PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun read: Does Brady still have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still feels like there’s a tiny bit of salt from Drew when he’s asked about Tom...or maybe it’s just me reading into it

Still feels like there’s a tiny bit of salt from Drew when he’s asked about Tom...or maybe it’s just me reading into it

Didn’t see that at all...

Bledsoe: He's better now than he was five years ago.

That was an interesting read- no hot takes, just honest assessments.

That was actually quite a good read. Two points that stood out to me...
From Warren Moon:
The numbers are starting to show that there's a deterioration coming. Especially when you talk about the blitzing because that's something he used to really excel at. You do start to lose some of your reflexes and responses. I started to figure that out later on in my career, too. Even though your mind knows where you should be going, sometimes your body just doesn't react as fast. You're starting to see some of that with him.
From Darren Woodson:
When the Patriots played the Green Bay Packers, people were saying that if Aaron Rodgers played for Bill Belichick, he'd have five, six, seven Super Bowl rings. There's something to be said about the mental toughness. Physically, yeah, there's better quarterbacks in this league than Tom Brady. Physically, that can make the throws, throw off-platform, throw the ball 100 miles and are probably more accurate. But the mental toughness that he plays with—that's where he separates himself from everyone. The ability to go out week in and week out, under pressure, play at that level, play in that many AFC Championship Games, play a full schedule of 19, 20 games and then come back the next year and play another 20 games—under the toughest, most grind-it-out coach in the history of the game—in Bill Belichick, no one can do that. That speaks to who he is. No way is Aaron Rodgers is going to deal with Bill Belichick for that amount of time without his ego popping up.

(Edited to get the right Woodson.)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: sb1
Woodson is spot on.

Brady is a different cat than most and that’s a good thing. Imagine Rodgers falsely accused of cheating by the media and his employer and suspended? Most would fold under the pressure and certainly not win Super Bowls or MVPs. Only one can do that.

Brady’s mental toughness and longetivity makes him undisputed GOAT as much as 5 rings do. His physical toughness is criminally underrated too.

Last edited:
Didn’t see that at all...

Bledsoe: He's better now than he was five years ago.

That was a nice thing to say.

But some of his other comments though like the fact he isn’t getting hit (subtly implying that Drew himself did) plus when has talked about Tom in the past - it still feels to me like he never got over it. Understandable I guess.

I'm going to use this argument when the whole "Rodgers/Belichick" thing comes up.

You could easily do the same with Peyton Manning. No way Manning/BB would work in the long term.

Part of the struggles have been the loss of Lewis and Almendola. Edelman is starting to play better returning from his injury. Gronk looking like Gronk. Gordon blending in on short notice. Finally Patterson was used a deep threat. I don't see Dorsett here next season

I don't get what happened to Hogan. Brady and Hogan missed a TD in Miami. Brady walking back to locker room before half turned back and said something to Hogan.

Good read although it's a little concerning that Moon is starting to see some deterioration in his physical skills (arm, pocket movement, etc).

That was a nice thing to say.

But some of his other comments though like the fact he isn’t getting hit (subtly implying that Drew himself did) plus when has talked about Tom in the past - it still feels to me like he never got over it. Understandable I guess.

I don't read the implication into it that you do. I see that more as a reasoned observation as to why Brady still has plenty left in the tank.

Good read although it's a little concerning that Moon is starting to see some deterioration in his physical skills (arm, pocket movement, etc).

IMO, it's confirmation bias on Moon's part. He is LOOKING for it.....dunno if he is really SEEING it.

Right now, I see more mental fatigue than anything. Him being unaware there were no timeouts against the dolphins and locking in on Edelman and Gronk is a bit concerning. Fortunately, these are correctible.

IMO, it's confirmation bias on Moon's part. He is LOOKING for it.....dunno if he is really SEEING it.

I hope that's the case, but Moon probably has forgotten more about what to look for with a QB's mechanics than all of this forum combined will ever know.

I hope that's the case, but Moon probably has forgotten more about what to look for with a QB's mechanics than all of this forum combined will ever know.

Agree that Moon has forgotten more than we will ever know. That being said, I marvel at how little ex-players in the media know about our team. For instance, Tedy Bruschi & Willie McGinest really aren't saying anything on the air that we don't already know.

Moon played in a different era...even Bledsoe did...when QB's really got hit and HARD. Nowadays, it could be argued that we will be seeing more QB's play into their 40's given how the game has opened up and for god's sake...Clay Matthews got a flag for a textbook QB sack...

If there's anyone I'd lend credence to in that round table, it would be House...he is backing up his comments with scientific data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back