SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Gary Myers: Tom Brady “genuine”, Peyton Manning “uncooperative, control freak”

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ice_Ice_Brady, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24,833
    Just more about we’ve always known here, that Brady is a really good guy while Manning is a total d-bag, despite the heavy media spin the other way.

Gary Myers wrote a book about the Brady-Manning rivalry and wanted to interview each of them.

Brady drove him around and patiently answered his questions, coming across as very down-to-earth...after Myers finished his questions, Brady asked Myers a bunch of questions about his book, took a genuine interest, and asked if he could help him, offering to set up an interview with Forehead.

Manning tried to blow off the book as much as possible before succumbing to paranoia that the book would be one-sided with Brady’s “take.” So he finally had Myers come to his Frankenstein dungeon and acted like a total jackass, a fifteen minute interview and wouldn’t even sit down with him in the cafeteria. He then called upon his personal jackass assistant/PED whistle blower fixer to break up the discussion. Myers notes that other sportswriters are aware that Manning is a control freak. Manning was still recovering from a strained vag1na injury a few years back when Myers asked if the Broncos felt embarrassed after being annihilated by the Seahawks, after several players used that word. Manning had a hissy fit. Stand up guy.

NFL author: Peyton Manning uncooperative, control freak, Tom Brady genuine

• Like x 12
    • Winner x 4
    • Useful x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Genius x 1
    • Thank You x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. Arialgg

Arialgg PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,259
    Peyton’s “aw shucks” persona that he always portrays is blantantly false. He’s an arrogant prick that uses his name & fame to get what he wants, is disrespectful, dishonest and demeaning to anyone (women especially) who dare cross him. I despise him.

• Like x 9
    • Agree x 5
    • Winner x 5
    • Love x 2
    • Thank You x 1
    • Useful x 1
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +11,285

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. StockingAnarchyNumber12

StockingAnarchyNumber12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,871
    I never disliked Peyton.

That just changed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,655
    This comes as no shock to many of us. A lot of people dislike Brady simply because he’s successful. Our feelings towards Manning have much more substance and are rooted in someone who projects a phony persona completely detached from reality.

TLDR: Yup, he’s a dick.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,534
    Manning destroyed the career of a female trainer at U of Tennessee. Peyton tried to rub his junk on her face, and she filed a complaint. Archie Manning stepped in and got Tennessee to payoff the woman, who lost her job, and made out that she was the one hassling Peyton, that she made up the story, yadda yadda yadda. You can find a lot of this online with a simple search.

Here's one from, of all sources, FESPN:

OTL: Manning accuser called sexual assault hotline

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. dreighver

dreighver Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,918
    Nothing wrong with being a control freak; I’m sure Brady is in some regards too.

But being a dick irrespective of being a control freak does indeed make one a jerk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. SammyBlueCat

SammyBlueCat PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,429
    Pay A Ton is an @ss

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +24,833
    It's amazing how this guy got the "greatest guy in the history of mankind" award during his career. Here are just a few things that clearly show this wasn't the case.

• We all know that he sexually assaulted a trainer, paid for the story to go away, intimated people, destroyed the reputation of this young woman, and used his father's influence to come out of this sh1tstorm with virtually nothing. Compare that to guys like Jameis Winston and their public image. The story resurfaced in 2016 and was immediately shut down from publication, like a book burning ritual.
    • Mike Vanderjagt exposed him as someone who either doesn't care or doesn't have the necessary intensity for the postseason. Manning called him a "liquored up kicker" even though Vanderjagt was clearly not drunk. Media turned on Vanderjagt and Colts released him. Has this crap ever happened to other QBs? No.
    • After a playoff loss in the mid-2000s, Manning blatantly threw his offensive line under the bus with his infamous "I'm trying to be a good teammate here...but let's just say we had some protection problems" line. Would any other quarterback be absolved of this atrocity within a week? Of course not.
    • Tony Dungy compared the 2007 Patriots to "Barry Bonds" while Manning was praised as the guy who does everything the right way. It was later revealed that the Colts and Manning were the biggest sign stealers in the league. All this crap about "bending the rules" with the Patriots is clearly something that Manning did frequently and wasn't above the fray. I wouldn't say this is really something I have a problem with, but just another spin-job.
    • He clearly used HGH to, at a minimum, recover from his injury, and likely for more than that. Not only did he throw his own wife under the bus in one of the most pathetic cop-out/coward stories in memory; he then used his father's hired goons (this is not made up) to physically intimidate the witness from the Guyer Clinic.
    • This one is a little out of bounds since it's unproven, but there was a heck of a lot of smoke about his extra-marital infidelities.
    So anyone who thinks Manning is not actually a total sh1t-bag, I'd really like to hear why that is. You'll have to remind yourself that all these incidents listed were just what we, as the public, were able to actually observe, while we know that his a-hole propoganda minister father, as well as huge amounts of the press, and a massive amount of major sponsors were actively trying to spin every story into Manning's legendary book while silencing anything that would suggest otherwise.

