PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FWIW... Demaryius Thomas reinjured his hammy against the Browns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Probably out this week...

Demaryius Thomas Leaves Jets' Debut After Re-Injuring Hamstring

Meanwhile...

peWkyHg.jpg

That sucks. I like the guy.

Me too. But I'm glad he's at least a Jets roster problem now and not a Pats roster problem.

The Pats did him wrong if rumors are true that Thomas agreed to come back to the Pats at a lower salary.

Once Felony AB showed up Thomas was shipped out.

The Pats did him wrong if rumors are true that Thomas agreed to come back to the Pats at a lower salary.

Thomas sucks and is washed. We didn't lose anything by trading him.

...after catching 1 ball for -1 yard....

Thomas old contract was guaranteed.

His new contract was incentive laden and not garuntted.

That performance appeared to be enough for Thomas to make the roster, but he had a cap number of $2,906,250 that was fully guaranteed if he made the roster. The Patriots did not feel comfortable with that number for Thomas, who returned this summer coming off a torn Achilles.

Patriots reportedly release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who shined in final preseason game

Thats not the point.

If the Pats had a verbal agreement with Thomas NE screwed him to get AB.

Thomas old contract was guaranteed.

His new contract was incentive laden and not garuntted.

That performance appeared to be enough for Thomas to make the roster, but he had a cap number of $2,906,250 that was fully guaranteed if he made the roster. The Patriots did not feel comfortable with that number for Thomas, who returned this summer coming off a torn Achilles.

Patriots reportedly release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas, who shined in final preseason game

If you want to look at it that way, he didn't make the roster so nothing was guaranteed. By bringing him back he was getting paid something which is decidedly more than nothing. They could have cut him and not brought him back.

Also, I may be wrong, but I thought he had this lingering hamstring issue for a long time. So the achilles injury aside, there was health concerns for him regardless.

Thats not the point.

If the Pats had a verbal agreement with Thomas NE screwed him to get AB.

You and I have no idea what kind of agreement the Pats had with him. Only what the talking heads spew, and we all know how reliable that is. The Pats can't "screw" (in your words) him unless you can document that they absolutely reneged on an agreement without his approval.

Figured we knew he wasn't fully healthy.

"Felony"? When has he been charged with committing a felony? You're watching (or listening to) fake news again.

I can see it now....HamstringGate....cue the haters.

Orange juice is outdated.

"Felony"? When has he been charged with committing a felony? You're watching (or listening to) fake news again.
Don’t feed the trolls

Thomas will end up getting released by the jets once they are about 2-7 and go to a different team and make an impact down the stretch.

Repeat after me: Antonio Brown and Demaryius Thomas have nothing to do with one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes