, Terrell Lyday, Keith Langford, Kelly McCarthy

I was also thinking ... the Russian women ... oh that's got to count a bit no?

don't forget a jacket

He's a super talented kid, with a 10 cent head. I was estatic when he slid to the Celtics at #18. Not that I thought he'd be a star, but because he was extremely talented coming out of HS. He had all teh phyiscal gifts too. Size, athleticism, vertical, and an amazing stroke from the outside. His problem was he wasn't very bright, had a poor basketball IQ, and didn't ever really "get it" as some say. Too bad, cuz he wasn't a bad kid either.

BTW, anyone know who went the pick before Green, at #17 that year? How about Danny Granger. :( I remember being happy when they were both available after the 16th pick, cuz i knew one would end up with the C's. Too bad it was the wrong one. Hey, we won the title in 2008 anyway, so all's well that ends well right?

He showed some glimpses of promise with Dallas. I'm surprised no one took another chance on him.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back