Verdict: probably a semi-regular creep and scum bag with a chance of being an absolute Grade-A narcissist/egomaniac with such severe entitlement that he may have gotten bounced from the NFL early on if not for his connections.

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Thank You Thank You x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,952
    I certainly have no love for Peyton Manning. BUT, the fact that a writer likes a source who cooperates and gives him lots of material more than an uncooperative source doesn't impress me so much. And honestly, Brady and Manning weren't in remotely the same position vis a vis this book, which is ultimately about Peyton being thoroughly trounced. (Imagine a writer approaching Tom for a book about his Superbowl rivalry with ELI Manning....)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,585
    Dont think TB would berate the guy who asked him. It's like living in Bizzaro world where the country thinks PM a down to earth good guy and TB is a cheating phony.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +24,833
    Published in 2016...at this point there were plenty of mouth breathers who felt that Manning’s second SB victory (and second victory where won despite crapping his pants) put him ahead in the GOAT debate. These are comparable to the illiterates who insist enter the earth was flat long after it wasn’t proven otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +24,833
    It makes sense. This same country elects total d-bags into office.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  14. Flash

Flash Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Peyton Manning went to kiss Papa Johns and advertise Budweiser immediately right after the Super Bowl. The guy's entire public persona is fake, and probably why he is more liked among casual NFL fans because they all fall for his "aw shucks" shtick, the type of guy a casual fan would like to have a beer with.

Now I wouldn't care what Peyton's public image is or how he behaves in the spotlight but man, when Brady and the Patriots got dragged into dirt for DeflateGate while Peyton "HGH" Manning can shrug off controversies one after another with Colts/Broncos fans coming in swarms defending him...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ratings:
    +24,833
    I’d say the “I’m gonna go drink a Budweiser” was probably the most revealing moment of his career. Literally his last game and should be an epic emotional moment, and he pitches a $2 beer for money. I hate Manning, but in that moment, I wanted to see him and wanted him to be happy leaving the game with a championship and give some epic speech about what it means to him. “I need a Budweiser.” What a total fraud and loser. As I said before, the same American public that loves Manning also vote for the politicians we all hate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. dannydyn

dannydyn PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,186
    strained vag1na injury

LMAO

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. skspikex2

skspikex2 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +927
    6441FDE5-F64B-4968-81BB-8E35BFA01280.jpeg

That’s all you need to know.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Tb12goesinya

Tb12goesinya Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +854
    People compare BB and Saban all of the time, I detect similar differences.

19. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,534
    I don't. They are good friends, having coached together on and off over their careers.

20. Tb12goesinya

Tb12goesinya Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +854
    I think BB is genuine and the real deal. I think Saban is a poser hard as$ who is benefiting greatly off Bear Bryant, Alabama legacy, and a few good seasons. He is letting his money work for him at this point. The best thing Saban does is discipline his uber talent. He is a grossly overrated coach. His jerk attitude towards college media is not comparable to BB's withdrawn, don't give an inch, mostly passive attitude to the NFL bloodsuckers.

• Agree Agree x 1