PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriots RB John Stephens arrested for rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Tunescribe: I will never go away. His victims will never go away. He maybe dead and not raping women any more but he left a string of victims behind to live their nightmares. You want proof? Call the Jackson County Police Dept in Independence, MO and ask about John M. Stephens and the rape case against him on January 8, 1994. You want an address where he raped me? I will give that to you too if it will make it real for you. Do you want the time that Detective Rast showed up at my apartment while I was puking in the bathroom? Trust me tunescribe, it plays over and over in my head. I don't care how much therapy I have had, it never goes away. Never........

You have never experienced such a horrific violent act, but when you want to shove it under the rug instead of bringing the truth to light then what does that say about you?

To Tunescribe: I will never go away. His victims will never go away. He maybe dead and not raping women any more but he left a string of victims behind to live their nightmares. You want proof? Call the Jackson County Police Dept in Independence, MO and ask about John M. Stephens and the rape case against him on January 8, 1994. You want an address where he raped me? I will give that to you too if it will make it real for you. Do you want the time that Detective Rast showed up at my apartment while I was puking in the bathroom? Trust me tunescribe, it plays over and over in my head. I don't care how much therapy I have had, it never goes away. Never........

You have never experienced such a horrific violent act, but when you want to shove it under the rug instead of bringing the truth to light then what does that say about you?

I am sorry for what you have been through and it sounds like you are continuing to allow him to victimize you. If you still are affected by this everyday, then I strongly recommend that you seek a therapist who practices NLP. Not a normal therapist who wants you to constantly relive the experience, but NLP which can be very effective dealing with traumatic memories. Normal therapists can make things worse for traumatic memories and can turn people into lifelong victims.

Good luck and I wish you well.

Please re-read my post and also that of Dr. Pain. We sympathize, but this is a football messageboard, not a sounding board for victims of violent crime whose transgressors are dead. Perhaps you should channel your energies into one of the many organizations promoting awareness of violence against women. If you want to join in other discussions about Patriots football, we certainly welcome you.

Dr. Pain, I thank you for your support and I will look into your suggestions in NLP.

To Tunescribe: I thank you for your support as well but if you look back to the beginning, I never started this thread, I didn't say anything until the end of the 2nd page. If you didn't want it sounded here, how come you didn't jump on this on page one or the beginning of page two? You waited and jumped on me for bringing the info real. Again, I thank you, but if patriots own fans started this thread to begin with then anyone should be able to speak freely good or bad.

Dr. Pain, I thank you for your support and I will look into your suggestions in NLP.

To Tunescribe: I thank you for your support as well but if you look back to the beginning, I never started this thread, I didn't say anything until the end of the 2nd page. If you didn't want it sounded here, how come you didn't jump on this on page one or the beginning of page two? You waited and jumped on me for bringing the info real. Again, I thank you, but if patriots own fans started this thread to begin with then anyone should be able to speak freely good or bad.

The one who is responsible for this thread now is the one that dug it back up not I who started it since it was breaking news back then,I started this thread in May,It should have stayed in the archives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please re-read my post and also that of Dr. Pain. We sympathize, but this is a football messageboard, not a sounding board for victims of violent crime whose transgressors are dead. Perhaps you should channel your energies into one of the many organizations promoting awareness of violence against women. If you want to join in other discussions about Patriots football, we certainly welcome you.
No offense, but you don't sound "sympathetic" at all. Assuming that she isn't legit is assuming the worst about a person you don't even know, and it comes off as incredibly insensitive.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is relevant to the Patriots. It's about a former Patriots player who committed a string of horrific crimes. If you don't want to hear about it, then go to another thread.

By the way, you may be right that Stephens is a human being, but it is not your place to tell a rape victim how she should view her perpetrator.

As far as the thread being dug up, I'll never understand why people complain about it. Why create a whole new thread to update us about Stephens when you can back and use the same one? I would have never known he was dead if someone didn't resurrect this thread.

No offense, but you don't sound "sympathetic" at all. Assuming that she isn't legit is assuming the worst about a person you don't even know, and it comes off as incredibly insensitive.

As far as I'm concerned, this thread is relevant to the Patriots. It's about a former Patriots player who committed a string of horrific crimes. If you don't want to hear about it, then go to another thread.

By the way, you may be right that Stephens is a human being, but it is not your place to tell a rape victim how she should view her perpetrator.

As far as the thread being dug up, I'll never understand why people complain about it. Why create a whole new thread to update us about Stephens when you can back and use the same one? I would have never known he was dead if someone didn't resurrect this thread.

There was no assumption on my part that the poster was not legit, though to question as much is reasonable in light of what was posted. I'm sympathetic insofar as any victim's plight is concerned.

To The Comeback: Thank you. God Bless You and truly, I Thank You! The Angels in Heaven are watching over you. You spoke from your heart, with loving compassion and understanding. When I read what you had to say, I cried. Again, with great humility, thank you for your loving support.

Tunescribe: It's easy NOT to talk about such things. What's hard is to talk about it. I want you to just think for a moment. I could have been your mother, sister, wife or daughter. I have compassion for John's family even though I cannot feel anything for John. I would hope that if this ever happened to one of your family members that you would not tell them to just go an join a support group some where but I don't want to hear about it. I have compassion for you Tunescribe although I feel you have very little for me and that's okay. I wish you happy holidays and wish you well.

The Comeback: May you be blessed this holiday season and many more years to come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes