PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fools gold- prospect that could be bust

I'm not a big Polian fan for several reasons. But I would take his player evaluations more than I would the draft mockers.

Any other Fools gold players that need to be discussed?

Polian built the Bills that went to 4 straight SB and the Seyton led Colts. I'm with you, I'm not a personal fan of his, but you have to respect his opinions when it comes to player personel, especially over the so called "mock experts".

I think Teddy Bridgewater, he just never showed me anything in college.

As for can't miss, I would go with the tackle Robinson from Auburn. I forsee him being a perennial Pro Bowler.

Aaron Donald.....workout warrior of the year.....just not seeing this guy projecting to be much in any scheme

Not that these boards mean anything but I have seen Hageman at 20 and Hageman at 70. A wide variety of opinion.

Ra'Shede Hageman. HUGE boom or bust potential. He looks like he could either be a future hall of famer or be the guy that busts and sets the defense back years.

With about 5 days until the draft, let's discuss the prospects that are highly rated and have a better than average chance of being bust.

the #1 on my list is Johnny Football. he could be another Fran Tarketon but he also could end up being a total bust.

As far as the Patriots are concerned many mocks have Hageman going to them. If you look as his measurables, his highlight video, and his size, he sure looks like a player. But I've read several scouting reports that consider him to be lazy, lacks motivation, and has a big risk factor after he get's his payday .

Last week Kiper and McShay picked him to go to the Patriots. Bill Polian went nuts. He repeated a lot of what I mentioned the scouting reports said and then said why would the Patriots pick Hageman when Truitt was still on the board. Tuitt is a high effort player would with the same measurables as Hagerman and has a better chance to be a Richard Seymour type player than Hageman.

I'm not a big Polian fan for several reasons. But I would take his player evaluations more than I would the draft mockers.

Any other Fools gold players that need to be discussed?
For me, it's Derek Carr. I tend to agree with McShay on his true value being in the round 3-4 area.

If Houston drafts Clowney I think it is unlikely he will be viewed as a bust even if it is misconception. The Watt factor will leave Clowney 1on1 the majority of the time, in a 1on1 situation he will be able to get to the QB with his physical gifts alone. If Clowney goes to a team where he is the focus of the opponents offensive line it is more likely that he is viewed as a bust.

In no particular order, I view these players as the riskiest early round players.

Anthony Barr
Bradley Roby
Dominique Easley*
Stephon Tuitt
Brandin Cooks
Blake Bortles
Kelvin Benjamin
Dee Ford
Demarcus Lawrence
Jace Amaro
Louis Nix
Cyrus Kouandjio*
Cody Latimer
Tim Savage

*injuries

Last edited:
I'm surprised so many people think Mike Evans is a can't miss prospect.

In no particular order, I view these players as the riskiest early round players.

Anthony Barr
Bradley Roby
Dominique Easley*
Stephon Tuitt
Brandin Cooks
Blake Bortles
Kelvin Benjamin
Dee Ford
Demarcus Lawrence
Jace Amaro
Louis Nix
Cyrus Kouandjio*
Cody Latimer
Tim Savage

*injuries

Not RaShede Hageman or Tuitt's fat linemate at ND?

Aaron Donald.....workout warrior of the year.....just not seeing this guy projecting to be much in any scheme

Questioning how he'll fit in a scheme is fine, but Aaron Donald is the polar opposite of a workout warrior. He's about as blue collar on a football field as they come.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back