PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football team releases Dwayne Haskins

Why not? Bring him in. ONLY if Bill has already decided that Cam is our QB next year already. The kid has the talent, he just has **** for brains and clearly can’t handle the fame and money.

Maybe sitting behind a guy like Cam for a year, and being indoctrinated into the Patriot way will make big changes for him. If it doesn’t, just another cut reclamation project. No big deal.

They're playing for the division next week? Who starts?

Worth a flier to bring him into camp. If he doesn’t study or practice hard, release him. Maybe this is a wake up call for him. I doubt it, but you never know.

He took snaps in a game that really mattered yesterday afternoon. Then he was somehow on the field dilly dally-ing long after he was benched. I imagine he would have to do something pretty stupid to be cut one game before the end of the season.

little bit shocked that they didn't see what they could get for him in the off season... hes has like 14m guaranteed per over the cap... wonder how much of that the wtf will try to clawback, and/or get to write off because of offsets...

Riverboat Ron just put it to the team no one is safe, everyone is expendable... its a powerful message from the first year WFT head coach

and interestingly enough, WTFs new back up Taylor Heinicke... yup, former Patriot

It's interesting that Urban Meyer went with Haskins instead of Burrow for the starting OSU quarterback. Burrow was on the squad from 2015 through 2017 after garnering all kinds of honors as an Ohio high school player. But he was never given a chance to start for the Buckeyes. One more reason that I would be reluctant to spend the second draft pick on Fields, but the Jets are welcome to.

who would ever consider this for a second? I have batted 1.000 when it comes to picking which top QB's will be busts in the NFL. I said this loud and clear since Haskins was all the rage at OSU. It's easy to see coming and it's sad.

At best he is immature, at worst he is a future Ryan Leaf. Taking pictures with the fans last year while the game was still going on, the strip club, blowing off the media after the game yesterday. He has major issues and I would want no part of him.

Best joke I've seen: "just in, Haskins release party is 1/2 price of what his draft party was. $25 a head".

The team was frustrated that Haskins would go through his progressions incorrectly and with how he'd set protections -- subtle but vital parts of the position. He would tantalize with good quarters, getting into a rhythm reminiscent of his time at Ohio State, when he threw 50 touchdowns to eight interceptions in 2018.

Haskins started Washington's first four games this season but was benched after a 30-10 loss to Baltimore. The coaches did not like how he was preparing during the week, saying it fell way short of the standards for an NFL quarterback. After that Baltimore game, in which Haskins had his first 300-yard passing game, multiple people said they felt he was celebrating that feat in the locker room. The next day Rivera announced his benching.

Washington's coaches were told by Ohio State's coaches that they needed to be patient with Haskins. He had started just 14 games in college and surprised Buckeyes coaches by declaring for the draft.

After he was drafted, the organization preached patience. Multiple people with the team said Haskins needed to sit all season as he learned more about not only Washington's offense but also how to play quarterback at the NFL level. They stressed that he needed to learn how to call plays in the huddle and read defenses at a faster pace, among other things.
Yikes...

Bill should feel more comfortable releasing Harry now.

Going back to Haskins, this is what happens when NFL teams overvalue QB's you've rarely heard of until draft time. Him and Daniel Jones had no business being drafted where they were drafted.

little bit shocked that they didn't see what they could get for him in the off season... hes has like 14m guaranteed per over the cap... wonder how much of that the wtf will try to clawback, and/or get to write off because of offsets...
AFAIK, they can't claw back any of the money they've paid to him.

They're still on the hook for about $4.5M over the next two years, though I suspect that is subject to offsets for money he earns.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back