PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Patriots Chris Eitzmann dead at 44. (Died in December) Gone too early.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm mentioning this now because I didn't see anything pop on a search here and the Atlantic just did an article on him. Chris died on December 29th due to Alcohol Addiction complications. His brain was donated to BC's CTE Research.

Chris Eitzmann was a part of the Patriots 2000 draft class. He was roommates with Brady, Chatham, and David Nugent at the Townhouse that Brady bought from Ty Law. . Eitzmann played 5 games for the Patriots in 2000 before being IRed with a rib injury.

I also wanted to mention Eitzmann because it turns out that he was one of the guys always working with Brady during their rookie year.

“I’d run routes, he’d throw and we’d basically go until I couldn’t go anymore. He’d always want to keep going longer, but I’m like, at some point my legs are dying and I can’t do this.”

Chatham, who signed with the Pats after spending two years with the St. Louis Rams without getting into a game, joined them for post-practice work.

“Chris and I battled constantly in these things they called ‘opportunity periods,'” Chatham said. “We’d go half-line, which is one half of an offensive line versus one half of a defensive line, and we’d go play after play after play. He was a big challenge.

“Brady and him would wear each other out. It was a who’s-going-to-quit-first kind of thing.”

Sad news, RIP !

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back