Game Thoughts: U Mad Bro Super Bowl Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here we go:

• First and foremost, congrats to the entire Patriots organization. This is a great f*** you to all the media and other teams fans who blasted this team for the last two weeks and everyone who left this team for dead after week four. This team showed more heart than any team the Pats had since maybe the 2001 team.
  • I think the debate is over. Tom Brady is the best QB ever. I know people will say Montana never lost a Super Bowl, but I don't get that. Montana went four years in a row being one and done in the playoffs. You telling me that is better than losing two Super Bowls?
  • Kudos to the o-line. Yes, Brady's quick release was big in neutralizing the Seahawks' pass rush, but I thought they had a solid game most of all. Congrats to the much maligned Nate Solder who saved the Super Bowl to have his best game of the year. No matter who lined up on his and whatever move they tried, Solder won the battle most of the night.
  • I don't what this win makes me happier not to hear again - Patriots haters saying the Pats haven't won since Spygate or Patriots "fans" who complain about Belichick the GM who blast every move he makes using how the Pats haven't won Super Bowl in a decade. Both those groups need to be silent now. But at least the Jets haters have the Jets have won a Super Bowl since Watergate to fall back on.
  • While on that subject, time to declare the Mankins trade a win. Yes, Tim Wright has entered the Witness Protection Program, but as Miguel pointed out, without the cap space from the Mankins trade, the Pats don't get guys like Branch, Ayers, Blount, etc. The Pats' o-line was fine in the playoffs and some of these players were instrumental at least times in the Super Bowl run.
  • I thought the game plans coming into the game were perfect. The first half was a complete domination by the Patriots in every area other than the score. Stupid mistakes were the difference in making this a tie game at halftime (Brady's pick, Arrington's face mask penalty).
  • I know Brady had two stupid decision INTs, but he was great tonight otherwise. He completed 74% of his passes for 328 yards and got 4 TDs against the best defense in the NFL. The Seahawks were totally frustrated. They couldn't figure out a way to get to him and they were lost in coverage at times.
  • Kudos to Malcolm Butler for making the play of his career (and it will be the play of his career even if he plays another ten years). He is the epitome of a Patriot. A guy no one wanted in the draft, overcame huge odds to even make the team, and makes a key play in a big game. He would have fit in well with the Patriots teams of 2001-2004.
  • I have to say the Seahawks are a bunch of thugs who are the sorest losers I have ever seen. The way they acted at the end of the game was shameful. Sherman was a major a-hole especially when Revis gave up the TD (wasn't Revis' fault the ref set a pick).
  • When Kearse caught that pass that Butler broke up and never touched the ground, I had horrible David Tyree flashback. Thank the Football Gods that they allowed a little Patriots karma come in with the Patriots INT.
  • Still don't know what the Seahawks were thinking on that passing play on the one at the end of the game. I know Pete Carroll said that they knew they had two more downs, but they were on the one where they either wanted to score or eat up clock. Running Marshawn Lynch was the best chance of both. It was almost like they wanted to have Russell Wilson show off Brady for passing the game winning TD. At the very least, they could have had Lynch in the back field to make the Pats think run. Stupid, stupid call no matter how you look at it.
  • For all the talk about Revis being useless in this game, it was clear he was a big piece. He basically shut down Baldwin (other than the ref pick play in the end zone). It made the defense able to handle Marshawn Lynch and the running game. In the first half, he had a very pedestrian 3.8 yards per carry. And let's not forget Wilson didn't complete a pass until halfway through the second quarter.

Things unfolded in the most bizarre ways.......

The first Brady int wound up knocking out lane.....the passing game openings improved greatly after that.......Edelman played to the whistle and turned a loss into a win

Amendola is worth it

The defense forced a bunch of punts and made a big play when it matters most

The Seahawks run is over....hedging in prayers has run its course

Patriots for ever

Forgot one.

I agree with Belichick. Edelman is more like Deion Branch. He is far more vertical than Welker. Welker was all about short yardage over the middle and making YAC. Both Deion and Jules make much more outside and vertical catches. They all are/were YAC guys, but achieved it different ways.

I definitely owe TB12 an apology for the second interception. I thought he crapped the bed again only to rewatch it and realise that was one hell of a play by Wagner. Wagner was hidden behind the trenches, looked to be going one way then planted, changed direction and snatched the ball away from Gronk.

Tom, I apologize.

All I can say is it's nice to be on the end of an epic Super Bowl play to seal the deal rather than go home without the chocolates.

one thought about the Avril injury. I really wonder if he gets sent to the lockerroom for concussion protocol if it was a tied game. At the time, everything was going Seattles way, until it didnt.

That team came in with a lot of injuries, and lost some huge pieces as the game went on. All the credit to Brady for picking them apart when the weakened.

One thing I will say...BB shouldve let lynch score from the 1 with 50secs left. Glad it worked out but if it hadnt BB wouldve been asked this a lot.

one thought about the Avril injury. I really wonder if he gets sent to the lockerroom for concussion protocol if it was a tied game. At the time, everything was going Seattles way, until it didnt.

That team came in with a lot of injuries, and lost some huge pieces as the game went on. All the credit to Brady for picking them apart when the weakened.
Iam sure edelman played with some sort of concussion .He looked dazed after the game.

The Seahawks can dish it, but they can't take it.

Postgame SVN celebrating the Pats huge Super Bowl win...

joe+btfsplk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back