PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio speculates a Demaryius Thomas to NE trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Thomas considered "soft," in that he's afraid of contact and won't fight for the ball? Or was that someone else in Denver?

I don't know about soft. He hasn't had much impact in the postseason recently, but he had a monster postseason in 2013, including 13 catches in the SB against Seattle at the very height of the Legion of Boom. Doesn't mean much for 2018, but still, I think his problems might have been injury related rather than unwillingness to get the tough catches.

Broncos will cut him like they did TJ Ward last year. I would wait a few weeks if were BB. He would fill a big need for outside receiver.
Would Elway be willing to admit that paying the $4 million option in March was a mistake like that? That would be $9.5 million spent in March on two players that didn’t even last until September.

Would Elway be willing to admit that paying the $4 million option in March was a mistake like that? That would be $9.5 million spent in March on two players that didn’t even last until September.

Either way I don't think Thomas is complaining.:D

I wasn't aware of all that. However, I think if Thomas is outplayed by Courtland Sutton or Dasean Hamilton then Elway will cut his losses. He hasn't been playing well this preseason and is 30 years old with a salary of $8.5 million this year and $14 million next year. The coaching staff does not appeared to be thrilled with him. My gut tells me he will be cut.

Demaryius Thomas gets pushed by Broncos' rookie receivers

Last edited:
This would be interesting if he was in his final year of the contract. It would be easier to make his cap hit more manageable. It is intriguing and could be a great fit but I dont think there is a way to make the money work.

Much rather have Sanders if he’s on the table..he’s basically Edelman. Excellent route runner and tough as nails and can lineup anywhere. Thomas is kinda soft, seems to never show up for the big games. I’ll take Thomas if he’s cheap though. Our receiver core has the potential to be very bad.

Isn't Thomas considered "soft," in that he's afraid of contact and won't fight for the ball? Or was that someone else in Denver?
At his age, and with that inclination, he's just looking to punch the clock 'til retirement and get out without getting hurt. Unless he's essentially a freebee and we lose another wr in tonight's game, I'm not interested.

I would take Thomas or Dez and be stoked.

I'm not a big DT fan, but if McDaniels signs off on it then I'm happy to defer to his judgment. We could certainly use the WR help.

I'd take him, but it won't happen. Not sure why all the news outlets are going crazy over barely plausible speculation.

I'd take him, but it won't happen. Not sure why all the news outlets are going crazy over barely plausible speculation.

Because of the TJ Ward cut.

In theory the Broncos enter the season with hopes to make a run at the post season, they have a somewhat established QB this year and a guy they drafted #5 overall that is expected to make an immediate impact. Not sure they would do that but it's an interesting name. About being soft a WR in this offense is expected to make clean catches if he is on the place where he is expected to be, OK that there will be times when it won't be possible to be totally open but anyways it's a much better investment to spend 8 Million on Thomas than Toasty Bryant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3