PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Footballs nailed to pole near Goodell's house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it's a summer home type deal.
Oh I agree, but if I am at my family's summer home, I am outside on the porch or down at the public beach as much as possible, not to mention sampling all of the local restaurants. How can he do that now? Didn't a Pats fan confront him in a store in ME the summer after Deflategate happened? Whatever, I'm glad he feels uncomfortable and hope he does sell the house eventually. Who needs him around here?

Nailed it

Screen-Shot-2017-02-08-at-1.16.53-PM.png

Last edited:
I think it's time we finally move on

We just won the SB despite Tommy being out 4 games... we won the war.

No We did not win the war. Fraudger Gotohell can do whatever he wants for reasons. Article 46 says so and the federal court agreed with it. At the end of the day despite winning the superbowl we are down a first and 4th round pick. How much easier would this one have been or going foward with that kind of talent not On our team? The sad truth is we lost and that's why I will never move on because unless we keep fighting he will do it again.

We did, but usually there is a treaty where the loser has to agree he lost and apologize to the victor. We haven't seen that yet.

and now comes the war criminal trial followed by capital punishment. The war may be over but answering to war crimes committed by this shytheel haven't even begun yet.

No We did not win the war. Fraudger Gotohell can do whatever he wants for reasons. Article 46 says so and the federal court agreed with it. At the end of the day despite winning the superbowl we are down a first and 4th round pick. How much easier would this one have been or going foward with that kind of talent not On our team? The sad truth is we lost and that's why I will never move on because unless we keep fighting he will do it again.

Agreed, and it is why I am hoping that Brady pursues a defamation case.

A REAL court of law deciding in Brady's favor vs a kangaroo NFL* court where Goodell got to be judge, jury, and Omissicutioner, would end any semblance of an argument from the haters.

It is not my money of course, and it would be Tom's decision, but I think there is a lot if evidence supporting him, and I think the NFL* would be anxious to settle out of court with some sort of admission of wrongdoing, and return of picks, and a lesser monetary award, rather than have their embarrassing inner workings exposed.

Agreed, and it is why I am hoping that Brady pursues a defamation case.

A REAL court of law deciding in Brady's favor vs a kangaroo NFL* court where Goodell got to be judge, jury, and Omissicutioner, would end any semblance of an argument from the haters.

It is not my money of course, and it would be Tom's decision, but I think there is a lot if evidence supporting him, and I think the NFL* would be anxious to settle out of court with some sort of admission of wrongdoing, and return of picks, and a lesser monetary award, rather than have their embarrassing inner workings exposed.
The problem with the defamation case, which I would LOVE to see filed, is there is a statue of limitations which is fast approaching. I think it's like 2 or 3 years so if it's not filed soon it won't be and after all this time....while it's not what I would do i think Tom is over it and wants to move on focusing on football. Having lost the war I think it's a fair question to ask what would Fraudger do if Tom did file such a case? Again while I disagree with it moving on does put that crap to bed.

FYI...Goodell's house in Maine is in a community that where the roads are gated but it is easily accessible by foot. It is along side of a walking path on Prout's Neck. I live in Scarborough and have walked past the house many times. It seems to be usually unoccupied.

Did you leave any fingerprints on the nails?

I'd say it's mixed. As it goes on, Goodell and the NFL loses more and more in public opinion. Legally, Goodell technically won in he had the right to do what he damn well pleases, but the courts never justified Goodell was morally right. In fact, Berman ruled he did not.

I'd predict for at least the next two season, Goodell is going to be very careful before he penalizes the Pats, knowing what the backlash will be. He will want an airtight (pardon the pun) case.

The problem with the defamation case, which I would LOVE to see filed, is there is a statue of limitations which is fast approaching. I think it's like 2 or 3 years so if it's not filed soon it won't be and after all this time....while it's not what I would do i think Tom is over it and wants to move on focusing on football. Having lost the war I think it's a fair question to ask what would Fraudger do if Tom did file such a case? Again while I disagree with it moving on does put that crap to bed.
Also, with his mother's health a concern, I'm not sure he wants to be tied up in court. And defamation cases are messy and difficult to win if you a public figure.

Why is it that they automatically blame the Pats? Why not Jets fan? Heck, they play so few meaningful games every year, they might have lots of extra footballs laying around.

Last edited:
naw, he's surrounded by folks from away and behind a gate.....neighbors are probably not even football fans

the only patriot fans he has to worry about are the people who take care of the grounds and do his shopping and cleaning....and i am sure they have their ways ;)
So the local guy who cuts his grass could mow F--- You Roger into the lawn?

Yes.
When James White broke the plane in OT on Sunday night, the Patriots formally won the war.
When Kraft gave Goodell an icy stare during the presentation speech and then grabbed the Lombardi from Goodell without saying a word (I don't think he even said "Thank you"), they won the war.
When Brady refused to remain sitting next to Goodell the next morning while Belichick spoke, they won the war.

But, what's the fun of winning a War if you don't get to pillage the enemies' villages and put their leaders in stocks?

If they "won", it was a pyrrhic victory for Goodell and the NFL. With TV ratings down, do they want reminders of what's wrong with their league? Ultimately, I hope the PR critical mass will force the owners to conclude Goodell has made a critical mess.

I'd like more stories out about Brady on his Mom, stuff that most other fans will realize he's clearly not like Armstrong, Bonds, and other sports villans.

I'm surprised he hasn't sold that house. How can he ever enjoy it? He'd have to act like it's a hostage situation and hide in it any time he wants to visit. Maybe he's just waiting out Pats fans for a few years and figures the hype will die down. He don't know us very well, do he?

If anyone has doubts, tell a bunch of older, drunken fans that Ben Dreith is right around the corner...then watch what happens.

Hell, I'd join in too...and I wasn't even alive then.

Seriously, where can I get my shirt? Those shirts are badazz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents