PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gary Myers: Tom Brady “genuine”, Peyton Manning “uncooperative, control freak”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just more about we’ve always known here, that Brady is a really good guy while Manning is a total d-bag, despite the heavy media spin the other way.

Gary Myers wrote a book about the Brady-Manning rivalry and wanted to interview each of them.

Brady drove him around and patiently answered his questions, coming across as very down-to-earth...after Myers finished his questions, Brady asked Myers a bunch of questions about his book, took a genuine interest, and asked if he could help him, offering to set up an interview with Forehead.

Manning tried to blow off the book as much as possible before succumbing to paranoia that the book would be one-sided with Brady’s “take.” So he finally had Myers come to his Frankenstein dungeon and acted like a total jackass, a fifteen minute interview and wouldn’t even sit down with him in the cafeteria. He then called upon his personal jackass assistant/PED whistle blower fixer to break up the discussion. Myers notes that other sportswriters are aware that Manning is a control freak. Manning was still recovering from a strained vag1na injury a few years back when Myers asked if the Broncos felt embarrassed after being annihilated by the Seahawks, after several players used that word. Manning had a hissy fit. Stand up guy.

NFL author: Peyton Manning uncooperative, control freak, Tom Brady genuine

Peyton’s “aw shucks” persona that he always portrays is blantantly false. He’s an arrogant prick that uses his name & fame to get what he wants, is disrespectful, dishonest and demeaning to anyone (women especially) who dare cross him. I despise him.

This comes as no shock to many of us. A lot of people dislike Brady simply because he’s successful. Our feelings towards Manning have much more substance and are rooted in someone who projects a phony persona completely detached from reality.

TLDR: Yup, he’s a ****.

Manning destroyed the career of a female trainer at U of Tennessee. Peyton tried to rub his junk on her face, and she filed a complaint. Archie Manning stepped in and got Tennessee to payoff the woman, who lost her job, and made out that she was the one hassling Peyton, that she made up the story, yadda yadda yadda. You can find a lot of this online with a simple search.

Here's one from, of all sources, FESPN:

OTL: Manning accuser called sexual assault hotline

Nothing wrong with being a control freak; I’m sure Brady is in some regards too.

But being a **** irrespective of being a control freak does indeed make one a jerk.

Peyton’s “aw shucks” persona that he always portrays is blantantly false. He’s an arrogant prick that uses his name & fame to get what he wants, is disrespectful, dishonest and demeaning to anyone (women especially) who dare cross him. I despise him.

This comes as no shock to many of us. A lot of people dislike Brady simply because he’s successful. Our feelings towards Manning have much more substance and are rooted in someone who projects a phony persona completely detached from reality.

TLDR: Yup, he’s a ****.

It's amazing how this guy got the "greatest guy in the history of mankind" award during his career. Here are just a few things that clearly show this wasn't the case.

• We all know that he sexually assaulted a trainer, paid for the story to go away, intimated people, destroyed the reputation of this young woman, and used his father's influence to come out of this ****storm with virtually nothing. Compare that to guys like Jameis Winston and their public image. The story resurfaced in 2016 and was immediately shut down from publication, like a book burning ritual.
  • Mike Vanderjagt exposed him as someone who either doesn't care or doesn't have the necessary intensity for the postseason. Manning called him a "liquored up kicker" even though Vanderjagt was clearly not drunk. Media turned on Vanderjagt and Colts released him. Has this crap ever happened to other QBs? No.
  • After a playoff loss in the mid-2000s, Manning blatantly threw his offensive line under the bus with his infamous "I'm trying to be a good teammate here...but let's just say we had some protection problems" line. Would any other quarterback be absolved of this atrocity within a week? Of course not.
  • Tony Dungy compared the 2007 Patriots to "Barry Bonds" while Manning was praised as the guy who does everything the right way. It was later revealed that the Colts and Manning were the biggest sign stealers in the league. All this crap about "bending the rules" with the Patriots is clearly something that Manning did frequently and wasn't above the fray. I wouldn't say this is really something I have a problem with, but just another spin-job.
  • He clearly used HGH to, at a minimum, recover from his injury, and likely for more than that. Not only did he throw his own wife under the bus in one of the most pathetic cop-out/coward stories in memory; he then used his father's hired goons (this is not made up) to physically intimidate the witness from the Guyer Clinic.
  • This one is a little out of bounds since it's unproven, but there was a heck of a lot of smoke about his extra-marital infidelities.
So anyone who thinks Manning is not actually a total ****-bag, I'd really like to hear why that is. You'll have to remind yourself that all these incidents listed were just what we, as the public, were able to actually observe, while we know that his a-hole propoganda minister father, as well as huge amounts of the press, and a massive amount of major sponsors were actively trying to spin every story into Manning's legendary book while silencing anything that would suggest otherwise.

