PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fournette & henderson jr working out for patriots today

Hopefully just due diligence (shadow roster) updating incase of injury. I want to see Strong/Harris get a shot 1st. They both were productive in college, especially Strong.

Watched all the Tamper games last season. Lenny was terrible as a runner.
No upside.
Try someone new who at least we can kid ourselves into imagining has some upside.

If the Pats want to lose yardage on 3rd and 1 then Fournette is our guy
I wonder how much Fournette's awfulness last year could be attributed to the atrocious play calling and refusal to adjust (both Leftwich and Bowles to blame). I'd imagine he'd be equally as bad under Patricia too, but this year could be different.

Id be happy with signing Lenny. Make sure his ass stays in shape though. Hes got soft hands and can power when he wants to. Would be a very good complement to Rham.

Agree….I looked. I’m having flashbacks of Steven Jackson. It’s not necessarily age…just that he’s not good now.

Elliot and Cook > Fournette
Sure, and they will likely cost a lot more.

Hopefully just due diligence (shadow roster) updating incase of injury. I want to see Strong/Harris get a shot 1st. They both were productive in college, especially Strong.
I do NOT think that Belichick think that we have enough with Strong and Harris, despite their COLLEGE careers.

If Stevenson misses any time, we'd have one of the very worst group of RB's in the NFL.

Belichick knew we needed a RB. He took a shot with Robinson. That didn't work out. Now, Bill is in the market again.
===============

I do NOT think that Belichick think that we have enough with Strong and Harris, despite their COLLEGE careers.

If Stevenson misses any time, we'd have one of the very worst group of RB's in the NFL.

Belichick knew we needed a RB. He took a shot with Robinson. That didn't work out. Now, Bill is in the market again.
===============
I’ve never understood the idea of not signing a player so a job can be handed to someone. If strong is a better option than whoever we sign he will get the playing time.
It’s about competition for jobs and roles. You never pass on a player because he might be better than the guy you already have.

He averaged 3.5 yards per carry behind the 28th rated OL, and he's 28. He may still have enough tread left to be a part time limited # of carries kind of guy.

Last edited:
He averaged 3.5 yards per carry behind the 28th rated OL, and he's 28. He might still have enough tread to be a part time limited # of carries kind of guy.

Larry Fournette has fumbled only 4 times in his career and 2 fumbles were in his rookie season.

His hands are great with an 88% catch rate.

Familiar with concepts in the NE offense having played with Brady.

He also had more receptions last season than anybody on the Patriots roster. He’s almost automatic catching out of the backfield. He fills a role, you’re not going to run Stevenson into the ground

Leonard Fournette is a magician. No other RB is so sure to magically turn 3rd and 1 into turnover-on-downs in just 2 plays.

He's never lived up to his draft position, but he's sort of a poor man's Rhamondre at this point, which could be fine. If you're looking for depth that can play 10-15 snaps a game to keep Stevenson fresh, he can do that without telegraphing to the defense what you're going to do while he's in there. I'm more in favor of waiting until camp to see how Strong/Harris look, then (if they don't look good) signing whichever vet back is still looking for a home. But in a vacuum as a player, they could do worse than Fournette.

I too would wait until camp draws to an end before signing somebody like Fournette, injuries notwithstanding of course.

Somebody like Dalvin Cook or Zeke Eliot, on the other hand, we can use Right Now because we still don't have a proven 3rd-Down Back in the building, a year-1/2 after James White played his last snap here.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back