PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Focusing On The FOUR Openings At OT

It will take our 2nd and 3rd to move up into the low twenties to get what we HOPE is a rookie starting LT.

Hoping one of the higher graded guys falls to lower 20s so it wouldn’t be that much of a trade up. If we have to give up a 3rd to ensure a good tackle with a 2nd pick I wouldn’t be too unhappy rolling with chuks. Might need to spend a later pick for a swing or sign someone.

Today can potentially change all of this though we’ll see

Smith will want to go to a contender, can't see him signing here.

Jonah Williams might be doable but he's not going to come cheap.

I wonder what the Steelers would want for the kid that was playing RT before they drafted Jones, seemed serviceable at least.

Other than that, I'm in agreement with looking at Eluemunor and I'm certain Josh Jones from the Texans is obtainable - I would also ask Brown what he's looking for, he's been more than serviceable for us.

Draft-wise, it seems everyone wants Guyton and I've seen him go mid first round in some mocks. OT's are always in demand and go earlier than expected. Can't think he'll be in play at the end of the first / early second.

The BYU kid, Suamataia(?) might be there though, and Patrick Paul from Houston is getting some buzz with his size and due to training with Duke Manyweather.

Just saw that we signed the kid I was talking about last month. Looked okay in Pittsburgh for my eyes.

Some nice moves to sure up the right side. But who plays LT?

Option 2

In order to have the flexibility to draft a QB at 3, we need to have a plan for getting our OT's. I well understand that we may not draft a QB that highly, but we need the flexibility to do so. In some sense, free agency should not force picks in the draft.
=====================================================
WHAT WE HAVE
Is there any OT on the roster that you want on the 2024 final 53?
==============
OPTION ONE - ONWENU
He is worth the $20 franchise, even if it is a 1-year bridge. We are in a terrible situation.

OPTION 2
Draft a STARTING OT at 34.

OPTION 3
Draft a developmental; OT in the 3rd or 4th

OPTION 4
Sign additional OT to compete with #34
=========
If we don't do ALL of these, what is your replacement suggestions?
We've now signed 2 of our OT's in free agency: Onwenu and Chubacca.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back