Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should the 5-year Pro Football HoF waiting period be waived for them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who say Brady and Belichick should get into the HOF before the 5 year wait period sound like recent fans/frontrunners. It’s just not how things are done. No special treatment should be afforded to them.

Of course, but some of us are joking.

Of course, but some of us are joking.

Maybe, but there are 27 votes for “yes” in this poll. Hard to tell with so many bandwagon fans we’ve accumulated over the years.

I’d say no, but not like I would be pissed if they did waive it. I don’t see a need for it.

Sorry, Florio, I'll pass on this particular silliness. How about an alternate topic for our pair of immortals:

What will the NFL name after BB & Brady, along the lines of the Walter Payton award and the Lombardi trophy? The Belichick Coach of the Year award, perhaps?

I'd like to see it happen just to watch TennisBallHead's explode...

Waive
Selfish reason: I'd like to be around to see it

It's not really fair to everyone else. They'll get in as soon as they are eligible, and I'd rather enjoy the ride while the two are still playing/coaching than worry about when they are getting in as first-time ballot shoe-ins (although Pats4Life12 on here has already informed me that we are going to Brady's induction and the HOF Game, lol).

Why wait? Put them in now!

No.
It's a very exclusive club with rules about how it admits new members. Waiving the waiting period for BB and TB would artificially create two Tiers of members. Let the fans and media determine for themselves who are in the Upper Tier.

On a related note, they're not going to take Lombardi's name off the Championship Trophy. But, there's nothing to stop them from renaming the SB MVP Trophy "The Tom Brady Super Bowl MVP Trophy." It would also be great if the trophy for the "Coach of the Year Award" was renamed "The Bill Belichick Coach of the Year Trophy." One can only dream.

Coach would be horrified at the idea of a tradition being modified just for him.
100% agree. He's a huge student of the history of the game. I think, like other posters, that when they are gone for the 5 years, they will take on a mythic level.

Looking forward to my first pilgrimage to Canton when they both get in. I was there the night Brady went in for Bledsoe, I was there in N.O. when he got his first ring, and I plan on being in Canton when he gets enshrined. After the five year wait.

I think an interesting topic will be who introduces them. I bet Bill has one of his kids and Tom has his father if he's still alive or one of his kids as well.

I think an interesting topic will be who introduces them. I bet Bill has one of his kids and Tom has his father if he's still alive or one of his kids as well.

BB has Parcells introduce him.

Brady has Drew Henson introduce him.

Regards,
Chris

Maybe, but there are 27 votes for “yes” in this poll. Hard to tell with so many bandwagon fans we’ve accumulated over the years.
Those 27 yes voters will be buying Mahomes and Mayfield jerseys the next time the Pats are 2-2.

Bill the GM can be nominated and elected now. Looking at the last 20 years, why wouldn't he be HOF for GM?

I think non players should have a shorter waiting period

Interesting point. I could buy into this line of thinking. If someone is over the age of (fill in the blank) then they don’t have to wait. You make that age like 60 or something so that you know it only applies to non-players. It gives the people a better chance of getting in while they are still alive (a morbid thought, I know) but still something to consider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back