PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers: Tom Brady “genuine”, Peyton Manning “uncooperative, control freak”

Status
Not open for further replies.
This comes as no shock to many of us. A lot of people dislike Brady simply because he’s successful. Our feelings towards Manning have much more substance and are rooted in someone who projects a phony persona completely detached from reality.

TLDR: Yup, he’s a ****.

I think people like manning more because for all his hype he is kind of a failure. Loses too many playoff games. People feel better about themselves when they see losers.

Just more about we’ve always known here, that Brady is a really good guy while Manning is a total d-bag, despite the heavy media spin the other way.

Gary Myers wrote a book about the Brady-Manning rivalry and wanted to interview each of them.

Brady drove him around and patiently answered his questions, coming across as very down-to-earth...after Myers finished his questions, Brady asked Myers a bunch of questions about his book, took a genuine interest, and asked if he could help him, offering to set up an interview with Forehead.

Manning tried to blow off the book as much as possible before succumbing to paranoia that the book would be one-sided with Brady’s “take.” So he finally had Myers come to his Frankenstein dungeon and acted like a total jackass, a fifteen minute interview and wouldn’t even sit down with him in the cafeteria. He then called upon his personal jackass assistant/PED whistle blower fixer to break up the discussion. Myers notes that other sportswriters are aware that Manning is a control freak. Manning was still recovering from a strained vag1na injury a few years back when Myers asked if the Broncos felt embarrassed after being annihilated by the Seahawks, after several players used that word. Manning had a hissy fit. Stand up guy.

NFL author: Peyton Manning uncooperative, control freak, Tom Brady genuine
What a jerkstore

make sure to listen to the gary myers interview at the end of the article. reading about it makes manning sound bad, but hearing myers talk about it with emotion makes him sound even worse.

Nothing wrong with being a control freak; I’m sure Brady is in some regards too.

But being a **** irrespective of being a control freak does indeed make one a jerk.
Oh, there’s a lot wrong with being a control freak. Try being one and see how miserable you end up!:D

I think Brady is more of a perfectionist. The author said Brady was relaxed and I’ve never met a relaxed control freak

Last edited:
Having read the book, I have to give the author credit for not making the book anti-Manning after having to deal with such a massive a-hole firsthand. I didn't like the book (it really didn't really have much in the way of stories I hadn't already heard), but it wasn't biased in any obvious way.

Not surprised! I always saw through Mannings phoney act. He is the epitome of white privilege and benefitted greatly from his false image despite his past transgressions. People hate Tom because he essentially has the career people expected from Manning.

Has anyone read the book? Is it worth a read?

Has anyone read the book? Is it worth a read?
it's a great read. lots of good stories about brady from people who knew him. and a credit to myers that he didn't let his feelings about manning show through in the book. in his acknowledgements at the end of the book, he actually relates the same story he told in the interview, but he omits manning's attitude.

6qjnYXD.png

it's a great read. lots of good stories about brady from people who knew him. and a credit to myers that he didn't let his feelings about manning show through in the book. in his acknowledgements at the end of the book, he actually relates the same story he told in the interview, but he omits manning's attitude.

6qjnYXD.png

Surprise, surprise. A glowing review of Frankenstein that wasn't actually the truth.

FWIW Myers has had some connections with Brady and hates belichick. Whatever he says is probably true about manning but i dont know how unbiased it is.

FWIW Myers has had some connections with Brady and hates belichick. Whatever he says is probably true about manning but i dont know how unbiased it is.

Wasn't it Myers that started the rumor a few years ago about Belichick going back to the Giants?

I think the Brady you see in press events, and in the documentary done recently is the REAL Brady. He is who he is. But that is also why he sucks on things like SNL. Manning is a character. Fictitious. Brought forth by the NFL machine for profit.

Ask Jim Cooter. Even though Cooter is a Manning fanboy, Manning treated him like garbage coming up the ranks. Manning treated most people poorly if he felt they were "beneath" him. Great player but not a very nice guy to people who support him. It's an open secret around the league.

Ask Jim Cooter. Even though Cooter is a Manning fanboy, Manning treated him like garbage coming up the ranks. Manning treated most people poorly if he felt they were "beneath" him. Great player but not a very nice guy to people who support him. It's an open secret around the league.

I have often wondered what Manning thought of Brady and how much it must have irked him to have some 6th round chump show him up and be considered the GOAT (a tittle he desperately wanted).

Somewhat OT - I preface this question by stating Archie Manning's NFL career largely ended before I was born (I was 1 when he finished up with the Vikings), so I never got to "see him play".

Why is Archie Manning considered NFL royalty (or CFB royalty for that matter)? His stats in both portions of his career are fairly unremarkable. I would say is he is the Bubbah version of Tim Tebow, but at least Tebow won regularly at UF and is widely considered one of the best CFB players ever, even if his talents didn't translate to NFL success.

Is this like a Dixie Mafia thing?

I'm sure Manning is an ass, but if someone came up to me *right* after losing the superbowl and asked if I was embarrassed, I probably would have hit him. It's one thing for a player to be asked how they feel and to say say they felt embarrassed, it's another thing to ask them if they felt embarrassed (implying that they should). For a person who makes a living as a writer to not be able to make the distinction speaks a lot about Myers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes