PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For every Malcolm Butler, there's a Brandon Bostick

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/26/brandon-bostick-nfc-championship-game-onside-kick/

He's the Packer that f***ed up the onside kick.

I don’t know how many death threats I received, but there have been a lot. I still haven’t read most of the messages that people sent me, but I want to so I can deal with the consequences and use it as motivation. But it is physically impossible for me to read every troll’s comment; the volume is simply too much. So their comments sit there, untouched, maybe forever.

He messed up, he should have blocked for Nelson make the pick.

But if any serious Packers fans or media folks wants to witch hunt and point fingers to someone should not be Bostick.

By the way, the Packers would have been knocked the fuk down in the SB , Brady would eat that secondary alive and throw 6 TDs.

Mike McCarthy being conservative to the point of it being detrimental to the team put the guy in that position. You have Aaron Rodgers and kick what was it? 2 or 3 FGs when the ball was inside the 5 (maybe even from the 1?)? Ridiculous.

There's one guy to blame and it isn't Bostick - he, in fact the team, shouldn't have been in a position where the Seahawks needed an onside kick.

I agree he messed up and he should have blocked, but....Death threats!!!??? That is more messed up than missing a block in a game (even if it is the NFCCG). What the hell is wrong with people? If you care "that" much about a game that you are going to threaten a person's life, you have big problems and should find some new interests.

I agree he messed up and he should have blocked, but....Death threats!!!??? That is more messed up than missing a block in a game (even if it is the NFCCG). What the hell is wrong with people? If you care "that" much about a game that you are going to threaten a person's life, you have big problems and should find some new interests
I do see it as just a game, however, I need to point it out to you that some people do put obscene amount of money on some of these games and when they lose that money the object of their ire is often towards people like Bostick. To some people, sports is a matter of life and death. Wherever the amount of money that changes hands reaches the level of that the NFL operates at, just know that it seizes to be just a game to a lot of people.

I hear it all the time, it is just a game.... No it is not. Badminton is just a game.

That's ****ed up. Extremely classless by those Packers fans. I'd like to think our fanbase is better than that. Yeah he ****ed up but that could happen to anyone. The way that ball bounces anything can happen and making an awkward catch like that is tough. Hope he can shake that reputation and be more than the guy who botched that kick.

Bad coaching is the reason he wasn't blocking. Does anyone think that would happen if Bostick played the same role on our team?

This sucks. People have been killed for less, like over a parking spot. There's really no reason to kill someone other than self defense and maybe an adult that tortures a toddler who dies from injuries.

Bad coaching is the reason he wasn't blocking. Does anyone think that would happen if Bostick played the same role on our team?

Well, Logan Ryan did give up a TD with 6 secs left before half time instead of taking a pass interference. Bad coaching too.

Well, Logan Ryan did give up a TD with 6 secs left before half time instead of taking a pass interference. Bad coaching too.

Damn it man. We're supposed to make us look good. What you doing! :p

That's ****ed up. Extremely classless by those Packers fans. I'd like to think our fanbase is better than that. Yeah he ****ed up but that could happen to anyone. The way that ball bounces anything can happen and making an awkward catch like that is tough. Hope he can shake that reputation and be more than the guy who botched that kick.
NE's fan base isn't any better. Remember all the awful tweets sent to Torrey Smith after his brother's death?

This is the negative side of the internet and social media. It goes along with the story recently about Curt Schilling. If someone believes they are anonymous, the darkest and most depraved portions of their personality that they've been burying for years will come out.

NE's fan base isn't any better. Remember all the awful tweets sent to Torrey Smith after his brother's death?

I'd consider those people as internet trolls more than anything. Not Pats fans.

Every team's fans will have some wackos that lower themselves to this behavior. I mean, would you really be surprised if you heard that Buckner received death threats from Boston fans?

Sure, you'd be disgusted and disappointed, but surprised? I think not. It's a crazy world and some of them crazies are your own neighbors.

Mike McCarthy being conservative to the point of it being detrimental to the team put the guy in that position. You have Aaron Rodgers and kick what was it? 2 or 3 FGs when the ball was inside the 5 (maybe even from the 1?)? Ridiculous.

There's one guy to blame and it isn't Bostick - he, in fact the team, shouldn't have been in a position where the Seahawks needed an onside kick.
I find it hard to say that a coaching strategy that led to only needing to recover an onside kick to get to the SB (or stop them after they recovered it, or win in OT) was horrific.
I know everyone likes to criticize conservative, but conservative wins more than gambling.

I'd consider those people as internet trolls more than anything. Not Pats fans.
Do you consider the messages Bostick got to be from just internet trolls and not Packers fans, too?

Every team's fans will have some wackos that lower themselves to this behavior. I mean, would you really be surprised if you heard that Buckner received death threats from Boston fans?

Sure, you'd be disgusted and disappointed, but surprised? I think not. It's a crazy world and some of them crazies are your own neighbors.

Bartman had to change his name and move away

GB should've never put themselves in that position. They won the turn-over battle in that game!

I do see it as just a game, however, I need to point it out to you that some people do put obscene amount of money on some of these games and when they lose that money the object of their ire is often towards people like Bostick. To some people, sports is a matter of life and death. Wherever the amount of money that changes hands reaches the level of that the NFL operates at, just know that it seizes to be just a game to a lot of people.

I hear it all the time, it is just a game.... No it is not. Badminton is just a game.

People like that should kill themselves and do the rest of us a favor.

Also, what about the integrity of the game. The "leader" of the NFL makes sure all the injury reports and point spreads are in place so all the sick gamblers can bet and do who knows what trying to influence the game. If the league really had any integrity they would do everything they could to squash illegal gambling, keep injury reports secret, disallow point spreads from being published etc.

Of course there is no integrity, that's the open secret. They'll end up with a big scandal one of these days with players fixing the injury report, refs throwing games etc.

I wonder how many would be suspended if Clueless Clouseau imposed the Paul Hornung standard for betting on games and associating with gamblers?

Good point about the gambling. Yet another messed up thing humans do.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back