Verdict: probably a semi-regular creep and scum bag with a chance of being an absolute Grade-A narcissist/egomaniac with such severe entitlement that he may have gotten bounced from the NFL early on if not for his connections.

I certainly have no love for Peyton Manning. BUT, the fact that a writer likes a source who cooperates and gives him lots of material more than an uncooperative source doesn't impress me so much. And honestly, Brady and Manning weren't in remotely the same position vis a vis this book, which is ultimately about Peyton being thoroughly trounced. (Imagine a writer approaching Tom for a book about his Superbowl rivalry with ELI Manning....)

I certainly have no love for Peyton Manning. BUT, the fact that a writer likes a source who cooperates and gives him lots of material more than an uncooperative source doesn't impress me so much. And honestly, Brady and Manning weren't in remotely the same position vis a vis this book, which is ultimately about Peyton being thoroughly trounced. (Imagine a writer approaching Tom for a book about his Superbowl rivalry with ELI Manning....)
Dont think TB would berate the guy who asked him. It's like living in Bizzaro world where the country thinks PM a down to earth good guy and TB is a cheating phony.

Published in 2016...at this point there were plenty of mouth breathers who felt that Manning’s second SB victory (and second victory where won despite crapping his pants) put him ahead in the GOAT debate. These are comparable to the illiterates who insist enter the earth was flat long after it wasn’t proven otherwise.

Peyton Manning went to kiss Papa Johns and advertise Budweiser immediately right after the Super Bowl. The guy's entire public persona is fake, and probably why he is more liked among casual NFL fans because they all fall for his "aw shucks" shtick, the type of guy a casual fan would like to have a beer with.

Now I wouldn't care what Peyton's public image is or how he behaves in the spotlight but man, when Brady and the Patriots got dragged into dirt for DeflateGate while Peyton "HGH" Manning can shrug off controversies one after another with Colts/Broncos fans coming in swarms defending him...

Peyton Manning went to kiss Papa Johns and advertise Budweiser immediately right after the Super Bowl. The guy's entire public persona is fake, and probably why he is more liked among casual NFL fans because they all fall for his "aw shucks" shtick, the type of guy a casual fan would like to have a beer with.

Now I wouldn't care what Peyton's public image is or how he behaves in the spotlight but man, when Brady and the Patriots got dragged into dirt for DeflateGate while Peyton "HGH" Manning can shrug off controversies one after another with Colts/Broncos fans coming in swarms defending him...

I’d say the “I’m gonna go drink a Budweiser” was probably the most revealing moment of his career. Literally his last game and should be an epic emotional moment, and he pitches a $2 beer for money. I hate Manning, but in that moment, I wanted to see him and wanted him to be happy leaving the game with a championship and give some epic speech about what it means to him. “I need a Budweiser.” What a total fraud and loser. As I said before, the same American public that loves Manning also vote for the politicians we all hate.

Just more about we’ve always known here, that Brady is a really good guy while Manning is a total d-bag, despite the heavy media spin the other way.

Gary Myers wrote a book about the Brady-Manning rivalry and wanted to interview each of them.

Brady drove him around and patiently answered his questions, coming across as very down-to-earth...after Myers finished his questions, Brady asked Myers a bunch of questions about his book, took a genuine interest, and asked if he could help him, offering to set up an interview with Forehead.

Manning tried to blow off the book as much as possible before succumbing to paranoia that the book would be one-sided with Brady’s “take.” So he finally had Myers come to his Frankenstein dungeon and acted like a total jackass, a fifteen minute interview and wouldn’t even sit down with him in the cafeteria. He then called upon his personal jackass assistant/PED whistle blower fixer to break up the discussion. Myers notes that other sportswriters are aware that Manning is a control freak. Manning was still recovering from a strained vag1na injury a few years back when Myers asked if the Broncos felt embarrassed after being annihilated by the Seahawks, after several players used that word. Manning had a hissy fit. Stand up guy.

NFL author: Peyton Manning uncooperative, control freak, Tom Brady genuine

strained vag1na injury

LMAO

People compare BB and Saban all of the time, I detect similar differences.

People compare BB and Saban all of the time, I detect similar differences.

I don't. They are good friends, having coached together on and off over their careers.

I don't. They are good friends, having coached together on and off over their careers.
I think BB is genuine and the real deal. I think Saban is a poser hard as$ who is benefiting greatly off Bear Bryant, Alabama legacy, and a few good seasons. He is letting his money work for him at this point. The best thing Saban does is discipline his uber talent. He is a grossly overrated coach. His jerk attitude towards college media is not comparable to BB's withdrawn, don't give an inch, mostly passive attitude to the NFL bloodsuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes