PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent LB Jason Worilds retires to dedicate his life to religion

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
OT: Free agent LB Jason Worilds retires

He would have really cashed in, but some things are more important than money.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with all these players retiring in their earning years?..Orton, Locker, Willis...

I respect their decisions but just seems odd.

Concussion suit redux?

Why is it either or? A ton of the guys in the NFL are super religious and do charity for religions in their spare time. He would have a much bigger platform and more money to use if he stayed in the NFL.

I mean Tebow is as religious as they come and he didn't think it was conflict. Whatever he wants to do though.

Why is it either or? A ton of the guys in the NFL are super religious and do charity for religions in their spare time. He would have a much bigger platform and more money to use if he stayed in the NFL.

I mean Tebow is as religious as they come and he didn't think it was conflict. Whatever he wants to do though.

It's almost like the way religious ideology is interpreted and manifests is highly personal.

Anyone remember Glen Coffee?

"To dedicate his life to religion."

Can you picture Jesus breaking the huddle?

Would he be able to get open on the 9-route?

Step up Bob Kraft ... build him a church of his own at Patriot Place ... sign the beast.

Good for him, much better than signing a big contract and taking the money if you aren't committed. I hope he doesn't end up regretting it down the line.

I would prefer Jesus at CB right now.

Looks to have a good lean frame for it. You've seen him in that last supper picture and he seems to have a good size wing span. 1 year vet min for a chance to win a ring this year?

I would prefer Jesus at CB right now.

Looks to have a good lean frame for it. You've seen him in that last supper picture and he seems to have a good size wing span. 1 year vet min for a chance to win a ring this year?
jesus_football.jpg

Interesting.

I'll let you know if I answer my door and see Worilds standing there with JW literature here in Pittsburgh any time soon. That would be a trip.

Here are Jesus' numbers.

Height - 6 feet (give or take)
Weight - 180 (give or take)
Vertical - at least up to the clouds.. 15,000 feet maybe?
Broad Jump - DNP
40 - 60 seconds (but did it carrying a pretty big cross)
3 cone shuffle - DNP
Bench - DNP (but probably pretty strong).

Breakdown

Positives - Has every intangible you could ask for. Selfless. Puts the team first. Seems to make miracles happen on the field. Foot work is pretty incredible with ability to have great footing in every game situation particularly wet ones. Solid team leader and will no doubt be elected a captain. Good work ethic and very knowledgeable about the game and pretty much everything else.

Negatives - lacks a mean streak. No NFL experience to this date so is raw. Age is a concern but is not getting any older.

I say 1 year prove it deal and if he looks good extend him mid year.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back