PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fun read: Does Brady still have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady's fine, more than fine. I think any assessment of Brady this year needs to consider what's happening around him. For a variety of reasons, neither Gronk nor Edelman have not played up to what we are used to seeing from them. Those are his guys. At running back, Michel and Burkhead have worked through injuries. Gordon is still learning. But this is where Brady is at his most valuable, bringing the offense along, maximizing what he has.

Was Moon designated to be the turd in the punch bowl, or did he just do it naturally?

Ehh, I don't want to shoot the messenger too quickly. You know my thoughts about Brady in general. Moon could have either had a pinch of salt too much in his morning routine or he may have actually been trying to be unbiased and may be looking at things that we aren't. Time will tell. Brady's play in January should tell us a lot about what the answer to that is (assuming his crop of receivers keep rounding into form).

Brady went through a three-game stretch this season that wasn't so good, from games 8-10. He's then gone on a tear.

Games 8-10: 72-121 (59.5%), 872 yds (7.2 ypa), 1 td, 0 int, 84.5 rating
Games 11-13: 71-106 (67.0%), 952 yds (9.0 ypa), 6 td, 1 int, 110.3 rating

I'd say....the dude still has it.

DAMN STRAIGHT He does!

2ovzlj.jpg

That bullet throw ~40 yards down the seam to Patterson, on a rope and right on the money, was one maybe the best throw I've seen TB12 make this year.

Maybe he can't do that as often as he used to, but that was a piece of beauty. It was the kind of throw that I recall some other fading QBs not being able to make after they hit their walls (Marino, Manning, Elway, etc.)

Also, for those whining about Moon, he didn’t say Brady was trash, or didn’t have it anymore, etc. He said that he saw signs of coming deterioration. You all are way more salty than Moon was.

Brady went through a three-game stretch this season that wasn't so good, from games 8-10. He's then gone on a tear.

Games 8-10: 72-121 (59.5%), 872 yds (7.2 ypa), 1 td, 0 int, 84.5 rating
Games 11-13: 71-106 (67.0%), 952 yds (9.0 ypa), 6 td, 1 int, 110.3 rating

I think you mean 12-14, but yeah. Coincides with getting both Mason and Gronk back.

House: This generation of quarterback has hit the perfect crease. The Germans call it zeitgeist. The Marinos and the Montanas probably had the same drive. They probably had similar tools. But what they didn't have was the current science, the current research that allows them to do something long term biomechanically better, long term physically better, long term mentally and emotionally, and long term with nutrition and sleep for recovery. It's the perfect storm, and the generation that's coming behind them is going to be even better because science doesn't stand still.

I like when people say things like this to sound smart.

I think you mean 12-14, but yeah. Coincides with getting both Mason and Gronk back.

No I meant games 11-13. Maybe you mean WEEKS 12-14? The Pats have only played 13 games. Three to go.

But yeah, your main point stands.

No I meant games 11-13. Maybe you mean WEEKS 12-14? The Pats have only played 13 games. Three to go.

But yeah, your main point stands.

Gotcha. I thought you were talking about weeks. Overall, though, the point is still correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back