PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fred Cusick passes

....RIP Fred....

n80380252413_603.jpg

watched Fred on the black and white TV back in the day with the rabbit ears. I think it's more than fair to say I learned the game from Fred. Watching hockey was tough in the 70's ... no cable then. The announcer was a huge part of the game back then and Fred was flawless.

He has been "retired" for a few seasons but every time I watch a game on TV his voice always somehow morph into his voice...simply unmatched in quality by anyone on the radio or TV in Boston today.

And he has a connection that rings through to the Patriots: he was their first color commentator and got to call their first game back on September 9th, 1960 at Nickerson Field on the old 590 WEEI. He was with the Patriots for their first five season.

Greatest Bruins voice of alltime, and one of the best sports voices of my lifetime. RIP Fred.

Always remember the '70 season, loved Fred Cusick then.. somehow I stopped following hockey, reminded me of the hockey version of Curt Gowdy... sans cowboy hat.

He and Johnny Pearson were a very good pair, think that was his name.

Always remember the '70 season, loved Fred Cusick then.. somehow I stopped following hockey, reminded me of the hockey version of Curt Gowdy... sans cowboy hat.

He and Johnny Pearson were a very good pair, think that was his name.

We would practice our wrist shots in street hockey ... because Johnny said it was the best.

Greatest Bruins voice of alltime, and one of the best sports voices of my lifetime. RIP Fred.

Loved Fred... But, gonna haveta disagree with you above, as Bob Wilson > Fred Cusick...

There were many, MANY nights that I muted the Bruins telecast and put Wilson and Bucyk on for audio support. ... This had a lot to do with the nauseating color analysis of Derek Sanderson than a reflection on Fred, however.

Still, Wilson's hockey voice was second to none.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back